PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on goldcoast seaway

rustymarlin
15-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I have finally got my new boat sorted out and will hopefully be picking it up from runaway bay next weekend and travelling back to Port Stephens I would like any tips on the goldcoast seaway as I have never been out through there is there a particular line or is it all pretty deep through there. The boat is a 31 express so it draws a bit more water then my last boat (cruisecraft 575)and any tips on the channels to get from runaway bay to the seaway would be great.

lethal098
16-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Gold coast seaway is a simple bar to cross in Most conditions, as it has break walls on both sides,

But in Bad conditions and out going tide it is Bad,

Best thing to do is get a copy of beacon to beacon and have a look at the channels from Runaway bay, Again its a nice straight forward run and if its a nice day no doubt quite a few boats will be going that way

Captain Seaweed
16-11-2012, 11:05 AM
The Seaway is easy to cross and if your heading to Port Stephens I assume you will be going in good weather so you will be fine exiting the seaway. The only things to look out for are....
-Surfers paddling accross it
-If the swell is 2m+ you will find a bank North East of the northern breakwall about 800m out that breaks but you will probably be heading south so straight out the middle and you will be fine.
The seaway is deep and you wont have problems with running aground.

Hope this helps
Marty

Captain Seaweed
16-11-2012, 11:07 AM
just read that your travelling from runaway bay......sorry! As Lee said beacon to beacon would be easiest!!! I have run through there and stayed in the channel and always found plenty of water. There are lots of beacons marking the channel and it runs on the Western side of the water near all the housing.

Cheers
Marty