PDA

View Full Version : Makocraft 610 Island Cab 2009 with 130 Etec

pnp005
17-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi all...looking at purchasing the above boat, has anyone had any experience with this boat. Looking to use off shore, coastal fishing and taking she who must obeyed a run in the local lake. At times will be launching and retrieving on my own. Also has an redco drive on trailer.
Thanks

morphias
18-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi all...looking at purchasing the above boat, has anyone had any experience with this boat. Looking to use off shore, coastal fishing and taking she who must obeyed a run in the local lake. At times will be launching and retrieving on my own. Also has an redco drive on trailer.
Thanks

Hey mate,

Took one for a water test when I was looking at buying one last year. Handled great in the slop and very stable at rest due to the self flooding ballast.

I felt the 130HP on the boat I tested was a little on the light side in terms of power though - it was fine with two blokes and 50% fuel and not loaded up for a big day out. A prop change might make a difference, but I would go with a 150 myself.

BoatPoint did a review on the 650 and they pretty impressed.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/reviews/2009/centre-console/mako/makocraft-650-island-cab-14493

Couldn't come to an agreement on price with the guy selling it, so I passed.

Hope this helps...

Ben. :)

Spiderpig
19-12-2012, 06:28 AM
I had a 610 cruiser cab for 4-5 years and was happy with it. It took a flogging and was good for what it was. It's still a tinny though.

Mine had a 150 merc EFI 2S and was probably overpowered if anything. I would imagine the 130 would be well suited. It was also extremely stable at rest.