PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boat and Car

trymyluck
20-11-2012, 06:18 AM

Just putting this up, don't know the person but hope it helps.

This car and boat was stolen from near Mackay around the 15th of November and last seen around Gin Gin on Saturday the 17th. They were heading south on the highway.

propdinger
20-11-2012, 08:14 AM
tell the owner to get the cops onto talking to servo's they would have stopped somewhere for fuel or food etc and then they will be on camera (lots of servos i know but worth a try to catch them)

tunaticer
20-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Any disputes attached to this boat or owners??
Would be very game to steal both tow vehicle and BMT and tow it 1000km on open freeways, there are lots of traffic control cameras out there monitoring traffic 24/7 on the majors. This would be a hard boat to rebirth being a custom job.

Spiderpig
20-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I saw this boat heading south on the Bruce Hwy on Sunday. Stood out like dogs balls behind the commodore. I Just let the owner know.

This thing really stood out behind that car!

Lancair
20-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Well done Choc_e, it would certainly stand out being towed by a commodore wagon. Not saying its not up to the job, but not the usual tow vehicle for such a large boat.

The cameras used in NSW for point to point heavy vehicle speed checking, on all major highways, can be programmed to look for a certain rego plate/s and generate an alert to police. Pity they're not used for this as often as they could be.

captain rednut
20-11-2012, 09:23 PM
IM positive i saw it last week on the Bruce highway heading south through caboolture as it stood out being towed by a car also.

Matt_F
22-11-2012, 12:48 AM
I too saw this boat being towed from Hervey bay to Maryborough at about 10 am on Sunday 18th Nov. I only saw it briefley as I was driving the opposite way. Happy to help out if required, send me a pm if you'd like to contact me.

Matt

Giffo65
22-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I too saw this boat and car on Sunday morning south of Maryborough.I remember it as the tow vehicle looked so small for the boat.I hope they catch the mongrels.

marky_83
22-11-2012, 03:09 PM
does this boat have a jet drive? saw something similar in Tarneit Melbourne yesterday.
It was pulled up outside the trash and treasure market in Laverton. was towed by grey F250 with a hardtop work body over the tray.

trymyluck
22-11-2012, 05:58 PM
does this boat have a jet drive? saw something similar in Tarneit Melbourne yesterday.
It was pulled up outside the trash and treasure market in Laverton. was towed by grey F250 with a hardtop work body over the tray.

You would need to ask the owner, I don't personally know them and only put this up for a friend.

Captain Seaweed
22-11-2012, 06:09 PM
there is a point to point set up just north of Bribie, has someone notified the police?
+

Giffo65
22-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I rang the number in the pic and told him of my, and everyone elses sightings.He wanted to know how I knew about the boat, I told him about this post on this site,he was going to have a look on here.Hope it leads to the recovery,I know I would be shattered if my boat got stolen.

Bros
22-11-2012, 08:33 PM
The boat is a diesel inboard boat and it is owned by a bloke in Emerald.

I know some of the dead beats that pinch things are dumb but that size and to be driving down the highway and not expect to be noticed would have to be absurd.

honda900
22-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Nice work there mark, hope they catch the mongrel..

REgards
Honda.