PDA

View Full Version : New Boat.......At last!

ant1971
23-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Got some photos of our new boat we ordered at the boat show in Brisbane.
It looks like it was worth the wait.;D

Should be transported up to me next week, hope the wind eases off for next weekend.;D

I will let you guys know how it runs etc in a couple of weeks fingers crossed, roll on Christmas break.8-)

Drussman
23-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Very jealous. I reckon that will see some serious use. Have fun!!

Todddo
23-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Looks like lots of fun, Will be great to use over the holidays!

Donkeyzmilk
23-11-2012, 08:47 PM
looks the shizzle ,similar setup to mine just newer and fancier :).. happy days ahead congrats

ant1971
23-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks, cant wait to get it in the water! Seems like a long wait since August.

Ant

Fishbait
23-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Congrats. Looks good - now for some mackerel to bleed over the side and bless the boat.

ant1971
23-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Lol, would be great!

wayno60
24-11-2012, 01:32 AM
What size yam did you get on it?

fisho8
24-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Very nice mate those Baysports are selling well up there enjoy your new rig.:)

ant1971
24-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Wayno,
i got a 100 4stroke on it, a 90 2 stroke was standard, but upgraded to the 4 stroke.

Ant

ant1971
24-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey Fisho, yes, there's another lad in Cairns that had one about a month ago, im sure they will cut through the chop we get up here. should get it by the end of next week.....fingers crossed.

Ant

Darren Mc
24-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey ant1971,

Looks great mate. You'll love how quiet the yamaha 4 strokes are and good on fuel too.

I've found with my baysport it rides nicer through a medium chop with a little bit of extra speed rather than at a slower speed, even with the motor trimmed right in.
I'm actually going to have to look at either getting trim tabs or a 4 blade prop or both, so that i can get the bow down more at slower speeds. Could you let me know if you find this also?

Any how, i hope you get your boat soon mate after such a long wait cause i know what it's like hey and best of luck with it and the fishing.
Let us know how she goes and what you think of her and if you find a solution to stop the sea-link trailers from squeaking can you tell me too?

WalrusLike
25-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the completely unofficial Baysport owners club.

Inaugural meeting to be held as soon as we get bored with boating and fishing.... :)

I love mine but it has some quirks as mentioned above. I too am thinking of a foil so I can plane slower and get some more bow down when needed.

It's a great boat though in my opinion. Mainly because its stable and dry and cheap. I think they are strong but the costs have been saved in trim. So I can do that bit by bit as I can afford it. A great compromise in my opinion.

We love it... I hope you do too. My 575 has a 2 stroke 115. I think a 130 would suit it best.

ant1971
25-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Hey mate, im sure i will notice the difference, they said i have to run it in for a while, so will be a ble to try those things you mentioned aftr that. will probably go for little runs out to the local islands first few trips, the arent too far from the coast.
Cant wait now!!

Ant

ant1971
25-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Walrus, you ought to start an official club!! lol

The cost of the boat was a major factor, but being able to chat to the guy who makes them sold it to us. Bisbane Yamaha also said to buy wax for the gelcoat, and polish it once a year, do any of you do that and does it help keep it nice?

Ant

Si
25-11-2012, 09:46 AM
nice boat. enjoy.

Darren Mc
25-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey ant1971,

Yeah it's a really good idea to give it a polish as soon as possible to protect it and keep that nice new shine. It also makes it easier to clean little bits of dried out bait that you'll get around the transom area and on the motor.
I'm not sure if you can get Starbrite product's up there but i've just tried this polish for the first time and it's unreal. It leaves a real slippery feel to the gelcoat and motor surface. It's about $40 for 1 litre. Just be sure to avoid any rubbers and dark plastics with any polish you use.

Also do yourself a huge favour and get some VuPlex for your clears and perspex windscreen. I was blown away how clear they came up and all the little water marks are gone too. And that's after the second time i've used the boat. Clears are better than new and it's easy to use and also leaves a protective coating on them.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=vuplex&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvuplex.com.au%2F&ei=cwCyULHpLYaTiAeDo4DIAg&usg=AFQjCNGZ_IgS3uDH5RwZSG2uPKkqqYWQtg

Another tip is take the motor cowl off and drown the motor and all the screws, nuts and bolts with wd40 or something similar before you take her out for the first time. Also do the little screws inside the cowl itself too. Protect it from the word go hey.

Cheers mate and enjoy it...;D

Darren Mc
25-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey walruslike,

Just curious, what kind of speed in knots at WOT are you getting out you're boat with the 2 stroke 115?

AnthonyL
26-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Got some photos of our new boat we ordered at the boat show in Brisbane.
It looks like it was worth the wait.;D

Should be transported up to me next week, hope the wind eases off for next weekend.;D

I will let you guys know how it runs etc in a couple of weeks fingers crossed, roll on Christmas break.8-)

Good one, enjoy it.... we love ours.

AnthonyL
26-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the completely unofficial Baysport owners club.

Inaugural meeting to be held as soon as we get bored with boating and fishing.... :)

I love mine but it has some quirks as mentioned above. I too am thinking of a foil so I can plane slower and get some more bow down when needed.

It's a great boat though in my opinion. Mainly because its stable and dry and cheap. I think they are strong but the costs have been saved in trim. So I can do that bit by bit as I can afford it. A great compromise in my opinion.

We love it... I hope you do too. My 575 has a 2 stroke 115. I think a 130 would suit it best.

What a club it is huh, I see more and more each time out on the water now.

Were you down at HS yesterday, it looked like your boat going past(on the road) when we were heading down.

WalrusLike
26-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah we left Rudy Maas around 3-4?? (I think....) Shame we didn't see each other on the water.

On smooth water with 3 people and day trip gear did 37 knots at 5800. (From memory... Could be wrong but pretty close to those figures I think)

Happily travels most times around 4400 at 24 knots ish. At 91 hours on motor now.

MEG-A-BITE
26-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Very nice they are a good packaged vessel.