PDA

View Full Version : There's nice people in Caloundra

MickS
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I returned to the boat ramp this arvo after an unforgettable days fishing in the passage, and the wind that hampered my days fishing was making getting the boat on the trailer difficult. Two blokes turned up and helped me get the boat on the trailer. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Todddo
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
I miss living in Caloundra for this reason.
Such a nice place, with mostly nice people :D

kind_cir
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm a local and I help where I can.

I seen a bloke with a bag of super undersize bream and whiting. He was fishing off the ramp pontoon and I let him know he was doing wrong and there were big fines if caught. He shrugged and said "arr well"..... I said I'll call the fisheries and let them know your here, as they arein the area. He promptly started to throw his catch back,.. All dead mind you.

If I see doing it again, I may just push him in the drink.

Ps, I did let him know of the leagal size and bag limits.

choppa
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
if your the fellow around 2ish,, no probs

if not,, always next time

wayno60
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Now if that had of been is bris they would have been sitting back in the deck chairs, esky between them, laughing their haeds off.

Mike Delisser
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I returned to the boat ramp this arvo after an unforgettable days fishing in the passage, and the wind that hampered my days fishing was making getting the boat on the trailer difficult. Two blokes turned up and helped me get the boat on the trailer. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Good post MickS.
I sometimes hit the Brizzy River after work for quick solo sessions chasing threadies or squire. Pinkenba ramp can be a bitch, tide, wind, and waves off tugs, always appreciate it when a bystander gives you a hand.

I'm a local and I help where I can.

I seen a bloke with a bag of super undersize bream and whiting. He was fishing off the ramp pontoon and I let him know he was doing wrong and there were big fines if caught. He shrugged and said "arr well"..... I said I'll call the fisheries and let them know your here, as they arein the area. He promptly started to throw his catch back,.. All dead mind you.

If I see doing it again, I may just push him in the drink.

Ps, I did let him know of the leagal size and bag limits.

Things like that really s##t me,

BLOOEY
05-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Thats good to hear mate. That pinkenba ramp is a mongrel of a thing. Only used it once and it was howling wind and current. Started rigging up a rope from the stainless rings that are set into the concrete to drag the ass of the boat around when a bloke came and gave me a hand, not sure if i would have actually got it on otherwise. Ben

jerson
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Now if that had of been is bris they would have been sitting back in the deck chairs, esky between them, laughing their haeds off.

The last 4-5 times i've put the boat on the trailer at White Is. it been blowing. Strangers have help me on each occasion. Brisbane isn't such a bad place.

Crunchy
06-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I've been given a hand a few times at Pinkenba as well....generally pretty good blokes there....I'm a bit over fighting the wind and current there these days.

fisho8
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Never had an issue at a ramp anywhere up there awsome place to be hope I live there one day....

Gon Fishun
06-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Never had an issue at a ramp anywhere up there awsome place to be hope I live there one day....
No way.
Funchy is out on the water getting all the good fish before the sun even looks like shining on the Kiwi's.