PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' like a lucky man

Funchy
16-12-2012, 07:03 PM
So I got a Xmas bonus this year and had saved a little of my monthly allowance and had a $7500 budget. Many iterations, ideas, ummming ahhhhhing, deciding, undeciding then altering on my strategy

So I picked up tinny of ol mate from here on Ausfish with a reasonably new 30hp yam my, 4.1m Clarke with a watersnake leccy. Gonna put an ipilot 55lb with 54in shaft Min Kota version 2 on it (picked one up for $1,780, bloody bargain, if ya want details pm me)

Went out today and got my boat liscence. I had never steered, driven a boat other that the yak in my life. I learnt a heap. By no means an expert let alone a competent mariner but feel a lot safer on the water now after the course.

So, tomorrow I will have a fish off the yak, come home, clean up, get my license issued and get ready for my 1st shot at having a run in my own boat. I have a mate coming along to make sure I am safe along with others on the water...... Very exciting times for me indeed.

:thumbsup:

TREVELLY
16-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Wishing you lots of safe and happy fishing days on water the mate.

Enjoy!! :beer:

Funchy
16-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Wishing you lots of safe and happy fishing days on water the mate.

Enjoy!! :beer:

Cheers Trev, and I hope all is going well for you and yours too mate especially for your amazingly vibrant and strong young man.

Merry xmas

Agrav8_and_Lulu
16-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Great to hear Funchy and congrats. Here's a tip, just remember the bung mate.
Happy fishin

Daz

TREVELLY
16-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks mate,

I send PM as I do not want to hijack your joyful post into a hospital thread ;D

Our boy had first lung operation on 28th then second this Thursday on 13th and he seems to have recovered pretty quickly after each one which is amazing considering they literally are cutting away segments of his lung - he lost about 10% of each lung.

I have been in hospital with him and just got home, so now his mum will be with him till he is released hopefully Tuesday.

He will get Christmas at home and then start radiation and chemo on 27th Dec.

We hope to have our boy back to "normal" early next year and will continue his life with a maintenance program and pray this cruel disease never returns.

He is very strong and recovers way faster than any other kids around him at any age. Hard to believe he was being cut up to remove lung and tumours Thursday arvo then today not long off oxygen and morphine here I am in the playground pushing him on the swing - got to love his spirit.

Sorry mate I was going to PM this but it is too good a news not to share - hope you understand ;)

Funchy
16-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks mate,

I send PM as I do not want to hijack your joyful post into a hospital thread ;D

Our boy had first lung operation on 28th then second this Thursday on 13th and he seems to have recovered pretty quickly after each one which is amazing considering they literally are cutting away segments of his lung - he lost about 10% of each lung.

I have been in hospital with him and just got home, so now his mum will be with him till he is released hopefully Tuesday.

He will get Christmas at home and then start radiation and chemo on 27th Dec.

We hope to have our boy back to "normal" early next year and will continue his life with a maintenance program and pray this cruel disease never returns.

He is very strong and recovers way faster than any other kids around him at any age. Hard to believe he was being cut up to remove lung and tumours Thursday arvo then today not long off oxygen and morphine here I am in the playground pushing him on the swing - got to love his spirit.

Sorry mate I was going to PM this but it is too good a news not to share - hope you understand ;)

Mate, I am honored you decided to announce this great news here. So very happy to hear this mate!!!!!!

alleycat
16-12-2012, 09:02 PM
You can call yourself a skipper after you have hit your first sandbank, dont worry mate we all polish the prop at some point, happy boating funchy.

WalrusLike
16-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Two good news items then. I am very happy for both of you.

You both are set to have a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Funchy the boat thing is so much fun..,, its an endless source of new things to learn. Hope you have a ball.

Gon Fishun
16-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats to both of you. I can see big smiles allround. ;D
Cheers
Bob.

QuinTin
16-12-2012, 10:08 PM
hope all goes well with the new boat/or was it motor anyway congrats on the boat license enjoy and have a merry Xmas and happy new fishing year8-)

Lucky_Phill
17-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Nice work on getting the boat and licence.

If you ever need deckies or another boat to go anywhere with. Ausfish member Mighty Quin ( Barry ) lives almost next door to you. He & son has, Yak, tinnie and 17ft'er. Give him a pm, or ask me for his phone number. OH, he also is a member of the Caloundra Coast Guard. :)

Good News Trev.

cheers LP

kingcray
17-12-2012, 06:29 AM
on ya Funchy.:thumbsup:
Another couple of items ticked off your list. Looking forward to see first report from the tinny

wayno60
17-12-2012, 07:01 AM
well done mate, the waterways will never be the same. So where the happy snaps of the new rig, not that im interested in it , just want to know which boat to steer clear of........ or maybe follow to the secret flatty spots.

you know you wont catch as many fish now. but you'll get to your spots a hell of alot quicker.

cheers

Funchy
17-12-2012, 11:02 AM
well done mate, the waterways will never be the same. So where the happy snaps of the new rig, not that im interested in it , just want to know which boat to steer clear of........ or maybe follow to the secret flatty spots.

you know you wont catch as many fish now. but you'll get to your spots a hell of alot quicker.

cheers

lol, cheers Wayno.

I suspect you are right about not catching as many fish. Particularly at first

Here is a sneak peak at the new to (i-pilot is yet to be mounted) :D

wayno60
17-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Bud,
So how was it ? did you find it stable for walking around in. It would have gone pretty hard with a 30hp on the back.

fisho8
17-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice looking rig there Funchy hope you have a ball in it mate got some money left over to get some more goodies mate.:thumbsup:

Mossy247
17-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Let me know when your coming to mud funchy... looking good buddy no flat head will be safe again :-p

Funchy
17-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Bud,
So how was it ? did you find it stable for walking around in. It would have gone pretty hard with a 30hp on the back.

Still havent had it out Wayno, got my liscence done but need to go to main roads to have it "officially" I may not get to test run it till after xmas :(

Funchy
17-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Cheers Mossy, we will get there eventually mate. :D

Tx Fisho, I went for a little older tub so i could have some of the kitted out stuff. If I had gone with a newer rig I would have had to wait another year to be able to add stuff.

finga
17-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Great to hear Funchy and congrats. Here's a tip, just remember the bung mate.
Happy fishin

Daz
Wacky doo hey. What a corker.
Congratulations in getting your first boat.
Another tip......don't forget to unscrew the breather on the fuel tank when your on the water.

pipifin
17-12-2012, 05:21 PM
If you are out over Chrissy, give me a hoy mate... I find the Bells Creek ramp best for solo launching/retrieving.
Will be out as often as I can from 22nd Dec.
If you see a black jeep patriot with a red nose and antlers, with the rustiest piece of $hyte trailer attached parked at the ramp, I'm not too far away in a 3.7 tinny with a trusty 20hp on the back.
See you on the water mate.

Tony

Goodoo haven
17-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Good on ya Funchy. Way to go.

Funchy
17-12-2012, 09:08 PM
If you are out over Chrissy, give me a hoy mate... I find the Bells Creek ramp best for solo launching/retrieving.
Will be out as often as I can from 22nd Dec.
If you see a black jeep patriot with a red nose and antlers, with the rustiest piece of $hyte trailer attached parked at the ramp, I'm not too far away in a 3.7 tinny with a trusty 20hp on the back.
See you on the water mate.

Tony

Cheers mate, I been meaning to catch up with you for about 12 months. Best idea though would be.... I will locate you, anchor up and then you approach me. Lest you like T bone hahahahahaa ... Just kidding, hope to see you out there mate.

Funchy
17-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Cheers Doug, merry Xmas mate :thumbsup:

Goodoo haven
18-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you and your's.

Chas & Clarry
20-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Fantastic news Funchy

The boat looks great, can't wait for those reports to start coming through. You'll love the i-pilot.

ENJOY
Tim and Trace