PDA

View Full Version : Considering selling my Origin Axis 5mtr

Dan5
13-01-2013, 04:29 PM
As the title suggests i'm thinking of moving her on as it does not get the use it should.

It's a 2011 build with a 140Suzuki 4stroke with 35hrs only,the engine was fitted in Nov 2011.
It has a 200ltr tank,underfloor kill.rear center console front cast deck,rod locker(not 100% finished) on a heavy duty custom built trailer,Garmin 4008 chartplotter,Garmin 298 sounder combo,garmin 100 vhf and Garmin GMI 10's x 2,dual batterys and all NEMA 2000 conectivity and OCA out board cover.

The boat is not painted but has tube matting floor and rod holders 3 x swivel seats.

Basicly it was put together with the best possible components i could afford,

Just putting it out there to get a feel for what i should be putting on it to move her on.

I know pretty much what it cost me to put together but i need an open market opinion.

Dan

Sheik
13-01-2013, 04:51 PM
that's a great boat Dan... must weigh heaps to have a motor that size on it and the double axle... you've written 5m as the description; is that all it is? seems bigger but could be just the angle of the photo.
having said that, i have no idea what it's worth. Possibly relates very much to what you paid for the hull and the motor. I've been trying to sell my brothers xtrail for 4 months and havent had a single call yet despite what i think is a reasonqble price, so basically what I'm saying is try to get 3/4's of your money back perhaps and go from there. I'm thinking 35 to 40 but that's a very uninformed guess that may offend you. sorry if it does. just a complete guess.
regards jim

Dan5
13-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Mate your not too far from what i think is a fair price,i'm not offended at all bud i asked the question and you gave me your opinion...

Dan

Sheik
13-01-2013, 05:16 PM
and now Iv e just remembered reading all about your fit out and what you did to get here going. Is the boat still in NT?
With the seat back as it is, can you bottom bounce OK?
How did the porpoising end up, did the bigger prop solve that?
are you happy with the garmins?
That is a fantastic boat mate and if i had the coin I would buy it myself.
good luick with the sale.

Dan5
13-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep still in the NT,
Yeah seat at the back is fine,
Fitted 5 deg engine wedges and moved motor up and fixed the porposing,
Garmins are great.really easy to use....(when i have),

Thanks .
Dan

Sheik
13-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah I used a touch screen garmin on my last boat and it was the best GPS I've used on a boat by a country mile. Screen was crap though unfort, couldnt see it in the light...what a shame you havent got to use it much. that's life though hey. hope it goes well.
regards jim

bluefin59
13-01-2013, 06:49 PM
What a surprise 😜😜I tell you what Dan I will give you my fin and deliver it to you and 5k 😛😛😛😛😛😛😛how does that sound?? I'll be up after the wet to pick her up mate😎😎😎😎😎Matt

Squidlet
13-01-2013, 07:09 PM
You know you will get far more than 40g for it up here bud!!!!! Dont rush into selling her bud.
Cheers Chris.

Jarrah Jack
13-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Couldn't you just use it more mate? Other than that I'll give you a few quid for it and some nice booze when I see you there during the run off. We'll celebrate so much I'll forget to bring it back with me and leave it with you til next time and we'll repeat the same.

Knowing what my mates spent up there on similar boats mid 30's is an absolute bargain.

Dan5
13-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Couldn't you just use it more mate? Other than that I'll give you a few quid for it and some nice booze when I see you there during the run off. We'll celebrate so much I'll forget to bring it back with me and leave it with you til next time and we'll repeat the same.

i just don't use it like i planned to mate,and i've sort of lost intrest in the fishing scene as of the last 12mths....too many dickheads here now really.......You just can't leave your car/trailer at any of the out of town boat ramps any more as some dimwit trashes/torches your gear.

it's not what it used to be thats for sure.

Dan

Jarrah Jack
13-01-2013, 08:33 PM
i just don't use it like i planned to mate,and i've sort of lost intrest in the fishing scene as of the last 12mths....too many dickheads here now really.......You just can't leave your car/trailer at any of the out of town boat ramps any more as some dimwit trashes/torches your gear.

it's not what it used to be thats for sure.

Dan

Very sad all round I reckon but if your not using it there's not much point having all that money sitting there. Looks to be another lean runoff this year as well?

johncar
13-01-2013, 09:19 PM
That's a shame Dan, sorry to hear that you are not getting to use it like you wanted to. Took mine for her maiden voyage today and it's a very impressive boat, everything I was hoping for and better. If you do decide to let her go someone will be getting a great rig.
Mine got along very well with the DF90 today, I was thinking that DF140 on yours must be a rocket.
Anyway all the best with whatever you decide.

QuinTin
13-01-2013, 09:31 PM
nice rig bud if i had the cash i would buy it but don't think the boss likes me that much:P
but a price have to be close or a tad over 40g mid 40s not sure just a guess but good luck with it hope ya get what ya looking for.