PDA

View Full Version : Changes to NSW Lifejacket Rules

Boat Hog
06-12-2012, 05:24 PM
The recent (2010) marine safety rules in NSW have been fine tuned so it is simpler for people to understand when the law requires them to wear a lifejacket. The changes are minor in nature to the 2010 overhaul and a full list is detailed here: http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/changes-maritime-safety-rules

With the new changes, the law now requires lifejackets to be worn:

by children less than 12 years old at all times when aboard a vessel less than 4.8 metres long and when aboard a vessel less than 8 metres long which is underway
by all occupants of a vessel less than 4.8 metres long between sunset and sunrise, in open or alpine waters, when boating alone or when aboard a tender more than 200 metres from shore
by anyone being towed, including waterskiing, wakeboarding or parasailing and those being towed on tubes, sea biscuits or similar towable devices
by anyone aboard a canoe or kayak when more than 100 metres from shore or on open or white water
by a person kitesurfing alone more than 400 metres from shore
when in an off-the-beach sailing vessel in open waters
in certain situations of heightened risk including, but not limited to bad weather and crossing bars
by anyone at any time directed by the skipper
Safe boating everyone;

Cheers,

Jarrah Jack
06-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Looks like its getting closer to the Vic nannyism Hoggy. I won't elaborate on the Vic rules until the M&G. Don't want to put you off or anything like that.:D

Boat Hog
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Looks like its getting closer to the Vic nannyism Hoggy. I won't elaborate on the Vic rules until the M&G. Don't want to put you off or anything like that.:D

Compulsory snapper racks and Sarca anchor you mean?!!

deckie
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS IF THE BATTERY IN YOUR WATERPROOF TORCH IS FLAT !!

Got to be close to anarchy time down in mexico.

Jarrah Jack
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Compulsory snapper racks and Sarca anchor you mean?!!

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS IF THE BATTERY IN YOUR WATERPROOF TORCH IS FLAT !!

Got to be close to anarchy time down in mexico.

Careful there you cockroaches.:)