PDA

View Full Version : Heaven on earth - pics and fish from xxxx island

ontourf
10-01-2013, 08:40 PM
880828808188080Hi lads

I am a jealous as you, but one of the lads returned from XXXX Island in late 2012, not only with stories, but also pics, including big Cobia and Coral Trout. As if that is not bad enough, one of our Ontour Fishing Club members looks over Pumpkin (official name before XXXX lease) island and Great Keppel every day from his house at Yeppoon. Pics below as a taster. Check out more on our Facebook page - we are a social fishing club who love a fish and a laugh - you should have one too. So jump on and LIKE us @ http://www.facebook.com/Ontourfishin gclub

No gimmicks, selling sh*t or pretentions from our Club boys. We don't claim to the experts either, but we do all right, and have a lot of fun, something we want to encourage to our struggling pasttime with all the green lobbyists.

Happy New Year and tight lines girls and boys :cool3:

Skip

Captain Seaweed
10-01-2013, 08:51 PM
I have wanted to get on this island for ages!!!

ShaneC
10-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Awesome!!!

jtpython
11-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Be an alright place is there was better alchole there and topless barmaids :p

ontourf
11-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Serious rules folks!

BTWThere is no space in our Facebook page name, so anyone can see it even without a facebook account if you type it in. But the powers that be on this site somehow regard the name as spam, so I am forced to record it that way. Got me stuffed why when we are encouraging women and kids to fish.

Anyway, here is another pic from our website at the same name, you can google it.

jtpython
11-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Yes pumpkin is a lovely place . Any ausfish er s get there I'm 14 km away

jtpython
11-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I have wanted to get on this island for ages!!!

Thats as good as any excuse to drink more buddy

Mister
13-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Wow does XXXX island take you fishing as well? What boat does XXXX island use? Do they charter a boat as well as the stay on the island?

macka17
14-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Yea.

We at Pacific Heights. Looking down over Pumpkin now..
Where's the bino's??.

ontourf
16-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Wow does XXXX island take you fishing as well? What boat does XXXX island use? Do they charter a boat as well as the stay on the island?

You got it. Very good trolling and reef fishing there too. Little do they know monster whiting to 40+cm off the beach according to our local from Ontour Fishing Club who has caught them (more pics on our FB site, anyone can see don't have to be member, but if you are jump on and LIKE us).

grahams
16-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I am not on fb but are you sure the big "whiting" aren't bonefish, plenty of them around keppels around 40 to 50 cm?
Xxxx island...about the 4 th or 5 th best spot around, mate its tough up here

Mister
17-01-2013, 06:33 PM
You got it. Very good trolling and reef fishing there too. Little do they know monster whiting to 40+cm off the beach according to our local from Ontour Fishing Club who has caught them (more pics on our FB site, anyone can see don't have to be member, but if you are jump on and LIKE us).

What I would like to know is where does this FG charter boat and XXXX island fit together? XXXX Island doesn't have a FG charter boat, they do have a 39' alloy "tinnie" with a pair of 4S yammies as well as a couple of tinnies with 25's on the back but going to have to call the cobia and trout pic in the orig post as nothing to do with XXXX island, so maybe to might like to review and correct this oversight :)

Nobody is going to "like" anybody that tells porkies

Muddy Toes
17-01-2013, 06:39 PM
If anyone is sold on the whole whiting idea and has a spot on Pumpkin Island to catch them....

I'll gladly give you all my whiting spots around home and take your spot up at the Keppels if that's easier........

ontourf
20-01-2013, 06:26 PM
What I would like to know is where does this FG charter boat and XXXX island fit together? XXXX Island doesn't have a FG charter boat, they do have a 39' alloy "tinnie" with a pair of 4S yammies as well as a couple of tinnies with 25's on the back but going to have to call the cobia and trout pic in the orig post as nothing to do with XXXX island, so maybe to might like to review and correct this oversight :)

Nobody is going to "like" anybody that tells porkies

I checked with one of the lads who went. Turns out the tinnies that you normally take out yourself where being serviced, so they threw in a charter to make up for it while they were on the island. So, yes not not normally the case, but everything to do with XXXX island in this case thanks mate.

ontourf
20-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I am not on fb but are you sure the big "whiting" aren't bonefish, plenty of them around keppels around 40 to 50 cm?
Xxxx island...about the 4 th or 5 th best spot around, mate its tough up here

Brother was there, ran and grabbed rod from boat and caught a couple. Definately sand whiting. He'd seen them snorkelling.