PDA

View Full Version : barracuda boat trailers (for a sharkcat) Any barracuda trailer owners at all? PM ME

CATchin'Em
29-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Have done all my quotes etc for a new sharkcat trailer.
Most companies clearly make too much money cause they couldn't be bothered to quote for the job.
transtyle trailers 10.5k (2.5t) aluminium bolted together with stainless bolts???(I beam chassis and Rubber torsion axles, american kodiak brake system but what about corrosion issues stainless/aluminium)???
7.5k for barracuda boat trailers 3T glv steel(cheapest set of brakes and brakeaway(aussie), import chinese frame and maybe components(parrallel bearings) and he won't upgrade anything at all for anyone!!!!!).
9.9K gold coast trailers galv steel?? probably quality trailer and components
about 5 more all $10kish

Any reviews on barracuda trailers would be appreciated!!!

Any trailer builders on here want a go at quoting for it?

cost for me to make about 2 maybe 4 days and 4 cartons for offsider.
$2k for steel and cutting board for slides and guides.
$2k for welder, gas, dropsaw and blades.
$3k for axles brakes etc.(full stainless calipers and rotors, sensabrake breakaway)
Then probably about $1.5k to galv it

Can you see my dilemma??? Really super simple trailer to make.
and myself making it is no probs at all really

ozynorts
29-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Did you try getting a quote to import an alloy one from the states?
Ozy

Spiderpig
29-11-2012, 08:16 PM
transtyle trailers 10.5k (2.5t) aluminium bolted together with stainless bolts???(I beam chassis and Rubber torsion axles, american kodiak brake system but what about corrosion issues stainless/aluminium)???

I wouldn't worry about it, this is how most the yank ally trailers are put together.

I have an ally i beam trailer with full kodiak stainless brakes under my KC and wouldn't go back to gal.

Your more than welcome to have a look at mine if your still considering ally.

wrxhoon
29-11-2012, 10:18 PM
The ally tariler will outlast any Gal trailer never mind a Chinese one.
I have a Yank I beam tailer under my Grady White , I had one under my Trophy, never any probs.
If you are fussy like me , take the time to remove all the bolts and use some duralac and you will never have any galvanic reaction.

CATchin'Em
08-12-2012, 05:45 AM
bump it up

Mister
08-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Brakes are the least of the problem, welded alloy will outlast 4 gal trailers twice over with the one proviso that you don't want to tow to the Gulf evey year. The only other proviso is good alloy welders are hard to come by.