PDA

View Full Version : Good old what's it worth post

krazyfisher
02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
So i am just looking at some option and would be good to get some feedback on the value of my boat

Hooker side console 5mtr 2006
75hp mercy 2/s 2006
Redco trailer 2011 perfect
Baitmate board
Live tank
10" hds radios etc

New price today for the same thing would be about $40k so its in good condition 6ish years old

What would I get for it

Thanks in advance

Qlder1
02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Well if you use Boatsales.com and boatpoint etc as a guide it should be worth 50K ;D;D

Seriously its hard to work out how much boats are worth these days, but location has a bit to do with it.

krazyfisher
02-12-2012, 12:17 PM
That is my problem I can't find one for sale, only new ones.
As for area its in mackay

FisHard
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Maybe mid-high $20s?

PixieAU
02-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I've spent past 2 months looking at 5.0 to 5.8m tinnies with 90 to 115HP, 4-stroke and 2-stroke, centre consoles and bow riders. Haven't seen many side consoles, they came out a little later than the year of boat/motor which I've been looking at. These are my observations:

Service history, if you have it, would be worth $1k more, maybe $2k for regular servicing. Amazing ho wmany people don't keep records and these are as valuable, if not more, as on a car;
2-stroke is worth $2k less than equivalent in 4-stroke;
Less than 150hrs on the motor is worth $1k more;
Perfect trailer worth $1k more assuming it is braked trailer;
Remote location seems to be worth $1k - $2k less. You'd likely get a better price in Brisbane;
75hp on 5.0m tinnie seems to be lower end of power/weight ratio but as a 2-stroke still OK;
There's a heap of 5m tinnies on the market which are around the same age;
Pre-sale inspection report from reputable dealer or mechanic worth $1k more. I would consider this a great investment, the number of boats I have been put off because I couldn't be stuffed (and likely the seller as well) organising an inspection;
Based on dealers and private and assuming it is as good as you say, I'd put it around (don't hammer me for this, these are just my observations) Dealer:$30k-$32k and Private:$27k-$29k. For that you'd also be including GPS/Sounder, radio, safety gear etc.

Comes down to how quickly you want to sell it.

Camhawk88
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I reckon no more than 22-23k if you want to move it, maybe be prepared to take 20k or less. Lot of people out of the job in Mackay atm therefor a lot of boats being sold and fewer people buying them. Probably worth more than that but the market is unlikely to pay more.

Mate recently sold his Haines Sig 575 with 135 2 stk similar vintage- maybe 04-05 for 18k. Now he and the buyer both knew it was worth more- a lot more, but fact was it sat there for 3 months at 28k then another 6 months at 24k and no serious enquiries. This bloke had 18 k to spend and so after a couple more months my mate took the 18 cos he had to get rid of it. My point is you wont get for a boat , what it is worth or what you would like unless you get really lucky. If you can hold onto it- that would probably be your best move.

krazyfisher
03-12-2012, 05:26 PM
good feedback from all I am very close to selling and think I would put $23-24 on it and look at offers.

camhawk88...I know a few people are out of a job but it is not boily's or welders they are still have to find.

Camhawk88
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Yep some skills and trades will always be in demand but when people loose jobs there is usually a glut of toys like boats, bikes and cars that drop the market. Good luck with the sale. I think you have a good realistic start point- no point going too low too early, you never know your luck.