PDA

View Full Version : New years eve Bribie or Brisbane

MEG-A-BITE
27-12-2012, 07:36 AM
I have been told that Bribie has a good fireworks show on New years eve.Can any one tell me if its possible to watch the fireworks display from a boat in the channel.If so where is the best place to view this from and are you permitted to do so?

What are the regulations on the Brisbane river for new years eve? Any other suggestions where one can see the fireworks from a boat on New years eve?

kind_cir
27-12-2012, 06:21 PM
This should give you a clue to as where, when and what.

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Notices-to-Mariners/Ntm-brisbane-2012.aspx

Jeremy
27-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I have been up to Bribie for the fireworks a few times now. They have a bit of a fair with rides for the kids and food and some local bands at Bongaree, and the fireworks from barges and the beach at Bongaree SE of the jetty. You won't have any problems with your boat at Bribie, probably get the best view. Their is an early fireworks for the kids plus more at midnight. Not a bad way to spend New Years eve.

Fillet`n`Release
28-12-2012, 12:11 AM
This is the second year I'll be at Bribie for NYE. Last year though I hosted the party so couldn't go see the fireworks at Bongaree. This year however, off the hook and hoping to take my boat out to watch the fireworks from the water. No stress about parking or people, just anchor up, sit back and relax and enjoy the show. I just hope everyone else with the same idea has their lights working and their safety gear in check, I suspect the water police will be thicker than the midgies :)

Tailortaker
28-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm planning to throw the family in the boat and drop anchor in the passage to watch the dislpay too but seabreeze isn't agreeing with its 20knott plus wind prediction.

EdBerg
28-12-2012, 08:12 PM
The missus and I are also planning to anchor up around Bongaree to watch the fireworks on NYE, depending on the weather of course, last year there were quite a fair few boats doing the same, you can anchor almost anywhere at that end of the passage and still quite easily see the fireworks. (Just not too close to where they let them off).

Cheers

Ed.

Fillet`n`Release
28-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah I've since noticed the prediction from Seabreeze for the NYE night and I'm 50/50 atm. Just got Friday's local paper and they're saying the fireworks are definitely from a barge this year, and they hope to have 40,000 on the foreshores watching. That's a LOT of people, and I'd rather not be in a car when they all decide it's time to go home. It's a short trip back up the canals at 1am, wonder if my neighbours will mind if I flush the motor then ;)

MEG-A-BITE
29-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks for all the advice,will keep an eye on the weather and then make the call.

Kero
29-12-2012, 09:18 AM
We'll most likely take the kids and watch from the shore. Haven't been to the Bribie fireworks before, but would be easier than enduring the crowds in the city I imagine!

Could be a chance for a mini M&G?

Tailortaker
29-12-2012, 02:53 PM
We will probably just go for the early 8pm display.

uripper
29-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Excellent idea - thank you for this post - shame about the forecast
Mal