PDA

View Full Version : Holiday to Hervey Bay In Feb

fisho8
07-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Ok guys I am heading to Hervey Bay in feb for a family holiday and will be taking my tinny with me. I have a 385 Quinny Explorer witha 15hp Motor. I have not been to Hervey Bay since I was 13 I am the young old age of 36 now haha. Is there any good places to do a bit of inshore stuff with the family?? I would love to take the Whittley up there but the Hotel does not have facilities to store a 21ft boat any info would be great. I will be staying at the Australis Shelly Bay Resort.

I will more than like launch from the marina up there as I am sure they would have a ramp some where around there. Any info would be great guys.

Cheers Mick.:cool3:

Schulzy
07-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Should be plenty of places for you to try hopefully the fish will bight soon.

coopersman
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
head out to river heads and fish the mouth of the susan and mary river threadfins, flathead ,bream and throw the cast net around for some livies great spot to take the family, if its carm day head over to kingfisher for the day go to the day bar for a swim and lunch.

Mrs Ronnie H
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi
Boat ramp is at marina and is very well set up. Pontoon etc. If weather is fine then you would have no trouble heading out toward Fraser. Plenty of spots to fish. There is also a boat ramp at Toogoom but the channel out may be abit tricky. Nice place to take the family for a drive and fish from the bank-- you would be ok i think in a small tinny there I reckon.

If you are looking at further holidays up there i would check out house rentals at Toogoom-- although it is abit out of Hervey Bay you can rent a nice place on the water and have ample room for a big boat.

Nice place to go for a holiday.

I have some pics of the area if you like me to post.

Mrs H

fisho8
08-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah that would be great Mrs Ronnie thank for the info guys.

Mrs Ronnie H
09-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi
here are some pics around the region.
The first couple are ramp in Hervey at marina. Other pics are house we stayed in at Toogoom and some of the spots at Toogoom for a fish. Ramp at Toogoom. Remember the tide drops the water level dramatically up there. There is also Burrum heads a little further up that has about 3 ramps and you can go in the river. Theres also another ramp at Hervey , name escapes me but it was recently upgraded and you would have no trouble in getting out in a tinny from there. Talk to the guys at Tackle w and you will find them really helpful as well.

coopersman
09-01-2013, 10:14 AM
was reading the local paper and the council is going to up grading the Burrum heads ramp this year

4x4frog
16-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Did a land based holiday up there a few years back. Great place plenty of fishing spots. Would have hired a boat but weather was poor.

I do remember reading there are a few areas off limits to cast netting so just make sure you get all the local knowledge before you set out.

Best tackle/bait shop was the one at the jetty.

Have a great time too