PDA

View Full Version : Northside Marine Yamaha prices?

fishing111
01-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Got to laugh at there "Yamaha Outboard Motor Prices" bit. No prices except for 2 stroke tiller jobs that i can see. It sure would be easier for the boating public to get accurate figures without ringing up/sending emails etc. I realize every boat is different in regard to fit-up, however I see no reason the price minus fit-up can't be listed?

We display our Yamaha outboard prices online for your benefit. We pride ourselves in having extensive knowledge, and the best prices, on the entire range of Yamaha Outboards in Brisbane, Queensland.

bobbyb
01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
funny how all the web sites i look at, most dealers in qld will not advertise there prise. always POA. well if there prise ain't good enough to advertise i don't wanta know about it. i'll buy Else where..

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Why would Northside want to get in a online bidding war with Brisbane Yamaha (their opposition)?? if your not prepared to ask then you may not be getting the best deal!

Shawn 66
01-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Why would Northside want to get in a online bidding war with Brisbane Yamaha (their opposition)?? if your not prepared to ask then you may not be getting the best deal!
Garry ,
I agree with what you say to a cetain extent , however I wonder how many sales Brisbane Yamaha achieve by posting the purchase price of every Yammie they sell .
Shawn

wayno60
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Garry,
they dont have to get into a bidding war, why cant North side just put up their best price and thats it!! Ill bet NS have bris yamaha price list right beside their phones.

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Shawn, how many sales would northside get by beating the already known BY price

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Garry,
they dont have to get into a bidding war, why cant North side just put up their best price and thats it!! Ill bet NS have bris yamaha price list right beside their phones. I thin k you would find more than Just NS have that list

Wayne which would you choose if they did put the price up?

Shawn 66
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Shawn, how many sales would northside get by beating the already known BY price
Garry ,
I would have thought that Brisbane Yammie would have picked up a fair few sales by advertising their prices .
Then again , I am not in the business .
I also should point out that I purchased my last package from them.
Shawn

Shark Poker
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Guys,
About a million years ago I worked at that company for a while in boat/outboard sales.
Customers thought they might actually get some good service, as they were investing in a new Yamaha, and giving us thousand of dollars.
But there were so many Yammy dealers competing on prices that we struggled to make a tiny margin or profit, and often selling a new outboard was a miserable experience. (Same for most brands)
Putting out your "best" prices over phone or internet is just a risk of a competitor beating it by a tiny amount.
Smaller dealers/workshops could unpack a Yamaha from the box, any hp motor, add $350 to its cost and have a good mornings' business.
Yamaha Australia did not seem to care about dealership over competition, IMO, as it kept the market price a bit leaner, while they got their full price for the imports.

So, if you are serious, phone or google about, then make an appointment to see your local dealer, explain you are serious, and ask what they can do for you.

And, please don't be offended by dealers trying to survive by servicing a very difficult market.
By the way, Happy New Year Everybody!

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 02:28 PM
How many other dealers put their prices up??? of any brand for that matter. If it was all that favorable then don't you think it would be wide spread

There also seems to be a fair bit of smoke covering those prices from BY, why is it they don't give you the complete package price less fitting?

wayno60
01-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Wayne which would you choose if they did put the price up?
Id do what i did and go to the boat show talk to them all then make up my mind who i was going with...

why is it they don't give you the complete package price less fitting?
Its been a little while since ive looked but i thought the price that BY advertise is the price not fitted...when i got my 70 i think the price was around the $9600 unfitted, and an even 10 fitted, water tested , gauges, water seperator, and a very neat job into the bargin.

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Taken off there web site

Product IDRRPOur priceEngine TypeF60CETL$9,250.00JUST $8,273SOHC In-line 4

So do you think this is their price plus fitting??

Steeler
01-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Why advertise price, if serious call them. Would you pay the ticketed price anyways ?. Probably not so rather academic.

wayno60
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
PLEASE NOTE - Prices DO NOT include fitting or acessories where applicable. It is a Yamaha Australia stipulation that all Yamaha Outboards be fitted and personally delivered by the selling Yamaha Dealership (Brisbane Yamaha).

unless other wise marked, no it doesnt...

Spaniard_King
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
So what extras did you have to pay for??

wayno60
01-01-2013, 07:39 PM
well i took the 10k deal and thats all i paid, everything included.

when i got my 70 i think the price was around the $9600 unfitted, and an even 10 fitted, water tested , gauges, water seperator, and a very neat job into the bargin.

rayken1938
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Re: Question to Spaniard King re Carby Versus EFI

It isnt all about the initial price you are investing in a major item that hopefully be problem free for years but you have also to look at.
How well do they do the fit up?
convenience for servicing.
Servicing costs
Dealers reputation and financial stability
How long have they been in business?
You may very well pay a few hundred dollars more but could end up with a superior product in the long run.
I am in no ways promoting one dealer over the other but just pointing out different things to think about before parting out with your cash.
Have a yarn to Spaniard King before making a decision he may be able to help you save a few bucks,
Cheers
Ray

fisho8
02-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Guys,
About a million years ago I worked at that company for a while in boat/outboard sales.
Customers thought they might actually get some good service, as they were investing in a new Yamaha, and giving us thousand of dollars.
But there were so many Yammy dealers competing on prices that we struggled to make a tiny margin or profit, and often selling a new outboard was a miserable experience. (Same for most brands)
Putting out your "best" prices over phone or internet is just a risk of a competitor beating it by a tiny amount.
Smaller dealers/workshops could unpack a Yamaha from the box, any hp motor, add $350 to its cost and have a good mornings' business.
Yamaha Australia did not seem to care about dealership over competition, IMO, as it kept the market price a bit leaner, while they got their full price for the imports.

So, if you are serious, phone or google about, then make an appointment to see your local dealer, explain you are serious, and ask what they can do for you.

And, please don't be offended by dealers trying to survive by servicing a very difficult market.
By the way, Happy New Year Everybody!

Well said mate agree totally. If you are serious about an engine purchase go see the dealer and get an accurate quote off them and go from there.

Cheers Mick.

FishHunter
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Stuff the secrecy, I hate that I cant even get a rough idea of a price. The importers should be forced have a price list of RR prices on their web sites. The car guys make it work so I dont see the issue.

Drew70
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I would suggest the old fashion way of ringing around and going and see some dealers to see what they offer.
I made a sizeable investment last year in 2 x 250 Yammies and the local deal I took was far better in price then the company with internet listed pricing but more importantly service / on going part pricing and access to information was a lot better.
By all means use internet pricing as a lever but theres far more to a longterm deal then a one off price.
Drew

darkside
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
My 2 cents worth. 99% of the complaints on this forum are based on service, or lack thereof, I genuinely don't think a few hundred dollars on a $10 000 purchase could be considered a deal breaker, although I could be wrong. ! What I have learnt from being on this site is.
1/ "Poor man pays twice", if you buy something dodgy and cheap you then buy the good one and pay the extra that you should have in the first place.
2/ "Quality remains when price is forgotten". you can tell who on this site loves their boat, the service they have recieved from it and the joy it brings them. ( Invaluable).
3/ "You pay for it once , yet you use it all the time". Buy it, have a good experience , start using it and enjoy it .
4/ "Your buying a quality product, not a price" Do your research, find out the dealers people are happy with, the service they recieved then worry about the price.
As I said at the start, this is my opinion only, but it is what I have gleaned from reading the valuable posts on here, very very few posts complained about price, the majority complained about the service and buying experience. By all means shop the dealers, but be fair to them, and yourself it's a big purchase, not something you should be buying at costco or Aldi out of a catalogue.

Shawn 66
03-01-2013, 01:15 AM
My 2 cents worth. 99% of the complaints on this forum are based on service, or lack thereof, I genuinely don't think a few hundred dollars on a $10 000 purchase could be considered a deal breaker, although I could be wrong. ! What I have learnt from being on this site is.
1/ "Poor man pays twice", if you buy something dodgy and cheap you then buy the good one and pay the extra that you should have in the first place.
2/ "Quality remains when price is forgotten". you can tell who on this site loves their boat, the service they have recieved from it and the joy it brings them. ( Invaluable).
3/ "You pay for it once , yet you use it all the time". Buy it, have a good experience , start using it and enjoy it .
4/ "Your buying a quality product, not a price" Do your research, find out the dealers people are happy with, the service they recieved then worry about the price.
As I said at the start, this is my opinion only, but it is what I have gleaned from reading the valuable posts on here, very very few posts complained about price, the majority complained about the service and buying experience. By all means shop the dealers, but be fair to them, and yourself it's a big purchase, not something you should be buying at costco or Aldi out of a catalogue.
Well stated .
Shawn

fishing111
03-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Seems to be some confusion as to whether NSM should or should not advertise there prices online. My comment was relating to how NSM (themselves) have a big banner on there website stating that they list there Yamaha prices, yet none are listed except for the 2 stroke potables 2-30 hp. I understand what Gary and others are saying about ringing around, however a base price is something to work on before one would make calls I would assume, for me at least.

rayken1938
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
If you want to get idea of retaik prices why not spent a few bucks ande get a boating mag? Or have a free browse in the newsagents.
Cheers
Ray

fishing111
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I give up, i only posted as i thought it odd that NSM didn't list prices as they indicate. Not looking to buy, it was just an observation.

Noelm
03-01-2013, 12:48 PM
In my experience, even ringing around will not get the best price, if you are serious about doing a deal, go and see "the man" RRP, and anything over the phone is about as useless as you can get, some sneaky dealers will give you a low price, but when you get there, they then ask if you want controls, cables, prop, and anything else they did not include! you also need to factor in trade in and stuff like that, the "change over" price is all that is important, but some will tell me how a certain dealer offered $X trade in, but another dealer only offered peanuts! why? because the buyer had called around after the cheapest price, and the lowest price was not with a trade in too! the change over could well be just the same (if you get what I mean) It would make little difference if the importers did publish RRP, no one would pay it anyway!!! We live in the "communication age" and anyone can Ipad, Iphone, laptop, google anything these days, except the best price, that is reserved for cheap Chinese copy crap on ebay!

wayno60
03-01-2013, 02:46 PM
fish111,
As i write this there has been 1508 people read this thread and only 26 have posted. Most of the posts are not aimed at you, its just people airing there views.
What this thread has done is probable helped a lot of people who never post, but just get on here to learn stuff. Hopfully the comments here will do exactly that.
Having said that, i agree , why cant they put up thier prices and the other thing i hate is when you go to place "A" and get a price, go to place "B" and get a price and A knows your shoping around so says see how you go and we'll see what we can do for you.... why cant they give you their best price straight up????

TopBhoy
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
fish111,
As i write this there has been 1508 people read this thread and only 26 have posted. Most of the posts are not aimed at you, its just people airing there views.
What this thread has done is probable helped a lot of people who never post, but just get on here to learn stuff. Hopfully the comments here will do exactly that.
Having said that, i agree , why cant they put up thier prices and the other thing i hate is when you go to place "A" and get a price, go to place "B" and get a price and A knows your shoping around so says see how you go and we'll see what we can do for you.... why cant they give you their best price straight up????
You never get the best price advertised by Harvey Norman, Myers, Good Guys et al but at least they all advertise their prices to give an indication if you can even afford to think of having the latest 60" TV with surround sound with warranty and fully installed; or going the 40" with sub-woofer only. :-) I think that should be a minimum expectation from suppliers of all merchandise.

fishing111
03-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Sorry Wayno60 you are right in that i was reading Ray's post as a post directed at me instead of a general comment. I interpreted it the wrong way, so i'm off to give myself an uppercut.

cormorant
03-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Beat em at their own game. Start a thread "What I paid for a fully rigged motor" and that way everytime one of us buys a motor we get a real world price not a bullcrap marketing strategy.

Only a uncompetitive closed shop industry tries this sort of crap and it eventually sorts itself out. If a dealer can't communicate about what they can offer and why they should get your business along with a price - walk away - why give them your time. Same goes for clients - be honest - tell em what you want and when you want it and if it is cash or finance. They get volume and monthly rebates and have all sorts of factory promotions going.

I have actually taken a sheet in to several dealers so I get the exact same quote from all of them as to whats included etc etc.

What details do we need

Motor
model
HP
dealer
Cash or finance
Trade in - what you traded
raw price
installed
extras
what prop
what boat.