PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Good Insurance Company

Justin3003
18-11-2012, 03:02 PM
hi everyone,

after finding people playing with my trailer at the ramp i am looking at insuring my boat and trailer.

i was wondering if anyone has any recomendations for a company that is any good

NTMID8
18-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Im with club marine and i have to say they have been fantastic! Premiums are reasonable ($250 a yr, 16.5k value) they cover you both in and out of water ( I had a trailer issue whilst towing to ramp, they sent out a tow truck and took the whole rig to a workshop where it was re-welded, i was back on the road in less than 2hrs with no hassles or charges!) there customer service has been excellent. Not everyone will agree but thats my personal experience.

ozskippy
18-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Has anybody had any experience with suncorp?..

dnej
18-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Justin do a search on the subject. There is a large amount of threads been done on the subject. NRMA are agreed value, you decide on the amount of cover, and pay the premiium accordingly. Do the search.
David

dnej
18-11-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?68834-Boat-Insurance-IMPORTANT&highlight=boat+insurance

That will get you started.

Lancair
18-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I have an agreed value policy with Club Marine, $614 yr for 55K. I was expecting the premium to go up when I told them it was kept beside the road, outside a unit block and not behind locked gates at my residence, when I seperated, but it stayed the same. I couldnt find cheaper last time I was due for renewal.

dnej
18-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Just be carefull that Club do both agreed value, and market value policies. Make sure you get the one you want. They are associated with Alliance.

David

NTMID8
18-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Just be carefull that Club do both agreed value, and market value policies. Make sure you get the one you want. They are associated with Alliance.

David

Mine is agreed value, 16.5k.

Chamelion
19-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Im with club marine and i have to say they have been fantastic! Premiums are reasonable ($250 a yr, 16.5k value) they cover you both in and out of water ( I had a trailer issue whilst towing to ramp, they sent out a tow truck and took the whole rig to a workshop where it was re-welded, i was back on the road in less than 2hrs with no hassles or charges!) there customer service has been excellent. Not everyone will agree but thats my personal experience.

Blerg.. I paid $245 or so on a $5800 boat. Mind you, I do have to call as my bow mount electric and lowrance elite 5 were supposed to be ON top of the $5800, not inclusive of it... That said, have had to claim with them in the past and well, I wouldn't have signed up with them again with my new boat if it wasn't a pleasant experience, would I? :)

MEG-A-BITE
19-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Cant go by Club Marine,they also have road side assist now.

Cheech
20-11-2012, 01:54 PM
After club marine honoring the claim for the Shy Guys when they wrote off the boat 2 months ago coming back from 1770 and their insurance had expired a couple of days earlier, I plan on switching to them. Currently with suncorp but never claimed.