PDA

View Full Version : I just remembered

wayno60
17-12-2012, 06:53 AM
why i dont go fishing during the day on the weekends... every man and his dog (in rossco's case CAT) were out yesterday....just sux.

rant ova

Lucky_Phill
17-12-2012, 06:54 AM
note to self.

summer + school holidays + good weather + weekend = STAY AT HOME !!!!!!!!

LP

kingcray
17-12-2012, 07:03 AM
note to self.

LP

summer + school holidays + good weather + weekend = Wait til 12.30pm, grab sixer, pull up chair at ramp and enjoy the show.

gaz066
17-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Starting to sound a bit elitist fellas , I am not sure anyone has a god given right to have the waterways and ramps to themselves on any day after all some people dont get to fish mid week , I am one of the fortunate ones that do and generally get out 3 times a week or so and I would like to think I am very adept at handlng my boat , do I get frustrated on weekends and busy days ( like Raby Bay yesterday ) sure , just have to pull your head in and take it on the chin

summer + school holidays + good weather + weekend = DONT GO TO POPULAR SPOTS IF YOUR NOT TOLERANT !!!!!!!!

MudRiverDan
17-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't go fishing in the daytime much, did few hours the other day and came home looking like a cooked prawn.

Dan

Luc
17-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Easy way to avoid the weekend crows at the ramp especially at this time of year

1. Launch 2am, back at ramp and on the way home by 630am. Gets too bloody hot to start a fishing session after 630am!!
2. Launch 5pm, back at ramp around 10 / 11 pm. No crowds at ramp or on the water, temp very pleasant!!

WalrusLike
17-12-2012, 08:41 AM
As a weekday worker with a family I have to go out on weekends and summer holidays.

To be honest fellas... if you have the luxury of avoiding me then please do.

:)

fat-buoy
17-12-2012, 09:16 AM
haha good one Walrus.... I am in the same boat as you with nearly all of my fishing of a weekend... probs best avoid me too as I am in the wrong spot :) I haven't caught a decent fish for ages lol

Qlder1
17-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I wish I had seen this post before yesterday... left harbour at 2AM no probs, did OK so decided to come in early, got back into harbour at 10.30AM, big mistake, jetskis everywhere, boats loading and unloading and a 10+knot northerly.

Got a bit distracted dropping deckie onto pontoon and took a chip out of gelcoat just above tow hook....:'(:'(

anyone know a good fibreglasser in Rocky??

wayno60
17-12-2012, 11:19 AM

yep thats what ill be doing.

It wasnt the boat ramp part of things, more, the dare i say it, Jet ski's, rubber duckies with monster motors on them doing wheel stands, so i guess in this case it would be prop stands?!?!?!?! and people that dont know what the big 6 on the poles in the middle of the river are for or mean.....Id love to be an under cover cop up the nerang river on a sunday...

finga
17-12-2012, 04:00 PM
why i dont go fishing during the day on the weekends... every man and his dog (in rossco's case CAT) were out yesterday....just sux.
rant ova
I would have gladly swapped ya.
I was sanding veranda posts.