PDA

View Full Version : boat trailers sunshine coast

maru222
10-12-2012, 09:03 PM
just bought a southwind sr20 .boat and motor very good condition but i think the trailer is stuffed.. structural rust threw the " A frame" need a good trailer second hand or new . boat is 6.5 m long deep V , need multi roller and would be great drive on off . present trailer mackey 7.4 m

were do they measure the trailer from LOA or ball to last beam ?

present trailer could be recued but would be in the hard basket

thanks people love the forum

regards dave

Noelm
11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
they do not "measure" a trailer as such, simply because there is so many variables, trailer are just sold to suit a range of boats, say from 5-6M or 4-4.5 and so on. best option would be to go to a reputable dealer in your area and ask fro a price on a trailer to suit what you have., be sure they do not give you a "cheap" quote by downsizing what you really need.

maru222
13-12-2012, 07:05 PM
i would like to thank the guys at Northcoast Marine Warana for their great help.
Iwas ringing around crazy trying to find a trailer in "one day" as i was flying back to the Moranbah mine the next morning and returning just on xmas {no hope of getting a trailer for my new love then!
they took a trailer from one of their new boats and put it under mine with all the ajustments (80% ) in 3 hrs .Launching both boats at Pt Cartwright.

well done, thank you very much

regards david