PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean 23' Boats

DATCOL
15-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi All Is there any difference between a Caribbean 23' CRUSADER & a Caribbean 23' SEDAN
Or is it the same boat called buy the 2 different names
Has any one on the north side of Brisbane got one of these Caribbeans that i could come & have a look at in the flesh
As i am interested in buying a 23' CRUSADER (I think)
Cheers COL

ozynorts
16-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey Col
Have you got a link to the boat in question?
I had a look at the Jeff Webster mag's and there is no mention of a sedan model. I found 2 on boatpoint that were advertised as sedans but are Crusaders. According to Webster they have 21 degree deadrise and are very stable at rest, especially the stern drive models.
Cheers
Ozy

The Woo
16-11-2012, 03:15 PM
The Crusader IS the sedan. Some folks call them a sedan because being under the hardtop is akin to being in a motor vehicle, a sedan. Because you need to stoop down and be seated to drive.
They're a fine hull, but the layout alone really dates them.

mal555
17-11-2012, 06:32 AM
The Crusader IS the sedan. Some folks call them a sedan because being under the hardtop is akin to being in a motor vehicle, a sedan. Because you need to stoop down and be seated to drive.
They're a fine hull, but the layout alone really dates them.

Once you have stepped down into the saloon from the raised cockpit, the headroom is reasonable in the later model Crusaders ('77 - '84).
The layout is dated but practical, as Caribbean didn't do flash, and just works as a boat to both day fish and weekend on with reasonable comfort without taking up most of the internal cabin space with a separate toilet cubicle, bearing in mind I've never seen a toilet/shower cubicle in a seven metre boat that anyone larger than a jockey would call comfortable.

They are a basic and simple boat to re-model, and with a battery screwdriver and a 3/8 spanner, you can have the whole boat gutted in a couple of hours to fit new vinyl, re-laminate bench-tops and cupboards and paint daggy timber bulkheads to bring them into the new century.

Bull
17-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm on the north side you can pop around and have a look at mine. I've done a few mods

Cheers Brett

DATCOL
17-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys for the replies Much appreciated Cheers COL

mal555
18-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I've done a few mods

Geez Brett, I'd call it more a serious make-over, that's got to be the best renovated Crusader on the planet!

I just flicked through the photo's on your profile page of the boat....10 out of 10, there has been a lot of very clever work done on this beauty :thumbsup: