PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Sailfish Cats Recovered

Back In Black
09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Ash from Webbe Marine just gave me an update on the boats stolen from the Sydney Boat Show. The 1st boat was recovered about 2 weeks after the show, with the 2nd being recovered about 6 weeks ago. One of them was spotted by an off duty cop at a residential address & the other spotted by a customer at a business address.
Both boats were returned in good condition, apart from one having the radio removed & being covered in finger print dust.
He wanted to thank Aushfisher's as well for putting it out there as well.
Tony

Noelm
10-12-2012, 04:57 AM
two boats were stolen from one of my local dealers a week or so ago, wonder if they will ever see them again? wonder if it would be worth getting the details and posting on here? never know, someone may see them somewhere hey!

STUIE63
10-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Put the details up Noel someone might see them the more eyes looking the better. I hate thieving scum

finga
10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
You'd have to be really dumb to steal a Sailfish Cat.
There are not that many of them around and each one is as individual as you and I. I mean they're not exactly 3.7m Stessl Edgetrackers are they.
It was only a matter of time for them to be recovered.
Lets just hope the offenders get what they deserve and not a slap on the wrist.

Back In Black
10-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Finga, Juna & I were discussing this yesterday. Its not like a Quintrex or a Haines where there are literally thousands out there & most people wouldn't look twice, but a Sailfish Cat?? Just proves you don't need a high IQ to be a boat thief. You are right, hope they get the book thrown at them.
Tony

NAGG
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Finga, Juna & I were discussing this yesterday. Its not like a Quintrex or a Haines where there are literally thousands out there & most people wouldn't look twice, but a Sailfish Cat?? Just proves you don't need a high IQ to be a boat thief. You are right, hope they get the book thrown at them.
Tony

A mate has a sailfish & it is amazing to see how many owners actually know each other ........ either that or they strike up a conversation quick smart .
& yes they are quite individual in set up ...... so any new one seen around quickly comes to the attention of those interested .

A good result in the end ..........

Chris

cormorant
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Saddest part is the person in posession possibly paid good money, did all the checks and now has a big problem of no boat, no money and possible in posession of stolen goods .

We all call the thieves dumb but they have probably onsold them and got the cash months ago. Yeah they increased their risk of getting caught sooner by the style of boat but that may have been smart or dumb depending on if it was a "steal to order" or just a opportunistic theft. Pretty organised opportunistic theft to have a capable tow vehicle ready and know teh way it worked at then end of a show and to happen to get 2 boats from the same stand? Lucky, organised or inside job??? don't know but glad they have caught one and at least have both boats back as not a lot are recovered.

Thanks for the update

deckie
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Great stuff. Tx for the feedback too.
If they got one bloke they should hopefully get any others too.
Pricks.

Smithy
11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
As per Cormorant's post above, were the people in possession the theives or had they bought them do you know?

myusernam
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
know someone with a boatshop and they had a boat stolen while they were open! (boat alongside business - new quinny parked alongside with other boats) can you imagine the hyde of the theif to reverse up to a boat, couple it up and then drive away right outside the business its from?. Utterly amazing.

Back In Black
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
As per Cormorant's post above, were the people in possession the theives or had they bought them do you know?

Smithy,
Ash said the cops aren't saying much as its an ongoing investigation, but reading between the lines, he believes they were not on sold & the guys caught were the thieves.
Tony

cormorant
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Smithy,
Ash said the cops aren't saying much as its an ongoing investigation, but reading between the lines, he believes they were not on sold & the guys caught were the thieves.
Tony

You dream about that don't ya. Hope that is the case and they get seriously done. Maybe they were that stupid or realised they couldn't sell it or use it.

finga
12-12-2012, 05:53 AM
You dream about that don't ya. Hope that is the case and they get seriously done. Maybe they were that stupid or realised they couldn't sell it or use it.
If I was to buy a boat like that I'd be asking questions like why is a brand new boat for sale for one.
If I was to buy a boat worth that much I'd be doing rev's checks and every other check I could find.
If I were to buy a boat of that calibre I'd be having a yarn to the builders to maybe find out why the brand new boat was been sold.
If i were to buy a boat of that calibre I'd be having a yarn to the builders to find out specifics. The thieves would probably know didly squat about specifics unless they had a few brains....or were told.
If I were to buy a boat like that I'd be getting a computer put on the motors to see what has happened to them and maybe that's why the brand new boat is for sale.
If I were to buy a boat like that I would have been doing a lot of research. I mean they're not $3,500 specials you get to pick out of the line-up leaning along the security fence are they? Research would have led me to the boat show exhibits and the fact a couple have been stolen.

People are not that dumb are they? Would people pay out that much money with out doing their homework?