PDA

View Full Version : Our Taxpayer Dollars At Work

Back In Black
29-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Not sure where to post this, hence general fishing chat. I am a nurseryman & have been for 35 years, supplying Bunnings stores from Cairns to Canberra, & have employed hundreds of people over the years. My attitude to work is, no work, no pay, hence the hundreds of ex employees. You either work your ring off, or someone else will & they will get your job.
I had a classic example here today of why our country is going down the tubes.
We had 2 ladies here from Biosecurity Qld testing some stock for "Potato Spindle Tuber Viroid" (PSTV)
They had to take samples from 54 plants, & when I mean take samples, physically cut a section of the plant off & bag & label it.
For each plant, they had to change disposable gloves & clean the pruners with bleach. They ran out of gloves & bleach so had to leave & find a Woolies to get new supplies.
This took 2 ladies from 10am to 3pm, a job we would have had done in 20 minutes max, one person. I had to walk away from them & bite my tongue, as I'm thinking this is my tax dollars being wasted!!
Hate to think how much work will be involved in testing 54 samples in a lab. Should carry them through to the New Year the rate these ones worked.
They would absolutely die working in small enterprise. I am classified as a production nursery, as we physically produce the plants. I keep reminding my guys, slow production = no hours
We seem to be top heavy with govt, management & overly regulated, & it is us, the workers, that are paying for these clowns & I personally resent it.
Ah, that feels better!!
Tony

Crunchy
29-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Dont get me started Tony, ..like the time no less than 8 WHS turned up at our joint to conduct an investigation........we only employ 9 people! Two could have done the investigation easily ...in fact several of them just stood in the the car park all friggin day.

Or the the number of Qld govt "xyz Managers" that seem to perpetually attend conferences - mostly their own....most Qld Govt sponsered conferecnes I have been to half the bloody people attending are themselves. I have a big stack of Govt contact business cards on my desk that whenever I see it I just thik waste waste waste....they always introduce themselves "Oh we are here to help you...." Oh yeh great to know....how come I never hear back from buggers then, too busy attending the next conference I guess!

Or the women who came for a job recently from Qld Govt clean out, "It was great, I only really had to do one days work a week"....yep, prolly not going to cut it in the real world then...."Um OK we'll be in touch...."

Your right, that does feel better.....(Appologies to any Govt workers who actually do work hard and dont just waste our tax money.... both of you)

PinHead
29-11-2012, 05:11 PM
wait till you have to deal with the Fair Work Ombudsman...that is a giggle..all the "evidence" they have to acquire and recite certain pieces of legislation and then give you the wrong information. Then another knob comes along and says you are in the wrong 'cos you acted on the incorrect information given by their office originally. I wonder why he looked at me the way he did when i told him to f off.

Si
29-11-2012, 06:07 PM
are your workers allowed to look at Ausfish?

PinHead
29-11-2012, 06:10 PM
are your workers allowed to look at Ausfish?

I don't have any anymore..not since Rudd's ridiculous Modern awards came into being and I finally worked out the crap involved in them. Just me now..YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to think most people thought work choices was bad..perhaps they should fully read and understand the modern awards pertaining to them.

cdcfish
30-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Could not agree more. This is something that a lot of people find hard to believe, If you make things to hard for the employer (increasing benifits to the employee beyond fees-ability) there will be less and less employers out there. Which in turn will will affect the emploees. Its simple no business = no jobs

cdcfish
30-11-2012, 07:46 AM
not that i dont think that employees dont deserve to be looked after by the way

BREAMBOSS01
30-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I recently got sacked unfairly from my apprenticeship, as I was being treated poorly by my boss so I reported him to the apprenticeship board. They told me I don't have to take the bullying and that they can find me another employer.. So they put him through the ringer resulting in me being sacked.. You know what none of the government agencies give a rats about it, I tried fair work, the apprenticeship board and even wph&s for workplace harassment.. They all say call this department or that department passing the buck

So that has left me with no job, no support and trying to live on ~$200/fortnight as i am not classed as unemployed but an out of trade apprentice. While the boat people who come illegally into the country are getting ~$400/fortnight, I don't see how this country will turn out when the people who want to work seem to get penalised while the lazy dole bludgers etc just keep receiving government handouts..

Zippidy
30-11-2012, 01:34 PM
The "boat people" work for the $400/fn.

BREAMBOSS01
30-11-2012, 06:28 PM
The "boat people" work for the $400/fn.

What do these boat people work for? They go on hunger strikes and destroy their detention centres that our tax dollars pay for.. I do not like being on centrelink payments as I believe you have to work for your money, even as an apprentice I worked as hard if not harder for my $7.20/hour as the trades on $35-40/hour.. But it has kept me off the streets and I am great full for it until I can find a employment..

It is the dole bludgers who have never had a job in their life and do not intend on getting a job in their life and can easily get there payments every fortnight to buy there smokes and alcohol while I have to sit on the phone for an hour or more and plead for my $200/ fortnight..

I am an Australian citizen and I think it's pathetic that the Australian government help the boat people get jobs and give employers incentive to employ them.. While a hardworking Australian citizen can't even get a look in from the government agencies...

That is where your tax dollars are being wasted...

PinHead
30-11-2012, 07:08 PM
1. the boat people are not illegal immigrants. Most illegal immigrants to this country arrive by plane.
2. No asylum seeker in a detention centre is eligible for any payments.
3. You are correct about the dole bludgers..no employer wants people with their attitude sothey will stay unemployed.
4. The Govt needs to look at other payout recipients..single parents and disability pension ...lotsthere that can work but choose to stay on bnefits.

Whilst waiting for a continuation of your apprenticeship..why do not something like work at Maccas or a supermarket etc.

Why were you sacked unfairly?

BREAMBOSS01
30-11-2012, 07:20 PM
1. the boat people are not illegal immigrants. Most illegal immigrants to this country arrive by plane.
2. No asylum seeker in a detention centre is eligible for any payments.
3. You are correct about the dole bludgers..no employer wants people with their attitude sothey will stay unemployed.
4. The Govt needs to look at other payout recipients..single parents and disability pension ...lotsthere that can work but choose to stay on bnefits.

Whilst waiting for a continuation of your apprenticeship..why do not something like work at Maccas or a supermarket etc.

Why were you sacked unfairly?

Believe me, I have applied to near on every fast food joint in my town.. Most places don't like employing anyone over 18 as they have to pay to high a wage..

It's a pretty long story of being sacked but ill try be brief, I was working in a ceiling space when a beam gave way and down I went through the ceiling.( Who hasnt?). Boss tried to make me do callouts for a month as punishment meaning I could not leave town to visit my ill grandmother.. I reported him to apprenticeship board, wph&s , who went through him. And found I was being paid incorrectly and working in unsafe conditions. He got the shits and came up with a bunch of rubbish and sacked me. There was nothing I could do...

PinHead
30-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Believe me, I have applied to near on every fast food joint in my town.. Most places don't like employing anyone over 18 as they have to pay to high a wage..

It's a pretty long story of being sacked but ill try be brief, I was working in a ceiling space when a beam gave way and down I went through the ceiling.( Who hasnt?). Boss tried to make me do callouts for a month as punishment meaning I could not leave town to visit my ill grandmother.. I reported him to apprenticeship board, wph&s , who went through him. And found I was being paid incorrectly and working in unsafe conditions. He got the shits and came up with a bunch of rubbish and sacked me. There was nothing I could do...

thankfully never been through one.

kind_cir
01-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Boat people, employees, people recieving benifits, employers. There are bad in all groups, and there are good.
I prefer to put all people into 2 groups regardless of their lable.

#######s, and non #######s

Back In Black
01-12-2012, 06:36 AM
not that i dont think that employees dont deserve to be looked after by the way

From a boss' perspective, it pays to look after your staff. The cost of retraining, hiring & firing, & the associated risks that come with it are huge. A business is only as good as its staff, & I have great workers. Juna & I work side by side with them, leading by example, & I do believe that is why we have great people, as we lead by example & won't ask them to do anything we wouldn't (not that we shouldn't be able to though)
Brad, I am different from many employers in that I only employ older people. My youngest staff member is 30, but the majority are in the 40's & 50's. The reason is they have 20-30 years work experience behind them, they usually have a mortgage so they have to work, but they are also of a different vintage & attitude to the younger ones today who believe that just by turning up for work, or attending, is enough to earn a pay packet. The drop off in work ethic from even 10 years ago, let alone 25, is staggering. We have become a "benefit" based country where hand outs are the norm. I was brought up with "no work, no food" & I really like my tucker, so I learnt really early to work like a dog.
I tell my guys very openly they will never lose their job with me. All they have to do is make themselves indispensable to the boss, so I can't do without them. We employ about 10-12 people, & I need everyone of them. They all start at least 10 minutes early every day & never leave until the job is done. These are the sort of things that will keep you a job.
Putting your boss into the apprenticeship board & WHS was never going to be a career move for you. I don't know the circumstances, apart from your side, but I have learnt from experience there are 2 sides to every story, & it is amazing just how different they can be at times.
Tony

PatricsOnTheCoast
01-12-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm a super market manager (department only) The laws have become so ridiculously strict since the new government came in... We just work with it, but I can see why so many small businesses (dyslexia kicking in.. is that the right word o.O?) are finding it so hard.. My liability has sky rocketed, and I'm the unlucky one who has had 3 work cover cases in 2 years... one lasting 2 years...
Mostly though... for me it has become a very strict work for your money or the person willing to work harder for it will. I go went through many employees until I built my current team, and I think now the team must be whispering into all new employees ears about, work harder or say goodbye because I virtually don't have to any more.

I would also like to note... I have never kept a doll bludger long enough to pass probation... try as I might to instil good work ethics.. laziness always seems to prevail.

Back In Black
01-12-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm a super market manager (department only) The laws have become so ridiculously strict since the new government came in... We just work with it, but I can see why so many small businesses (dyslexia kicking in.. is that the right word o.O?) are finding it so hard.. My liability has sky rocketed, and I'm the unlucky one who has had 3 work cover cases in 2 years... one lasting 2 years...
Mostly though... for me it has become a very strict work for your money or the person willing to work harder for it will. I go went through many employees until I built my current team, and I think now the team must be whispering into all new employees ears about, work harder or say goodbye because I virtually don't have to any more.

I would also like to note... I have never kept a doll bludger long enough to pass probation... try as I might to instil good work ethics.. laziness always seems to prevail.

Similar situation here. Juna thinks I am too hard at times, but I openly tell all my staff that when I put on a new staff member, if that person is better than my worst one, I will sack the worst one & hire the new one. This method, as hard as it may seem to many, mainly employees I would imagine, constantly raises the bar & the result is I end up with a great crew. My staff ride the new people to pick up the pace, or wave goodbye to a new job. The reason is, they work so hard, they don't want anyone on their team that they have to carry. It takes a long time to get to this point, but when you do, you get the best possible crew.
Tony

Feral
01-12-2012, 06:55 AM
You blokes (except back in black) sound like the "who's who of who not to work for".
Dodgy businesses that "arc up" when they get inspected, go through "lots of bludger employees" and whine about how its all the governments fault that they dont know how to recruit the correct staff or treat them right if they actually do manage to fluke getting a suitable employee.

Probably do a lot of "new" work in the business as well, not quite as many repeat customers as most businesses........

PinHead
01-12-2012, 08:01 AM
You blokes (except back in black) sound like the "who's who of who not to work for".
Dodgy businesses that "arc up" when they get inspected, go through "lots of bludger employees" and whine about how its all the governments fault that they dont know how to recruit the correct staff or treat them right if they actually do manage to fluke getting a suitable employee.

Probably do a lot of "new" work in the business as well, not quite as many repeat customers as most businesses........

yeah right...put a bloke on..was son in law at the time/. Gave him an apprenticeship..he could not seem to pass the exams..7 long years..and me pleading with the Dept to continue the apprenticeship..only to see him start taking damn near every Monday off..then add tuesdays etc etc..got stuck into the grog and drugs. Then a week off without a phone call to notify me of anything. Try completing projects witrh liquidated damages involved when one employee does not have the decency to even give you a phone call. Then he takes a week off without notice..deserted his employment...so end of his job. THEN he contacts FWO and claims he was unfairly dismissed. Not likely. After that I will never employ anyone again..subbies only. If I don't like their work or their ethics..gone.

as for new work..nope..been sub contracting to the same mob for 10 years now.

BREAMBOSS01
01-12-2012, 09:07 AM
From a boss' perspective, it pays to look after your staff. The cost of retraining, hiring & firing, & the associated risks that come with it are huge. A business is only as good as its staff, & I have great workers. Juna & I work side by side with them, leading by example, & I do believe that is why we have great people, as we lead by example & won't ask them to do anything we wouldn't (not that we shouldn't be able to though)
Brad, I am different from many employers in that I only employ older people. My youngest staff member is 30, but the majority are in the 40's & 50's. The reason is they have 20-30 years work experience behind them, they usually have a mortgage so they have to work, but they are also of a different vintage & attitude to the younger ones today who believe that just by turning up for work, or attending, is enough to earn a pay packet. The drop off in work ethic from even 10 years ago, let alone 25, is staggering. We have become a "benefit" based country where hand outs are the norm. I was brought up with "no work, no food" & I really like my tucker, so I learnt really early to work like a dog.
I tell my guys very openly they will never lose their job with me. All they have to do is make themselves indispensable to the boss, so I can't do without them. We employ about 10-12 people, & I need everyone of them. They all start at least 10 minutes early every day & never leave until the job is done. These are the sort of things that will keep you a job.
Putting your boss into the apprenticeship board & WHS was never going to be a career move for you. I don't know the circumstances, apart from your side, but I have learnt from experience there are 2 sides to every story, & it is amazing just how different they can be at times.
Tony

I understand how it may look, the apprentice got sacked and making a big deal out of it.. This is not the case, I had no option but to seek advice from the apprenticeship board ( that is what they are there for). The way I was being treated by my employer I would not wish that on anyone, I was told by the apprenticeship board to report the case to workplace health and safety due to risk of asbestos and working in unsafe conditions.

However I might add that he sacked another apprentice at the start of the year saying he didn't have enough work only to hire another tradesman and when questioned on this his answer was oh well I had my first apprenticeship cancelled get over it... He has a grudge against apprentices..

But believe what you want I know I have done nothing wrong and it is his loss that he has lost a hardworking employer...

MudRiverDan
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Not sure where to post this, hence general fishing chat. I am a nurseryman & have been for 35 years, supplying Bunnings stores from Cairns to Canberra, & have employed hundreds of people over the years. My attitude to work is, no work, no pay, hence the hundreds of ex employees. You either work your ring off, or someone else will & they will get your job.
I had a classic example here today of why our country is going down the tubes.
We had 2 ladies here from Biosecurity Qld testing some stock for "Potato Spindle Tuber Viroid" (PSTV)
They had to take samples from 54 plants, & when I mean take samples, physically cut a section of the plant off & bag & label it.
For each plant, they had to change disposable gloves & clean the pruners with bleach. They ran out of gloves & bleach so had to leave & find a Woolies to get new supplies.
This took 2 ladies from 10am to 3pm, a job we would have had done in 20 minutes max, one person. I had to walk away from them & bite my tongue, as I'm thinking this is my tax dollars being wasted!!
Hate to think how much work will be involved in testing 54 samples in a lab. Should carry them through to the New Year the rate these ones worked.
They would absolutely die working in small enterprise. I am classified as a production nursery, as we physically produce the plants. I keep reminding my guys, slow production = no hours
We seem to be top heavy with govt, management & overly regulated, & it is us, the workers, that are paying for these clowns & I personally resent it.
Ah, that feels better!!
Tony

You have obviously never worked in a government department.

But then again the private sector is rife with ''would be if they could be'' and ''ring ins'', that somehow ::) manage to keep their job.

Dan

MudRiverDan
03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I am an Australian citizen and I think it's pathetic that the Australian government help the boat people get jobs and give employers incentive to employ them.. While a hardworking Australian citizen can't even get a look in from the government agencies...

That is where your tax dollars are being wasted...

Believe me mate you don't want their jobs :P

Hopefully someone will pick you up sooner or later.

Dan

MudRiverDan
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I lost two jobs over the last twelve months and I can tell you I can work as hard as the next guy, no ####er carries me unless its a team effort.

Lot of companies these days keep the "best ones", but you will usually find someone in the bosses ear telling who they think is the best ;)

Its not about hard work its about sucking up to the right people, the ones that have their tongue firmly wedged between managements ass cheeks.

Personally I cant bring myself to do it, maybe that is what dad means by "eating crow"...

Dan

wags on the water
03-12-2012, 06:40 PM
In the industry I work in, it's not hard to see who's playing with the dog (site's G rated so I can't use the correct term :-X ). It's not about sucking up to the bosses - if you work hard and do your job, you get offers to work on other projects. If you continue to post on facebook, check messages, play games on iphones or smoke on a non-smoking site....you will get caught out. If you do the wrong thing you only have yourselves to blame....funny thing is they seem to think that a supervisor has it in for them when they're told to pack up and leave....it has nothing to do with race, sex, or religion. Do you job and what you're paid to do and there'll be no problems.

PinHead
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I lost two jobs over the last twelve months and I can tell you I can work as hard as the next guy, no ####er carries me unless its a team effort.

Lot of companies these days keep the "best ones", but you will usually find someone in the bosses ear telling who they think is the best ;)

Its not about hard work its about sucking up to the right people, the ones that have their tongue firmly wedged between managements ass cheeks.

Personally I cant bring myself to do it, maybe that is what dad means by "eating crow"...

Dan

my most hated word in a work environment..with a team the output will soon decrease to match the lowest common deonminator. ie..everyone will only work as hard as the slowest worker. PLUS..when the proverbial hits the fan the "team" takes no responsibility and all duck for cover. Much rather work with a bunch of individuals.

MudRiverDan
03-12-2012, 08:02 PM
my most hated word in a work environment..with a team the output will soon decrease to match the lowest common deonminator. ie..everyone will only work as hard as the slowest worker. PLUS..when the proverbial hits the fan the "team" takes no responsibility and all duck for cover. Much rather work with a bunch of individuals.

Yes but wow, It must just be myself, I got sacked over the folk you speak of.

Yeah and I was branded "not a team player" because I arced up when someone was slouching away in their Iphone chat and wasting time.

I am glad someone has the view of work.

You are so right, at the time, being a team player meant slouching around a lot.
Not saying all workplaces are like this but I have definitely experienced what you say first hand.

Mind you I am not perfect but I am old enough to see stuffing up when I see it.

At this place I worked management did not come out of the office much and they had all these young guys running round each one being a self appointed leading hand, ha you gotta love when everybody assumes they are a leading hand then assumes that their job is to allocate work to everyone while they do nothing, the place was a whole system of self appointed leading hands trying to do as little work as possible.
Problem is if you worked then someone would come and give you orders because they were obviously above work.
You would have 5 guys carrying 15 bludgers.

It seemed management preferred to run the show like this, not sure if they were running the company at a loss on purpose or the lack of any real unity among the workers saved them money by not ever having to address any issues.
Glad I got out really.

Dan

Crunchy
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Dan

Management generally see through sucking up, eventually, it's not a good long term strategy. Attitude is number 1, we've advanced new employees over long termers in an instant when we spot the right attitude...which means don't winge / stir / shirk / undermine / put yourself first the job second etc etc...once proven in return we offer above award wages, safe working environment, welcome employee input into making the working environment better, "extras" for a job well done etc etc....pretty easy really.

Back In Black
03-12-2012, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=MudRiverDan;1439729]You have obviously never worked in a government department.

But then again the private sector is rife with ''would be if they could be'' and ''ring ins'', that somehow ::) manage to keep their job.

You are right Dan, Ive never worked for anyone but myself. Started my business at 15 years of age, have employed hundreds of people in 35 years, & unlike most of those you refer to in the private sector, see right through any"would be if could be's" & "ring ins" in heartbeat. You know how????? Because I work with them, work longer & harder than them, & can pick up whether someone is a genuine contender or a pretender.
Tony

Back In Black
03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=MudRiverDan;1439732]I lost two jobs over the last twelve months and I can tell you I can work as hard as the next guy, no ####er carries me unless its a team effort.

Dan,
You sound bitter, & maybe rightfully so. I can assure you not every business conducts itself like that. Like I said in an earlier post, work your ring out, make yourself indispensable, & you will never lose your job. Thats here anyway.
Tony

Back In Black
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Somehow I mucked up my reply & ended up with some of Dans reply in my post- the bit about "eating crow"
Tony

MudRiverDan
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Can read it ok, yeah we all have our different experience.
I have just had a bad run the last few month, no big deal.
I am sure there are plenty out there that don't fit the bill.

Dan

Goldfinch
03-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I used to employ up to a dozen staff in my business up until 5 years ago. Then I got so sick of the red tape, legislation and employees bulls**t excuses I sacked them all and sub-contracted from there on in. Never had a problem since. They fulfil their obligations on a job by job basis and then adios, not my problem anymore. If they do a crap job I don't re-contract them again, I get someone else. Way less headaches.

You don't want to hear my opinion on public servants.

Back In Black
04-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Dave,
I went down the same pathway about 8 years ago. I put all my workers through a labour hire company with basically a day by day contract. Amazing how all the sickies stopped overnight, as no work, no pay.
Tony

finga
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah and I was branded "not a team player" because I arced up when someone was slouching away in their Iphone chat and wasting time.

I am glad someone has the view of work.

You are so right, at the time, being a team player meant slouching around a lot.
Not saying all workplaces are like this but I have definitely experienced what you say first hand.

Mind you I am not perfect but I am old enough to see stuffing up when I see it.

At this place I worked management did not come out of the office much and they had all these young guys running round each one being a self appointed leading hand, ha you gotta love when everybody assumes they are a leading hand then assumes that their job is to allocate work to everyone while they do nothing, the place was a whole system of self appointed leading hands trying to do as little work as possible.
Problem is if you worked then someone would come and give you orders because they were obviously above work.
You would have 5 guys carrying 15 bludgers.

It seemed management preferred to run the show like this, not sure if they were running the company at a loss on purpose or the lack of any real unity among the workers saved them money by not ever having to address any issues.
Glad I got out really.

Dan
I have to ask......why would you want to work there?

I have never been sacked but then again I've only ever had 3 employers. One at 15, another one at 15-18 and one at 18 to do my apprenticeship.
First one was carrying bread rolls straight out of the oven down 2 flights of steps. I had to quit this job because it was 3 nights a week and my school work was reflecting the nights apparently.
Second one was pumping petrol and cleaning a workshop. I had to quit this one because I got an apprenticeship and had to leave town.
Third was my apprenticeship and I kept on with them for another 6 years.
I've never had a problem with my employers over those few jobs. I went to work, did my job and went home with the boss fully realising if I'm needed after those normal work hours I'm there ready, willing and able.
If the boss said we need a trench. I'd ask from where to where, how deep and where's the maddock and trenching shovel.
Personally I find it easier to get in and do my job then to find a method/reason/excuse to get out of a job. A lot more fulfilling as well.
We had this one bloke at my last place of employment who would expand more energy trying to get out of a job then the energy he would have expanded doing his job. People make you wonder I reckon.
I might be a bit weird but when I went home every day I used to think...what have I accomplished today. Thinking what I've done that day always put a smile on my face.

pescados
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
1. the boat people are not illegal immigrants.

SAY Again !!!!

I must be mistaken thinking that it is legal for people to enter this country with out the appropiate paperwork.
They certainly enter the country illegally.

Camhawk88
04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Pinny is correct pescados. Like it or not, it is perfectly legal to seek asylum and the law agrees that refugees- no matter their mode of transport are not illegal in their actions.

No one has to agree or like this but that is the way it is with the current laws in Australia.

MudRiverDan
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I have to ask......why would you want to work there?

I have never been sacked but then again I've only ever had 3 employers. One at 15, another one at 15-18 and one at 18 to do my apprenticeship.
First one was carrying bread rolls straight out of the oven down 2 flights of steps. I had to quit this job because it was 3 nights a week and my school work was reflecting the nights apparently.
Second one was pumping petrol and cleaning a workshop. I had to quit this one because I got an apprenticeship and had to leave town.
Third was my apprenticeship and I kept on with them for another 6 years.
I've never had a problem with my employers over those few jobs. I went to work, did my job and went home with the boss fully realising if I'm needed after those normal work hours I'm there ready, willing and able.
If the boss said we need a trench. I'd ask from where to where, how deep and where's the maddock and trenching shovel.
Personally I find it easier to get in and do my job then to find a method/reason/excuse to get out of a job. A lot more fulfilling as well.
We had this one bloke at my last place of employment who would expand more energy trying to get out of a job then the energy he would have expanded doing his job. People make you wonder I reckon.
I might be a bit weird but when I went home every day I used to think...what have I accomplished today. Thinking what I've done that day always put a smile on my face.

Pay bills mostly, wasted a lot of time and resources busting myself for them for six months, even knocked back two other job interviews because I had to committed to this one.

Yes it makes me wonder too, can't say I have accomplished much lately and really starting learn that accomplishment is up to yourself, not some would be company that employs you.

But yes bills have to be paid.

Dan