PDA

View Full Version : Good fishing spots between Burleigh Heads to Melbourne

etiennevt
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi,

Came across this site while doing a Google search, heaps of great stuff so I joined as a premium member, my first post.

My son and I will be picking up a new boat from Burleigh Heads (QLD) in 2 weeks time, we are hoping to do a bit a fishing on the way home. Can anyone suggest some good spots to fish, the boat is a Stessl Seahawk 610 so will need reasonable ramp access, also looking for safe waters nothing too extreme.

Don't mind traveling out of our way a little bit if the fishing is worthwhile,

Thinking about the following so far, I've never fished any of them so have no idea what they are like:

Lake Macquarie
St Georges Basin

Thanks,

Etienne.

gunna
06-12-2012, 05:49 PM
First stop would be out of the Tweed. Plenty good fishing out there.

honda900
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Bawley Point, south of Ulladulla, right tide and weather, nice place..

Regards
HONd.

finga
06-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Forget Evans Head. It was fished out years ago.
Tweed, then Brunswick, Ballina, Iluka, Yamba, Brooms Head etc etc.
Basically any town along the coast is a good place to stop. All except Evans Head that is of course.

Mind you though. In 2 weeks every town along the coast will be chaos with holiday makers.

thelump
07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
South west rocks NSW. They usually get a good run of Cobia and little blacks around xmas time. Crowdy Head as well easy launch into harbour then straight into ocean. No real bar to worry about.

Horse
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Yamba or Iluka on the Clarence is well worth a visit

etiennevt
10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Thank you one and all for your suggestions it's much appreciated. From the responses there are obviously many spots we can go to, your suggestions have given me some good ideas and is a good start.

Noelm
10-12-2012, 11:17 AM
If you want easy and safe, then have a look at Shellharbour or Kiama (just south of Wollongong) good ramp, no bar and reasonable fishing this time of year, St Georges Basin fishes extremly well, but a 6+M boat is probably a bit of an over kill! I guess in a way, there is just too many "possibles" so just pick a few at the sort of distances you think you will be travelling in a day, and make that your fishing location.