PDA

View Full Version : its sold

tropicrows
18-12-2012, 09:13 PM
It's official, just sold my boat.
Going to a good home in S.A. gets on a truck after Xmas. So now I'm on the market for another boat, going to be a tinnie but that's all I know at this stage.

Tangles
18-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey Bruce, saw you returning from Raby Bay on the weekend, whoever bought this got a great boat! credit to you with the rebuild.... look forward to seeing what you end up with..

PS.. just dont go with the tinnie dome tent option like Netmaker unless its tiki:D

wags on the water
19-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Nice little xmas bonus Bruce. Make sure your next boat has grey carpet.

Cheers.

Lucky_Phill
19-12-2012, 06:30 AM
IF Muddy comes back empty handed from 1770 later this week, there may be a big ass glass boat for sale ?? 8-)

LP

murf
19-12-2012, 06:41 AM
you put a lot of blood sweat and tears into that boat so you would be sad to see it go

but a tinny like 2IC??? will make you happy haha

cheers Murf

tropicrows
19-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I have 2 options
1) get a smaller boat so it's easier to get in and out of my driveway.
2) move to another house and get a bigger boat.

At this stage it's option 1.

I have no idea what I'm going to get. I didn't expect to sell my boat so quickly, I didn't even get around to advertise it for sale. I told my brother in Adelaide, he told his son and the next thing I had this guy ring me up and say he wanted to buy it.

LittleSkipper
19-12-2012, 09:43 AM
It's official, just sold my boat.
Going to a good home in S.A. gets on a truck after Xmas. So now I'm on the market for another boat, going to be a tinnie but that's all I know at this stage.

Why go Tinnie when you could go Poly? Alot more comfortable and alot more quite than a tinnie.

tropicrows
19-12-2012, 09:45 AM
That's a thought, had not considered that option.

lucee81
19-12-2012, 11:15 AM
you could always buy mine.....

tropicrows
20-12-2012, 06:13 PM
The guy who purchased my boat. Has got it on a back load with a removal truck. However its going to,be towed down 2150 km. Hope it gets there in one piece.

tropicrows
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
The boat left my place late Friday arvo, and I got a txt message early Sunday morning form Simon saying "my new boat has arrived at Adelaide".
At 9 am Simon sent me this photo showing of his new boat.

Alli my partner has put the hard word on me, get out there and buy another boat.

Captain Seaweed
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Well done, sad to see it go Bruce, you had a lot of heart in that boat and did a great job rebuilding it. I would often see you in the bay sitting the with Ali and I would think how proud you must be. It looked great and had a lot of great work put into it. Sad to see it go but also excited for your next one!

Cheers
Marty

PS I would go for option 2, the house is holding you back!!! :)

liltuffy
07-01-2013, 05:19 PM
There is a really nice V-Sea for sale in the classifieds section. :D

Craig

Carry
07-01-2013, 10:57 PM
G'day Bruce,

Sad to see the rig go I bet mate. But now I see you with a new house and a flash new Riptide!! Billy would have been in your ear wouldn't he? No point being the richest bloke in the grave yard!! Go on you know you want to!! Just do it.

Cheers

Luke

tropicrows
08-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Hmmmm a Riptide now their's a thought. I wish.

tropicrows
08-01-2013, 11:52 AM
G'day Bruce,

Sad to see the rig go I bet mate. But now I see you with a new house and a flash new Riptide!! Billy would have been in your ear wouldn't he? No point being the richest bloke in the grave yard!! Go on you know you want to!! Just do it.

Cheers

Luke

Been thinking Luke, yours should be setup now and have all the bugs out, interested in selling lol.

Grand_Marlin
08-01-2013, 11:53 AM
There are a couple of nice 50ft Maritimo's on Boatpoint :)

tropicrows
08-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks Pete, I'll keep that in mind for when I win lotto on Sat.

Carry
08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Been thinking Luke, yours should be setup now and have all the bugs out, interested in selling lol.

If I sold it after putting all that time into it the mrs would sack me!! Divorce was close during the whole ordeal. Maybe that might not be a bad thing? At least I would be able to fish more!! lol