PDA

View Full Version : Terrible conditions today.

darkside
22-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok,it wasn't it was fantastic, was like glass heading over to Moreton. The water was crystal clear and the day was perfect. Everyone behaved at the boatramp, in fact both launching and loading sensible people actualy helped. Spinnaker ramp had a few people but all very civilised and all very good on the ramp.

I even had to do a quick roller change when I launched, put the boat well out of the way, parked the trailer and while I was pulling off the roller a guy came over and asked, "is this your trailer?" to which I replied thanks for 2 things, doing the right thing and being a bit security conscious, and holding the splint pin for me, which he was straight onto. Big thanks "Champion. ""
If the pic works it was the police breath testing on Moreton, the 4wds were lined up like ants.

darkside
22-11-2012, 05:59 PM
The reason for the roller change, I didnt realise the rollers that centre the boat are directional, last week after I changed it at home then launched , the boat was like a dirty shopping trolly with a pirouetting front wheel. Was not doing the change at home so used today as an excuse to go out.

dnej
22-11-2012, 07:52 PM
can you tell me more about directional rollers .
David

cuzzamundi
22-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Beautiful, mate. Is that first pic on the banks near the Pearl? How far into the bay before the water clarity was great? Tough day to be out there, mate. Good stuff. Blew up a bit this arv, though, but still a magic day.

Cuzza

wayno60
22-11-2012, 08:52 PM
86385Not the best pic but as they roll they keep the keel wanting to go to the centre..

finga
23-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Let me do the math. Posted yesterday so that was Thursday and the yesterday of yesterday must have made it a Wednesday.
Most Wednesdays are like that :)
So glad you had to opportunity to enjoy the midweek brilliance matey :)

darkside
23-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Finga it was Thursday, and it was incredible out there, I think Wednesday and Thursdays are usually great days, dropping off to the weekend. David, Wayne posted a great pic, and yes that is the culprit. I checked it before I put it on, put it back down then obviously put it on the wrong way. So as I tried to load the boat the roller would try and spit it off. After turning it around it was perfect. Cuzza, probably only 5ks off Bribie and the water was crystal.