PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got some room to park a large boat at Hervey Bay and also Roslyn Bay/Yeppon?

EdBerg
17-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys, After our first failed trip up to the Keppel's this year for our 25th anniversary (due to a faulty Power control unit), we are having a second go, we are heading up on holidays to Hervey Bay on March 1st for a week to stay at a resort and then off to Roslyn Bay for two weeks boating, the resort where we are staying has no facility for storing our size boat or any boat for that matter, (the boat is 8M long), so looking for someone who has a large yard/property/acreage where we could leave it for that week as I don't want to drive back home to pick it up and then go back up to Roslyn Bay, this way we can just continue north from Hervey Bay.

At Roslyn Bay I will be putting it in the water and spending two weeks around the Keppel's, so would like to store the Jeep and trailer somewhere for that duration. I wasn't impressed with "Secure Parking" at Roslyn Bay when I was there last, as they required the key to be left for the Jeep so they can move it around as often as they like. I got cheezed off with them as I only found out about that condition when we lobbed up there in the evening and by then it was too late to make alternative arrangements.

So if anyone on this forum has the room at either place, where I can park them where they won't be in the way and not too visible, please PM me with details and a phone number and we can work out some payment if suitable. Thanks.

Cheers.

Ed.

Schulzy
17-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey mate if ya could have got ya boat into my yard no dramas but I struggle to get my boat in there but there is lockable storage facility and dry docks at the marina I don't have a contact but a google search should get you a number there is 2 there if some one steels ya gear at least u will see on video who stole it

Rominus
17-12-2012, 11:53 PM
There is a very large caravan storage area as you go into town, opposite the ninkenbah (sp?) markets. My parents park their fifth wheeler there. Rates are very reasonable... Maybe worth a look

EdBerg
18-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks Rominus, gave them a call this morning and organized the stay at Hervey Bay, so now that just leaves a place at Roslyn Bay to look for.

Regards

Ed.

murf
18-12-2012, 08:54 AM
JTPython might be able to help re the car/trailer at Roslyn Bay

JT??

cheers Murf

murf
18-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I gave JT a TXT and he recons something could be worked out, it seems JT likes slimies and 40kg was mentioned ???? don't know what he is on about haha

cheers Murf

jtpython
18-12-2012, 10:19 AM
HAHAHA Thanks Murf I'm on Acreage and have a dog and about 23 km from harbour mate give me a text and sort ya out a mobile.
JT

Si
18-12-2012, 10:45 AM
There is a high walled, gated and secure boat and trailer parking available. Its just a walk from the ramp at urangan. You cant see into the premises at all which is really good. Thats where i parked my boat trailer when i took my boat down the sandy strait and camped down there for a week. It used to be part of the break free resort i believe but i think thats changed. Try this number 4125 4554. You may have to ring it a couple of times.

CT
19-12-2012, 08:03 PM
If JT gets booked out I'm also at Yeppoon with an acre, a fence and a big ass dog.

Would you be interested in leaving the boat here year round????? I wouldn't use it...much!

Cheers
Craig

EdBerg
19-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys,

Shulzy, I tried to find that place you mentioned but no luck, although I did ring a repair yard there but they wouldn't do it, not sure if they were the same one that you were referring to.

Si, I have already booked a spot at that place up at Nikenbah, it was $70 for undercover parking, so Hervey Bay is organized. I will keep the one you mentioned in mind for future reference though for another trip up there later on.

Still haven't worked out where at Rosslyn Bay, although JTPyhon and CT said they have the room, I will contact them next week (thanks guys), as I have been helping my missus organize a new car, so been concentrating on that, it is almost finalized and hopefully she should get it before this weekend or at least before X'mas, after that I can get back to holiday planning.

Ideally I would like to get a place as close as possible to Rosslyn Bay Harbour as once we put the boat in I will need to drop the Jeep and the trailer off and then make my way back to the harbour and the same on the return, although I am not sure if that is possible as the closer to the harbour the smaller the properties become. Last time we were there, the missus and I were actually contemplating about moving up there in a few years time, it's a nice place.

Thanks Craig (LOL), but I would use it more here as it's 15 minute from the water as against 6 hours to get to and from Hervey Bay each time.

Cheers

Ed.

Schulzy
19-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry couldn't help mate but you could try the caravan storage place

jtpython
19-12-2012, 09:18 PM
No worries i work 7 / 7 can drop and pick up if suits times mate