PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Inlet, anyone catching anthing?

barrabart
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
G'day all,

I fish the inlet mainly in Cairns, using the Speedway boatramp as i live at Edmonton. Since winter however i have found it quite dead...... i don't change my tactics alot, just mainly live bait fishing, with some lure tossing/trolling thrown in...... I've heard some talk of big grunter being caught, can anyone offer advice on tactics to target these fellas, or any other tips to improve my day on the water..... obviously the Barra are off the target range at present.....

If it doesn't improve soon i'm just about ready to throw the towel and sell the tinny..... or maybe get a bigger boat to get out into some blue water, hehe. I'm hanging in for some decent rains to flush the creeks, i'm hoping this will stir things up.....

Regards,

Barrabart.

barrabart
09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Take it we are all in the same boat............... few all catchin bugger all....................

Daintreeboy
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Haven't fished it for a while mate but with the huge tides this weekend I reckon fishing out the front on the hospital flats might see some good fish on the move. Early hours of Sat morning to the it high tide could be good. Let us know how you go.

barrabart
19-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Only got a chance to get out after lunch on friday......... fished the low tide and incoming, still no frikken good. I'm back at work now (PNG), and apparently it's raining big time in Cairns, so i'm hoping this is whats needed to get things to turn around...... i'll let ya know in a week or so.

Thanks anyway.

Pazz01
20-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't say raining big time.. but a few showers, lucky to have had 2 inches this weekend to date.

But they probably need a good flush out.

Pazz

odes20
20-01-2013, 12:42 PM
weve had 80 mm out at Kewarra since Friday nite Pazz