PDA

View Full Version : Whacko !!!!............................. Goes beautifully !!

Donny Boy
02-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Well now !!!

After an extended time off the briny, first trip out with the replacement motor today.

Busted the previous one, when I hit a sand bar ....................
..................in the Broadwater on NRL Grand Final Day 2012, doing around 20 knots.

(which, according to me, and Instumentation, .....wasn't there................ You think I haven't got an argument to give them......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.)

Nice.......................>:(

Anyhoo, after much inconvenience, (and even less fishing !) I can report to all, that I gave the replacement it's first run today ( after much field testing )

Put in at Cabbage Tree Point, and ran almost to Mark's Rocks in the Logan River, nice and slow, at around 2500-3000 RPM...........Not a worry.........all good.

On the return leg, decided to push it just a bit, & went to 4000 RPM, up on the plane, and all was right with the world................just skated along beautifully.:D
Went like a Scalded Cat........:o

Much thanks to Mark Close @ MC Marine, for finding and adapting the motor.
(1995 Johnson 115 V4 2 stroke), what a top pickup. ::)
Going out again tomorrow, (inside the Pin, until the Cyclone goes....) to trial it again, but expect no problems, as nothing even sounded bad for the whole day.

Might even try to wet a couple of pots (Crab) and go after Lizards, just to see what's happening.................
(any reports for that same area accepted................Thank you in advance.......;D )

Anyway, the Sun was shining, the Birds were singing, the Seagulls were wearing Sunglasses............. and a great day it was...........but no fish .................
unless you count Eels & Jellyfish :-? Got those suckers !!!!

Just great to be back on the water again after a shit of a year in 2012......

My New Years Resolution is that I think I want to be more decisive.

HNY to all.

Signed......
(The recently returned to the briny)