PDA

View Full Version : It affects all of us.

OODIES
20-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Guys I don't mean to be all serious at christmas time, but if you could please watch my 2min video and if you feel it deserves it, share,e-mail, re-post what ever you can do to help me go as big as possible with this.
I can only do it once, so I intend to be a loud as I possibly can be.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Dave (BINGO) Oliver

http://youtu.be/lYd00x8-hVc

Use this link to go directly to my sponsor page: http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=522391&langPref=en-CA

(http://youtu.be/lYd00x8-hVc)

chief
20-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Top Effort mate, people CAN make a difference in this world and your one of them. Sent you a PM Cheers

PinHead
20-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Xmas Day this year marks 7 years since my mum passed away from cancer.

OODIES
20-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry if I've brought sad memories for you PinHead.
Your not alone mate, I don't know too many people including myself that haven't or aren't at present being affected by this horrible disease.
That's what is driving me and I believe that with a lot of help from the general public and local business, we can at least raise a few more dollars towards the vital research need to beat cancer.

Regards
Dave (BINGO)

PinHead
20-12-2012, 06:49 PM
not a problem Dave..lost mum on Xmas day and on the following 4th march lost dad from cancer also..and that was my birthday..worst couple of months of my life.

Moonlighter
20-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Ditto here.

Lost Dad to cancer May 2011, 2 weeks later Mum diagnosed with kidney cancer, lost her end of Nov 2011. Couldnt believe what was happening. Still hard.

Each year we make a big donation to the Qld Institute of Medical Research to contribute to the fight. And in their memory. Hope you understand Dave that we are committed to making that our sole cancer charity.

Cheers to all. Make sure you give big hugs to all those around you who you care about, cause you never know what might be just around the corner.

Grant

Lucky_Phill
20-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Copied and pasted on behalf of johncar

:) Good on you Dave, Found out I have bladder cancer a few months back as a result of going out to sea in the boat actually and surgery and treatment is now under way and ongoing. I have really appreciated the professional help I have had with my surgery and the medical staff just do a great job and go beyond great. I can't thank them enough and any money that can be raised to help develop better treatments and research is a very worthy cause. Trevelly's boy and others I know personally, both young and old, someone we know and love or even ourselves will need the care that comes out of the research that is done so I wish you all the best with your fundraising :)

OODIES
21-12-2012, 05:37 AM
PinHead
I understand mate, must of felt like the whole world was coming down around you.

Grant
No problem at all mate, your already giving and that is fantastic.
I in no way meant to make people feel oblligated or guilt trip people by starting this on top of Christmas, I have been setting it up for a while and it was just the timing I was in.
I was chafing at the bit to get going on it.

Johncar
Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like you are getting some great treatment by some very dedicated proffessonals and your right Phil we all can't thank them nearly enough.

Thanks all for the good wishes
You will be seeing my face all over the place as I am NOT going small with this.
MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS
Dave (BINGO)

jtpython
21-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Good On Ya Dave
Been there twice now bowel 4 years ago then Liver and chemo last year so good on ya mate
JT

OODIES
31-12-2012, 09:10 AM
1st look at my poster, Laser copy only, not the finished product.

OODIES
17-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Well we managed to hit our 1st $1,000 on the weekend, so at this point we have roughly (loose money in buckets to be counted) $1,400 in the kitty, a long way to go yet to reach the goal of $10,000 but we are heading in the right direction.
The wonderful "Wilson Fishing" family have advertised my fund-raiser on thier web page, check it out: http://www.wilsonfishing.com
How goog is that, for getting the cause a heap of exposure.
Guys if you can help in any way please let me know, as well as donations of money, I will be chasing donations of prizes that can be used in raffles/auctions ect.
I am just the face on the poster, it is going to take the support of business and the general community to make this work and keep us heading towards a cancer free world.

CHEERS
Dave (BINGO)