PDA

View Full Version : Baystar Hydraulic Steering

TimBOO
20-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Need help with m baystar hydraulic steering. Ive installed and bled it as per the instructions but when turning the wheel it is very notchy with a few hard bits whie turning it... Please anyone help me...

Cheers
Timbo

Noelm
21-12-2012, 07:11 AM
I was going to suggest something, but last time I did I got blasted, so that being said, here goes, is the steering new? if so, get a dealer to "power bleed" it, air in the system can cause that fault/system.

Noelm
21-12-2012, 07:20 AM
OH, and posting in the boating section might get a bit more response.

TimBOO
21-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah brand new.... Thanks for ya help. Thought it might still have air in there....

Noelm
21-12-2012, 09:47 AM
you can keep on bleeding it at home, but sometimes a small amount gets stuck, and it just wont bleed, for whatever reason, I had a bit of an issure when I installed one, and the dealer connected up his bleeder, and hey prsto, 15 mins later it was like new, and he didn't even charge me, how good was that? mind you, I do know him very well.

Crunchy
21-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Had similar issues which I thought was due to running the filling container dry while bleeding so went and bought 3 litres of fluid and used a 5L comtiner instead of the 1L they give you to make sure that the filling tank/tube was not going to run dry during the bleeding process, still had air coming in and found one of the connections not tight enough so tightened it up and re-bled the system....all good.

So I suggest using a big resovior with extra fluid when bleeding to ensure no air being taken in during the process and if that doesn't work look for a leaky connection.

Good luck

TimBOO
21-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Cheers ill try that. Where can ya buy the baystar oil from? How many litres do you guys reckon?

Spaniard_King
21-12-2012, 02:53 PM
The Key to Bleeding is to Bleed the side where there is nos pace in the cylinder..i.e piston is hard up against the end of the cylinder(you are only bleeding the lines... you dont bleed the ram using the bleeders on the ram) and ensure you do not let any air into the helm whilst bleeding.

If this does not make sense you better find my number and ring me :)

Angryant
21-12-2012, 08:48 PM
The Key to Bleeding is to Bleed the side where there is nos pace in the cylinder..i.e piston is hard up against the end of the cylinder(you are only bleeding the lines... you dont bleed the ram using the bleeders on the ram) and ensure you do not let any air into the helm whilst bleeding.

If this does not make sense you better find my number and ring me :)

And I am happy to give you Garry's number if need be. PM me if you want it.