PDA

View Full Version : Fire at Horizon Shores Storage Shed!

Argle
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/fire-crews-battle-blaze-to-save-230-boats-at-marina-20121210-2b59v.html

Bad news for people who have boats stored in here:o:'(:'(:'(

Hope those affected are insured adequately to cover their loss.

Fire dept did a good job to stop the fire spreading right through!!

Cheers

cormorant
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah I wonder if it is covered under the sheds insurance or a tradies insurance if they started it or if owners will have to do individual claims on their own insurance. Down here they wern't offering a very large discount for rack storage even with all the security and O though that was pretty lame. Maybe the insurers knew the risks a lot better.

Fire damaged boats are one thing but water damage to others and also smoke damage is a real mongrel to get rid of.

Pretty sad for boat owners and the business to have to deal with so close to Chrissy and it being summer and all.

Noelm
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
that is a good question, do you leave your boat at these places at your own risk?? never really thought about it much, seeing as I have never needed to store my boat anywhere.

AnthonyL
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Recently a friends boat broke down there and he asked could he pay to store the boat there overnight. They said that he could but he had to have a copy of his boat insurance with him for them to see.\, so they obviously make sure everyone there is insured which is good.

PinHead
11-12-2012, 03:07 PM
you have to have the boat insured at Horizon Shores..whether in storage or in wet berths..at time off annual lease renewal you have to show proof of insurance. Any mishaps are your problem..they take no responsibility...same as any storage facility for anything.

TheRealAndy
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
You would be lucky to find a marina that does not require insurance.

Noelm
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
OK, fair enough I guess, a tragedy none the less.