PDA

View Full Version : the great 2012 ausfish shirt rip-off!

netmaker
21-11-2012, 11:52 AM
well, after all the threads i have read on here about internet rip-offs, stoned buddhas and the likes i now have to add my own::).
i think it was back in august i was first duped. shown pictures on this very site of these flash looking shirts embroidered beautifully, strategic pockets and the like and a pretty picture of a kingfisher on the back;D. i was impressed. being a poor tax agent, i ummed and aaahed over whether i should spend my entire years shirt budget of $50;) on the magnificence before me on screen. i couldn't help myself and sent my money to this unscrupulous, faceless internet dealer on here who calls himself "murf";D.
i almost missed the 1770 m&g due to work commitments but the incentive to collect my new shirt made up my mind to drop everything, spend $300 on fuel and go get my shirt;). so as soon as cabby bill pulled in to "murf's" place at 1770 i was off to get my shirt;D.
well, "murf" and some associates were delving through piles of these glorious shirts and allocating them to various members. many had names and team names embroidered on as well. mine was plain and simple, just an xl please (i am a little overweight;)).
waiting, waiting, waiting. the shirt pile is getting smaller and smaller and still no shirt. then the pile completely emptied and still no shirt:'(.
oops. so then this "murf" character tells me not to worry as he will post it to me. no worries says i. well, waiting and then a bit more waiting and one day i get a pm from "murf" requesting postal address with which i complied. a few weeks later and i send "murf" a pm asking if he posted it as i have not yet received. no, sorry mate, been too busy fishing::).
so there you have it people, be wary of internet rip-offs. they are everywhere;).
i hope you are reading this "murf" as i will be looking for you at rooneys - and lookout cos i will have my mate perry with me;). we will be easy to recognize. i will be wearing some bad taste shirt dug out from the back of my robe and you can't miss perry either. picture the fictitious love-child of merv hughes and omar sharif and you will be close:LMAO:
i have been suffering from "wardrobe malfunction" for a little while now and hope that we may come to some less than violent solution in the near future;);D.

tropicrows
21-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Love it Dave, you give it to him.

Mossy247
21-11-2012, 12:48 PM
What happened to the Ausfish one I gave you? Too small? :-p

Lucky_Phill
21-11-2012, 01:00 PM
You do know Dave, that murf is from NSW and they will do ANYTHING to win a State of Origin series.

:LMAO: as if they could ::) :-X ::)

LP

netmaker
21-11-2012, 01:09 PM
What happened to the Ausfish one I gave you? Too small? :-p

naaaa. too big mate. i'm waiting to grow into it;D

Jarrah Jack
21-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I think Murf knows but doesn't want to say it. Those Ausfish shirts would be no good for you. Not loud or sexy enough for such an accomplished model as yourself, Netty.

You need some thing a bit more sophisicated, something where James Bond meets Gilligan springs to mind.

netmaker
21-11-2012, 01:19 PM
You do know Dave, that murf is from NSW and they will do ANYTHING to win a State of Origin series.

:LMAO: as if they could ::) :-X ::)

LP

but its not a maroon shirt or a refs shirt:-? and i think they will do better with the extra home game next year than by keeping my fishing shirt down south. but, if its shirts they want, i may be able to help them out a little...

netmaker
21-11-2012, 01:22 PM
You need some thing a bit more sophisicated, something where James Bond meets Gilligan springs to mind.

cracked me up jack!

fishfeeder
21-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Mate your not the only one waiting on a Shirt...

Funchy
21-11-2012, 01:52 PM
By the thread title I thought you had joined the Chippendales Netty:o:D;D:P

Muddy Toes
21-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Mate your not the only one waiting on a Shirt...

And I thought I was the only one.........

No stress though Murf.........it's all good here buddy.

jtpython
21-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Typical Murf where ever there is Skull Duggary he'll be involved and where ever there is a naked man Boony won t be far behind
:p

Captain Seaweed
21-11-2012, 06:29 PM
and after all this fury.......still no answer.........

MEG-A-BITE
21-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Dave you go get your shirt mate....let Perry do the talking he is a good negotiator

cobiaman
21-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Dave you go get your shirt mate....let Perry do the talking he is a good negotiator

Ask perry how we got our shirts last year...

netmaker
21-11-2012, 07:04 PM

yep. i heard that story already. that's why i thought i might try and put the fear of perry into him;D

Boat Hog
21-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm.... might just pack my old shirts this weekend. Just in case some go 'missing'?! :-X ::) ;D

cobiaman
21-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm.... might just pack my old shirts this weekend. Just in case some go 'missing'?! :-X ::) ;D

You are supplying the 2 cows and the 8 cartons of boags this weekend arent you jim?

Boat Hog
21-11-2012, 07:47 PM
You are supplying the 2 cows and the 8 cartons of boags this weekend arent you jim?

Pretty close ... had to cut down to fit all of Murfs high sugar snacks in and the other stuff he keeps dropping round.

You know, I worked one piece of history out this week. Checked the passenger list of the Titanic and what do you know - a whole clan of Murpheys emmigrating to the USA. I'm pretty damn sure that all their bloody XOS sinkers and giant jugs of homemade moonshine had a bit to do with the loss of the ship. ;D :o

Cheers,

cobiaman
21-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Geez mate, dont worry about murph's stuff, what about the rest of us?

murf
21-11-2012, 07:54 PM
hahaha thats gold ;D

I will give you the shirt off my back mate ;) but not until Sunday when I am finished rubbing bait into it :P its only a Large though and has Murf embroidered on it

I am still trying, poor old Dags is dodging me now every time I walk into the tackle shop asking are they in yet haha I even tried diff colours (pink) but none are big enough for you :-*

I will look into it after I get back from fishing ;) trust me ;D

cheers Murf

PS anyone want a cheap XL shirt?

murf
21-11-2012, 07:58 PM

I still have tears in my eyes from giggling thinking of the look on the deckies face after throwing the shirts in the garden then turning around to see Perry asking for them hahaha

cheers murf

cobiaman
21-11-2012, 07:59 PM
hahaha thats gold ;D

I will give you the shirt off my back mate ;) but not until Sunday when I am finished rubbing bait into it :P its only a Large though and has Murf embroidered on it

I am still trying, poor old Dags is dodging me now every time I walk into the tackle shop asking are they in yet haha I even tried diff colours (pink) but none are big enough for you :-*

cheers Murf

Problem with that is, you fish all year!!!!!

netmaker
21-11-2012, 08:29 PM
hahaha thats gold ;D

cheers Murf

fair nuff mate;). but it may need to be xxl by then;D

finga
22-11-2012, 08:59 AM
I think Murf knows but doesn't want to say it. Those Ausfish shirts would be no good for you. Not loud or sexy enough for such an accomplished model as yourself, Netty.

Is this is the Gilligan your talking about?? ....If so then who needs/wants a bloody shirt???

Chelsea to her mates.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdeWmp_Ewjjbe0HgNv65ckS7J_ZJteC xpyaZ59eh5UvfgZVY9sLfMpd70Z

Jarrah Jack
23-11-2012, 07:50 AM
If Netty looked like that Scott I'd need a lot of tax done.

finga
23-11-2012, 07:03 PM
If Netty looked like that Scott I'd need a lot of tax done.
Somehow I don't think you'd be on your Pat Malone.

murf
11-12-2012, 02:49 PM
WOOO HOOO :) the shirts are back in stock

the bad news is I spent the shirt money on a new 4 blade prop ;D:P

cheers Murf

tropicrows
11-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Good one Murf, that will make you friends lol.

Boat Hog
11-12-2012, 05:08 PM
So no shirt but a new prop. M&G in March next year and Murf has posted up where the boat will be parked ...... can anyone else see where this is heading.

Yep, ...... (or should that be Yep Yep?!) ..... one kidnapped prop held for ransom!

No Shirt = no Prop Murf and Nettie will be wearing your new prop round his neck on a big chain at next years Agnes/1770 M&G. Bling Bling!! ;D :P ::)

shy guys
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
well, after all the threads i have read on here about internet rip-offs, stoned buddhas and the likes i now have to add my own::).
i think it was back in august i was first duped. shown pictures on this very site of these flash looking shirts embroidered beautifully, strategic pockets and the like and a pretty picture of a kingfisher on the back;D. i was impressed. being a poor tax agent, i ummed and aaahed over whether i should spend my entire years shirt budget of $50;) on the magnificence before me on screen. i couldn't help myself and sent my money to this unscrupulous, faceless internet dealer on here who calls himself "murf";D.
i almost missed the 1770 m&g due to work commitments but the incentive to collect my new shirt made up my mind to drop everything, spend $300 on fuel and go get my shirt;). so as soon as cabby bill pulled in to "murf's" place at 1770 i was off to get my shirt;D.
well, "murf" and some associates were delving through piles of these glorious shirts and allocating them to various members. many had names and team names embroidered on as well. mine was plain and simple, just an xl please (i am a little overweight;)).
waiting, waiting, waiting. the shirt pile is getting smaller and smaller and still no shirt. then the pile completely emptied and still no shirt:'(.
oops. so then this "murf" character tells me not to worry as he will post it to me. no worries says i. well, waiting and then a bit more waiting and one day i get a pm from "murf" requesting postal address with which i complied. a few weeks later and i send "murf" a pm asking if he posted it as i have not yet received. no, sorry mate, been too busy fishing::).
so there you have it people, be wary of internet rip-offs. they are everywhere;).
i hope you are reading this "murf" as i will be looking for you at rooneys - and lookout cos i will have my mate perry with me;). we will be easy to recognize. i will be wearing some bad taste shirt dug out from the back of my robe and you can't miss perry either. picture the fictitious love-child of merv hughes and omar sharif and you will be close:LMAO:
i have been suffering from "wardrobe malfunction" for a little while now and hope that we may come to some less than violent solution in the near future;);D.

I to have been done 2 shirts get to the ramp see everyone wearing there shirts :(:( sent msges to Murf but they are on back order still waiting patiently

murf
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I to have been done 2 shirts get to the ramp see everyone wearing there shirts :(:( sent msges to Murf but they are on back order still waiting patiently

they are on their way to the Embroiderers so leave my prop alone :) SWMBO can pick up the bill for the shirts I recon haha

cheers Murf

netmaker
12-12-2012, 08:13 AM

no good sending pm's harry. he is always fishing. i am considering putting "murf, where is my shirt" messages in bottles and depositing in the pacific each time i go fishing;).

daveo17
12-12-2012, 04:20 PM
what a joke after reading through this don't think id buy anything from this site.

Boat Hog
12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
what a joke after reading through this don't think id buy anything from this site.

daveo17 .... it's a bit of a joke (literally) and the shirts weren't sold throught this site.:)

It's just a couple of guys having a jest at Murf (a member who organised the Meet and Greet Shirts) who ran out of/mixed up/lost some of the shirts and then the supplier ran out of stock. ;D

All friendly ribbing and nothing to do with Ausfish or any Official Ausfish Merchandise sold throught this site. 8-)

Cheers,

murf
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM

what Boat Hog said :) nothing to do with Ausfish just friends on Ausfish having some fun ;D

cheers Murf

thelump
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM

I suppose if you weren't there this thread would seem really bad. Now Murph, that prop you said you bought me with the left over money from 1770.........

Jarrah Jack
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Now look what you've done Murf. Disheartened a new member.:'( You were idealistic once before the evil 'shine took hold?? :D;D

netmaker
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
spose it goes to show you chuck enough $hit and some has to stick::). sorry murf. would hate to think my jest has cost you potential future sales:o. well, not so much you (and your flash 4 bladed prop:P) but those poor little chinamen in your sweat shop;D

Dicktracey
12-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Murf I deposited the money in the bank acc # you gave me - needanewprop3678 when will i expect delivery ?

murf
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Murf I deposited the money in the bank acc # you gave me - needanewprop3678 when will i expect delivery ?

next order of shirts is in the new year and Dave (Netmaker) is our new commemorative shirt provider so I will forward your payment as soon as my boat is finished :P;D:-*

cheers Murf

PS no moonshine here, its raining :-?

Muddy Toes
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Now Murph, that prop you said you bought me with the left over money from 1770.........

I think the only person that needed a new prop after 1770 was Murf himself.

daveo17
13-12-2012, 07:23 AM
no worries guys lol very dry sence of humor u got there murf

thelump
13-12-2012, 07:40 AM
spose it goes to show you chuck enough $hit and some has to stick::). sorry murf. would hate to think my jest has cost you potential future sales:o. well, not so much you (and your flash 4 bladed prop:P) but those poor little chinamen in your sweat shop;D

How long has Anthony been working for you Murph?

TREVELLY
13-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey Dave at least I got my stoned Budda ;D

And it didn't steal the shirt off my back ;) although it tried too :guardian: :P

Will take it fishing in about 700m one day around Christmas ;D

Good luck with your shirt YEP YEP :beer:

murf
06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
So Dave

Have you received your shirt yet?

Musta cause you have shut up haha. So where is the fish PB pics with the new shirt on :)

Cheers Murf

Jarrah Jack
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I thought those PB's were a myth like your shirts and fishing ability Murf.

jtpython
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Whats his trailer fixing ability like ??????????????

netmaker
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
hahaha. yes i have received my shirt and luckily i still fit into it. thanks mate it is just right. should i order my 2013 one now just to make sure?:P

Jarrah Jack
06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Whats his trailer fixing ability like ??????????????

Hi JT Murf is a natural trailer fixerupperer. He carried lots of spare food just in case he was stuck on the road for a few days though.

jtpython
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
He s a good boy isn't he
:P
JT

theoldlegend
07-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi JT Murf is a natural trailer fixerupperer. He carried lots of spare food just in case he was stuck on the road for a few days though.

Was that for the towing vehicle or the trailer Terry? Both perhaps?

Jarrah Jack
07-02-2013, 09:52 AM
He s a good boy isn't he
:P
JT

Yep Doing some wiring now. Just caught his first KG whiting this morning, a good session.

[/B]

Was that for the towing vehicle or the trailer Terry? Both perhaps?

Who knows with Murf but he comes prepared for most occasions and problems.

murf
07-02-2013, 11:08 AM

A few tings of the King George variety caught in an hour with JJ :)

Jarrah Jack
07-02-2013, 07:25 PM
A number of PB's for Murf there Netty.........

ozynorts
07-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Nice mate. So JJ is the whiting guru then??

Jarrah Jack
08-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Nice mate. So JJ is the whiting guru then??

Too bloody right matey... ;D...

Boat Hog
08-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Too bloody right matey... ;D...

Well, get cracking Jack ..... I reckon they'll make a decent Red Emperor bait if you butterfly them!!

jtpython
08-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Heads work alright to as a bait
JT