PDA

View Full Version : Suntag continuing....

Lucky_Phill
19-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Suntag back on track again

In News 190 it was reported that the new LNP Qld government had cut
funding to Suntag as part of its budget cuts. It is pleasing to report that
the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry John McVeigh has
approved partial funding of $24,500 to ensure that Suntag continues.
We
have also received funding support from ANSAQ, Platypus, BarraDave
Sportfishing Services, QGCLNG, Rockhampton Regional Council through
Captag, Gladstone Sportfishing Club, Bundaberg Sportfishing Club,
Brisbane Sportfishing Club and Lake Borumba Fish Stocking Group.
As
well a number of taggers have paid for their tags. This has enabled
Suntag to get back to close to a normal level of service but we will
continue to try for corporate sponsorship to fill the remaining funding gap.

We would like to thank everyone that provided support to Suntag over the
past few months. The level of support was overwhelming. In recognition
of that we would like to assure the fishing community that we will continue
to provide an ever improving world class service.
To that end I would like to introduce you to our latest staff member. Stefan Sawynok has provided all the technological firepower behind Suntag and has moved to Brisbane
to take up a greater role with Infofish Australia.

Bill Sawynok.

If you would like to know more or get on their mailing list:_

www.info-fish.net (http://www.info-fish.net)

cheers LP

rayken1938
19-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I got the same email this morning.
The LNP mob have some strange thinking .
They make a great song and dance with useless media releases that only rehash old news and vague promises and are strangely silent when they do something positive.
Maybe they do not wish to admit that they made a mistake in the first instance.
Or I may be just a negative thinking labor hack and not a concerned thinking fisho.
Cheers
Ray

Mike Delisser
19-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I got the same email this morning.
The LNP mob have some strange thinking .
They make a great song and dance with useless media releases that only rehash old news and vague promises and are strangely silent when they do something positive.
Maybe they do not wish to admit that they made a mistake in the first instance.
Or I may be just a negative thinking labor hack and not a concerned thinking fisho.
Cheers
Ray

I don't know if removing 100% of the funding then returning only 60% is a positive.
A big thankyou to all the businesses and people who stepped up to fill the void.

Mark Robinson MP
21-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Glad to see Suntag up and going again, particularly considering the financial mess the minister for fisheries inherited from the previous government. Opportunities for non-govt investment to partner govt to deliver more ...

PinHead
21-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Glad to see Suntag up and going again, particularly considering the financial mess the minister for fisheries inherited from the previous government. Opportunities for non-govt investment to partner govt to deliver more ...

Do you really think we are that stupid.? non- govt investment = piss poor Govt..a mob that cannot provide basics to the community without seeking outside help. It appears to me, from your statement that the Mcveigh bloke could not sort out a blonde from a brunette in a house of ill repute. Don't give us crap about previous Govt..your mob has brought down a budget since then and it is obvious the treasurer has stuffed that up also..something about a 2 bill black hole in his figures. Reality is = I would not give the treasurer 5 bucks to go and get me a litre of milk..I bet he went to the Andrew Fraser school of economics..both are / were incompetent oafs.

BUT..hang on..they did release the details of Newman Towers today...who is the idiot that said it would create 1000 construction jobs..my suggestion to that dope is to find out what actually goes on in the construction industry prior to plucking figures from ones butt.

Mark Robinson...it is very obvious why you did not get a portfolio........f you took the time to listen to the general populace you would realise that. Newman is so egotistical it is not funny..he loses support every day..but Newman Towers will be his legacy.

and alas..poor fellow my State..constantly governed by people who really have no idea..never had a real job and never will understand the wants and needs of the general community.

You fail your constituents Mark Robinson as do the vast majority of the Newman Yes people..as did the Bligh yes people.

I can see the conversaton now: Fisheries Minister (trying to big note himself) to treasurer.."we can rip this money from rec anglers, they won't whinge"

treasurer to Fisheries Minsiter (several months on) "Oh Hell, they are whinging, we better throw them some crumbs".

We are not seagulls diving on discarded chips..we are intelligent people. You mob have ripped heaps from rec angling..you have reaped 2 mill from the PUV and now you say how fantastic you are for tossing us some crumbs..I am appalled and insulted by the LNP.

Here is the drill Mark..the Govt of Qld has an obligation to provide services to the people..in all aspects..education, health, safety, roads and recreational activities etc etc etc..at the moment..you fail on all counts. Do the job or get out of the way !!!!!!

Even the police are advising people who are the victims of the bikie gangs not to make complaints about them..you cannot even institute a police service that can provide safety and security.

bluefin59
22-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Once again more garbage from our koala bear Mark Robinson M.P minister for nothing but making promises that you have no say over as the minister for nothing in particular , as a backbench seat warmer I would have thought the least you could do is look after the people that voted for you in your area even though your contribution to the Newman debacle would be insignificant . You promised the world before the last election and YOU as much as Newman have only caused heartache and grief to many public sector workers and your government certainly havn't created a great inviroment for private enterprise to flourish . I certainly wouldn't call you a lier as it seems to offend some on here so let's just say you have been way loose with the truth considering you haven't and most likely never be able to contribute to ours or anyone else's needs from the backbench , thanks for your sudo opinion but really do we need to read more 💨💨💨💩💩💩Thanks for all your contributions to help the rec angler but really ,,, Matt. Oh and Merry Xmas 🙈🙉🙊

PinHead
22-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Phil..I do not appreciate my posts being edited or deleted..it is obvious you are pro LNP..if Mark cannot handle criticism then perhaps he should seek another form of employment. If Mark does not like what I post then Mark can respond in any form he desires..I can handle it.

Reality is..this Govt has sacked many people ith many years experience..shafted rec anglers..there is no defence for this. All Newman is worried about is the bottom line..he cares not for the people of Qld. His only driving force is his ego and his backbenchers either do not have the desire nor the drive to step on his toes. Newman is not some messiah to Qld..he is the opposite at the moment.

Lucky_Phill
22-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Nothing to do with politics..

Mark is just another AF member ( is how I judge the posts ) and should be treated that same as every other member.

If you have something personal to say to him, do it via email or telephone.

cheers

Please keep to the topic.

PinHead
22-12-2012, 05:21 PM
come on Phill..here is Mark's post.."Glad to see Suntag up and going again, particularly considering the financial mess the minister for fisheries inherited from the previous government. Opportunities for non-govt investment to partner govt to deliver more ..."

nothing to do with politics?..I know you better than that. Mark Robinson uses the MP in his sign on name..it is all politics to him. Therefore he must accept the fallout..if he came on here without continually sprouting about LNP drivel then there would not be polotical barbs thrwon at him..it would be the same if an ALP MP or Greens MP were here..you want to use a site to try and better your political ambitions then be prepared to cop the fallout. mark does not send me emails or phone calls about the LNP policies..he puts the posts herer so what is the difference?

I am over it to be honest...we have been shafted..and anyone that cannot see that really needs to get some perspective.

The LNP care nothing about the populace..just some mythical "bottom line"..all a chamber of wankers.

Can someone please, please stand for Govt that really wants to do something for this State and not just want TO inflate their own pathetic lil ego ???

ALP over the past many years..DISMAL FAILURE

LNP so far..FAILURE.. dismal will follow unless something changes very rapidly.

PinHead
22-12-2012, 05:30 PM
you win Phill..nothing to do with politics..Mark's post should then read...."Glad to see Suntag up and going again"

no more political posts from me.

Lucky_Phill
22-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Really ?

It is simple.

Any member can debate a topic, offer opinions, offer advice and more, but as per the rules when that everyone agreed to, you cannot call other members names, be offensive to them, bully them etc etc....

Editing posts that have derogatory remarks in them is what I do for ALL members. Usually members find themselves having a holiday for insulting remarks etc to other members.

I do find it funny though, that in all posts by AUSFISH member Mark, he has never once singled out any other Ausfish member for personal insults or derogatory comments, unlike what he has copped. I also find it funny that members cannot debate the issues....... that is, play the ball.... not the man !

Here is not the place to throw the insults about, by all means debate the issues, offer the opinions and more...........

Maybe people should call their MP or AUSFISH member, Mark and arrange a meeting, over coffee if you like. Advise them of your grievences and sit face to face with the person you expect miracles from.......

I won't go on repeating the rules etc, but, to everyone..... it is fair to say " people in glass houses "..............

The topic subject is news from Suntag. They seem happy enough that they can continue their work, albiet, not under ideal conditions, but from what I can gather by their news release, they undertsand what is giong on under the current Govt's policy direction and budgetory restrictions. Good on them I say, not having a whinge, just getting on with " business ".

Of course we all would like to see PERFECT Policies in place and unlimited budgets to fund every conceivable piece of research or activity for recreational anglers, but guess what.... ?

It ain't happening and only what has been in the LNP policy announcements / releases will be delivered.....( I hope ) .

Suntag operations in CQ are well known and respected and are world class / world leading and should be afforded the respect it deserves by this and any other Government.

We, as recreational anglers, IMO and on average, do not... put back...... into the system we take from. Putting back can be as simple as joining in the ANSA / Suntag tagging program.

There are many other ways to " put back ", but are we pro-active in this and what percentage of rec anglers are ???

I have found, over the years, the best way to " put back " is engage with the people that have the power to make good changes, to make the decisions, to fund ideas and provide opportunities to allow us to " put back ". My idea of engaging is to sit down, around a table and discuss ideas, ask questions and if need be, challenge the information or info gathering systems.

I look at this way.

Would you rather someone throws rocks at you because you don't see eye to eye over an issue, or would you rather sit down and discuss / debate it ? The reason I ask this, is what is the outcome you desire over the issue ? If you are simply content is aggravating the other person, throw the rocks.... but if you really want to be productive, resolve the issue or get a chance for them to see your point of view..... try a discussion.

I have met many an Ausfisher and there are many different political views , fishing views, religous views, social views and much much more, but the common thread with these people is their ability to " discuss " the matters , the issues or the problems.

Yes, I do have ANSA membership and YES, I do tag fish....... just in case anyone was wondering. I don't expect every rec fisher to participate in tagging, fishcare, research, polls, catch diaries, frame donations, protests, emailing ministers etc etc....... I simply expect a little respect to be swonw to those that do anything that will enhance the recreational fishing experience for me, my kids, my friends & family.

Suntag....... Info-Fish have a great deal of information available to the fishing public and seriously, is worth while popping onto the site and having a gander in respect of what goes on behind the scenes. Bill Sawynok is held in high esteem by many a Fisheries scientist, manager & fisher and his work no doubt is world class, and being done on a shoe string budget, so maybe it is worthwhile picking up the phone and calling your local MP and telling them that ,( if nothing else ) ........ " Suntag / Info-Fish needs Government support "....... there ya go.... you have just " put back "....

LP

Mark Robinson MP
22-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Do you really think we are that stupid.? non- govt investment = piss poor Govt..a mob that cannot provide basics to the community without seeking outside help. It appears to me, from your statement that the Mcveigh bloke could not sort out a blonde from a brunette in a house of ill repute. Don't give us crap about previous Govt..your mob has brought down a budget since then and it is obvious the treasurer has stuffed that up also..something about a 2 bill black hole in his figures. Reality is = I would not give the treasurer 5 bucks to go and get me a litre of milk..I bet he went to the Andrew Fraser school of economics..both are / were incompetent oafs.

BUT..hang on..they did release the details of Newman Towers today...who is the idiot that said it would create 1000 construction jobs..my suggestion to that dope is to find out what actually goes on in the construction industry prior to plucking figures from ones butt.

Mark Robinson...it is very obvious why you did not get a portfolio........f you took the time to listen to the general populace you would realise that. Newman is so egotistical it is not funny..he loses support every day..but Newman Towers will be his legacy.

and alas..poor fellow my State..constantly governed by people who really have no idea..never had a real job and never will understand the wants and needs of the general community.

You fail your constituents Mark Robinson as do the vast majority of the Newman Yes people..as did the Bligh yes people.

I can see the conversaton now: Fisheries Minister (trying to big note himself) to treasurer.."we can rip this money from rec anglers, they won't whinge"

treasurer to Fisheries Minsiter (several months on) "Oh Hell, they are whinging, we better throw them some crumbs".

We are not seagulls diving on discarded chips..we are intelligent people. You mob have ripped heaps from rec angling..you have reaped 2 mill from the PUV and now you say how fantastic you are for tossing us some crumbs..I am appalled and insulted by the LNP.

Here is the drill Mark..the Govt of Qld has an obligation to provide services to the people..in all aspects..education, health, safety, roads and recreational activities etc etc etc..at the moment..you fail on all counts. Do the job or get out of the way !!!!!!

Even the police are advising people who are the victims of the bikie gangs not to make complaints about them..you cannot even institute a police service that can provide safety and security.

For those who want to make personal criticisms, that is up to you, it is not a problem to me. If it was I would have moved on from AUSFISH many criticisms ago. But I respect that administrators may want a higher standard of debate that is less personal. I know some people do get turned off AUSFISH when a small number of members get so personal. Let me assure you, there is nothing that you can say that will push me out, unless I decide I want to. On the other hand, I have taken constructive criticism on board and many comments since I became a member have been useful to my own broader awareness of fishing issues. On probably a final note before Christmas, can I wish every AUSFISHER a blessed Christmas and happy new year. Hope you can get out fishing over the Summer as I am hoping to. I am also working on other fishing stuff for the new year.

Steeler
23-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Want to express your opinions and thoughts to the LNP PH then find someone in the party who actually has a say. Don't forget Mark is just a backbencher these days so really just there to make up the numbers.

Need to go higher up the food chain !!!!!!.

Cheers

PinHead
24-12-2012, 07:19 PM
For those who want to make personal criticisms, that is up to you, it is not a problem to me. If it was I would have moved on from AUSFISH many criticisms ago. But I respect that administrators may want a higher standard of debate that is less personal. I know some people do get turned off AUSFISH when a small number of members get so personal. Let me assure you, there is nothing that you can say that will push me out, unless I decide I want to. On the other hand, I have taken constructive criticism on board and many comments since I became a member have been useful to my own broader awareness of fishing issues. On probably a final note before Christmas, can I wish every AUSFISHER a blessed Christmas and happy new year. Hope you can get out fishing over the Summer as I am hoping to. I am also working on other fishing stuff for the new year.

I would agree with that..here are some from your number 1 cheer leader...

"I spent 2.5 years there as a State Manager. I would happily release rabies in the place. With the exception of Blaze and Family, the people are eggs.

You know Finga, initially I think your ranting elicited a fair bit of sympathy and respect. Now, from my perspective at least, it's just pissing people off.

And picking on people? Please, this is a chat board. Pretty tough place Mate, I learned that early on. If you can't take it, don't play, huh?

Let's be clear. I want the prick to suffer. I want them to experience their own private hell."

did ya lke the highlighted one ?

I make no apologies..the previous Govt was terrible but the stench of hypocrisy, job cuts and nepotism emanating from George St at the moment is putrid and all associated carry that stench.

Dont worry Mark..I have requested I be removed from this site.

You only joined this site to push your own and the LNP agenda..nothing to do with rec fishing at all. I reckon you should be paying for advertising.

Now Phill..please remove me as I requested in the pm.

Steeler
24-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Don't take it so personal PH, Mark like most MP's state and federal are opportinists, its how they get through there chosen political path.

There will always be the followers slow to learn, but hey at least Timi got one thing correct in that Mark being a back bencher now is responsible for nothing both past and present and into the forseeable ( did i spell that right ?. ) future.

In actual fact Mark is probably sitting up the back minding his own business in the hope Can Do self implodes just as Can Do done to Marks aspirations of being a minister.

Mike Delisser
25-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I do find it funny though, that in all posts by AUSFISH member Mark, he has never once singled out any other Ausfish member for personal insults or derogatory comments, unlike what he has copped. I also find it funny that members cannot debate the issues....... that is, play the ball.... not the man !
MP Mark doesn't debate, he has continued to ignore the all big questions put to him. Never once? you must not have read all of his posts then Phill. Anyway Mark normally has no need to single out other Ausfish members for personal insults or derogatory comments, Timmi does that for him. (And I must have missed the bit where you swung into action to defend those Ausfish members on the end of Timmi's comments)

Maybe people should call their MP or AUSFISH member, Mark and arrange a meeting, over coffee if you like. Advise them of your grievences and sit face to face with the person you expect miracles from.......
Last time I was face to face with MP Mark he shook my hand, looked me in the eye, and said as soon as the LNP are elected we'll be using 1 rod in some Moreton Bay green zones. He either lied to my face, or was making promises he knew he couldn't guarantee and had no right to make. No miracles expected.......just the truth.

The topic subject is news from Suntag. They seem happy enough that they can continue their work, albiet, not under ideal conditions, but from what I can gather by their news release, they undertsand what is giong on under the current Govt's policy direction and budgetory restrictions. Good on them I say, not having a whinge, just getting on with " business ".
I'd love to know how you can you make those assumptions from Bill's press release. "They seem happy enough? They understand what is giong on under the current Govt's policy direction?" all from that press release, please explain Phill because I can't see any of that in the press release at all. Perhaps you should pick up the phone and talk to Bill himself and hear about the battle he's having.

Of course we all would like to see PERFECT Policies in place and unlimited budgets to fund every conceivable piece of research or activity for recreational anglers, but guess what.... ?
LP
Not one of the rec-fishing projects or rec-fishing volunteer groups who were closed down or had their budgets slashed by the "Angler Friendly" LNP were ever on, or asked for a unlimited budget. Also I think we've given up on your "PERFECT Policy" for recreational anglers, and would gladly settle for any Recreational Angling Policy from the LNP.........11 months now and still waiting.