PDA

View Full Version : New Evo Take #2

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Most here have followed what happened with to our old Evo with the same passion as if it was their own boat. Thank You!
How ever that was then and this is now time to Take#2 8-)
So let's all leave it behind and move forward as excitement of our new Boat build begins !

Paul from Evo called this morning to let me know our new Evo will be laid in the mould next week ;D

To say I'm quite nervous does not begin to cover it, the reassurance of the new bonding process goes a long way to cover pre existing concerns, an open offer to inspect construction at any part of process is also reassuring.

So new Tub is going to be;

6M Evolution Extreme "Black Hull"
175HP Suzuki
320L Fuel Tank
Duniber low profile Drive on Trailer
L&R Latch
80L bait tank
100L insulated in floor icebox
Stainless Seat frames to suit 110L Evakool Eskies

So stay tuned for progress photos and updates as we go, try to Give Paul and his crew a break as I have. I have moved forward on this so has Paul.
Can't wait to see it at Fitzroy's ;D;D

Pic not actual boat just posted to give a look at whats coming.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/15/daregyba.jpg

Stay tuned
Dick

ozynorts
15-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Nice Dick. How did you go when up here?

marto78
15-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Good new Dick the but how did you wrangle a new boat out of them?

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice Dick. How did you go when up here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOiR6xCyCxs&feature=g-upl

Had a blast Hayden ;)

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Good new Dick the but how did you wrangle a new boat out of them?

It was by no means Free Marto But an amicable agreement to suit all parties was made.
Kieran from Coastal was instrumental in the Final outcome, Paul's changes to the build process & Kierans commitment of support went a long way to sticking with Evo.

Cheers
Dick

Prowl n Wolf
15-11-2012, 06:32 PM
congratulations mate. great clip of 1770. curious though, is the boat in your clip the evo you had problems with?

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 06:39 PM
congratulations mate. great clip of 1770. curious though, is the boat in your clip the evo you had problems with?

Yes it is mate, officially it's Evo's now they have let us continue to use it until new Hull has been delivered.
Was satisfied with the outcome TBH
Dick

madmackrel
15-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Bet you cant wait mate, when will she be due for pick up? Make sure theres a spot for me on her maiden jigging trip mate.

bigjimg
15-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I am sure that your new boat will surpass all expectation.A great outcome for all concerned.
A trip to 1770 is on my must do list.Just got to allocate the time.Jim

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=madmackrel;1435312]Bet you cant wait mate, when will she be due for pick up? Make sure theres a spot for me on her maiden jigging trip mate.[/QUOTE

Perry I'll have the Gopro's armed and ready mate, we may even have to take Davo out for giggles as well ;)

Boat will be finished early Jan as they shut for Xmas for a couple of weeks, coastal will then fit the Suzuki up & I will be completing the fit up at home.
Hope to hit water for maiden run by early Feb ? Few shake down runs then hope for a 1770 window to open ;)

Captain Seaweed
15-11-2012, 07:24 PM
nice post. nice vid!!! look forward to meeting you up at 1770 one day mate

Cheers
Marty

fisho8
15-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Congrats Dick good to see you got an outcome you are happy with mate you are a forgiving bloke mate and I hope us Cowboys who wish we were out fishing played a small part in getting you this outcome. If it was me I would have told them to stick their boats up their ass but that is my own personal feeling on this. I really do hope they looked after you with the price and a very well done to coastal Powerboats for going above and beyond for you in getting you through this aswell. I hope evo have got some advisors coming in to give some training on customer service skills this could all have been averted if the right thing was done in the first place. I cannot forgive as easy as you can. This sort of behaviour is not acceptable from any aussie boat builder on any level.

But on a good note big guy at least you can move forward with a smile on your face which is good to see and get back out there. Next trip to 1770 I might just join you.:)

TREVELLY
15-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Glad to read you are happy with the outcome Richard.

I just viewed your vid in the offshore reports - some unstoppables there :D

The bigger rig will certainly give you some better options on your offshore trips and longer stays. That extra 1/2 a metre is awesome and the motor - nice!

10% more boat with double the versatility (just my opinion) but you will be impressed.

Enjoy mate! :beer:

wags on the water
15-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Merry xmas matey. Chat soon.

Jarrah Jack
15-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Evo have sure been on the wrong side of the news lately and its great to see you've had a happy outcome. Hope to see you at the M&G next year perhaps and meet up with a mexican boat.

Dicktracey
15-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Evo have sure been on the wrong side of the news lately and its great to see you've had a happy outcome. Hope to see you at the M&G next year perhaps and meet up with a mexican boat.
Leave booked Jack will be there with Bells on, may even fill it with ice & beer if the weather is crap ;)

mull dog
15-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Great to see you are happy with the outcome DT. Shame it took some stress getting there. Hope you enjoy a happy hassle free run with the new rig.

Jarrah Jack
15-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Leave booked Jack will be there with Bells on, may even fill it with ice & beer if the weather is crap ;)

So long as its Carlton draught the boat won't complain. Nice thought of an endless party in the boat though, weather permitting.

Should I bring up a boat load of Carlton up to edumate you Gringo's in mexican ways or maybe just a carton of sambucca??

thelump
15-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I didn't enter into the first thread other than telling home brew pig he is into his own mix too much but will voice my opinion here. Firstly I am glad that you (Dick) have come up with a solution to the problem that suits everyone. But the question that is bugging me enough to get involved is ,are you happy with another evo. Or are you just stuck because you bought one in the first place?
I wish you all the best in your new boat mate.

upstart
15-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm looking forward to Evo's rebuild thread on the first boat.

Good luck DT, I hope it all goes well.

Boat Hog
16-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Wow Dick, nice boat coming your way! 8-) :)
I bet you can't wait to get it up to 1770. See you up there next year for sure. You and Jarrah Jack will have to wear Sombreros huh?! ;D ::)

Congratulations to Evolution Boats, Coastal Powerboats and yourself for working out an amicable solution. Any chance you could put up some details about the new bonding process?

Cheers,

Dicktracey
16-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I didn't enter into the first thread other than telling home brew pig he is into his own mix too much but will voice my opinion here. Firstly I am glad that you (Dick) have come up with a solution to the problem that suits everyone. But the question that is bugging me enough to get involved is ,are you happy with another evo. Or are you just stuck because you bought one in the first place?
I wish you all the best in your new boat mate.

Lump I have asked myself the same question daily since returning home from Mexico mate ?
I broke it down to make some sense out of it to convince myself I suppose.
Pros;
I bought the original Evo for the room to fish not a half cabin with frills that you could fish out of.
I liked the look of it.
It was Aussie made ;)
The dealer support was fantastic.
I liked the Hull design.
I felt safe in a big sea when it turned to shit.
7 year Hull warranty.
The Minister for Finance liked the look of it "New Hull has a toilet Locker"
Very stable at rest 3 can stand in 1 cnr.
Against;
I had a bad customer relation experience.

So the answer to your question Happy ? Yes Nervous ? For Sure, Confidence in Paul & his Team to turn this PR nightmare around ? Most defiantly.

I don't think my marriage "Fishing part of it ;)" could cope another disaster at sea, I have mates that have had CC disaster stories and I'm sure many other brands have had issues as well.
I'm not blowing smoke up any ones arse here and I'm definitely not being paid to promote Evo, for my sake and the sake of my family I'm sure it will without issue.
Thanks for having an informed opinion and not carrying a flaming torch and a rope mate.
cheers
Dick

Dicktracey
16-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Wow Dick, nice boat coming your way! 8-) :)
I bet you can't wait to get it up to 1770. See you up there next year for sure. You and Jarrah Jack will have to wear Sombreros huh?! ;D ::)

Congratulations to Evolution Boats, Coastal Powerboats and yourself for working out an amicable solution. Any chance you could put up some details about the new bonding process?

Cheers,

Hog Paul is now using resin soaked strips of 900g mat to join hull to floor to bulkhead assembly, previously a jointing compound "Green bog" was used. I will be at factory to watch it be put together so I will definatly post a clip up of process.
Dick
Not sure about Sombreros either Hog as close as i get Mexican is Necking a box of Corona's ;)

Tangles
16-11-2012, 07:42 AM
One door closes and another opens, glad it worked out for you Dick, i reckon Evolution will be pulling out all the stops to make sure you get a great boat, bet you cant wait till Feb...

Dicktracey
16-11-2012, 07:52 AM
One door closes and another opens, glad it worked out for you Dick, i reckon Evolution will be pulling out all the stops to make sure you get a great boat, bet you cant wait till Feb...

Tangles I couldn't think of another manufacture that would pay the same attention to detail in a build as what I imagine this hull will have.
Feb can't come soon enough, for my wedding anniversary and valentines day of course ;)
Dick

thelump
16-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Good to hear a chipper tone in your keyboard Dick. Things are looking up mate and I am happy for you. Cant wait to see the new beast at 1770 next year or around the traps here.

Tickleish
16-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Did you get him to add some roll bars in it. Seriously all the best with the new rig, they do look good.

SunnyCoastMark
17-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Did you get him to add some roll bars in it. Seriously all the best with the new rig, they do look good.

Now, that's just mean........:-X

Hope Evo introduce the new bonding technique across the board - and not just on your new tub because of what happened. Also hope that Paul gained some wisdom in the do's and don'ts of customer service.

Still can't believe you drove all the way to Melbourne though..................:P

Still, Looks like all will be good - Well done Dick.

Might have my Dehavilland Trojan Finished by February as well - It will be a regular up at 1770.

Mark

honda900
17-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Dick,

Glad to hear it it all worked out in the end, the whole thing certainly didnt help EVO, however on the other side of that coin, is some pretty good news from Coastal Power boats who have stuck with you during the process.

Enjoy the new boat.

Regards
HOnda.

johncar
17-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice to hear you have what should be a good outcome and although it seems you had some grief along the way, I guess it seems that most of our good local builders do back their products in the end.
I have heard of local builders looking after their customers many times even to the point of getting into severe financial hardship by doing so. The Aussie way of doing things is good generally, so I hope we can all support them too.

NTMID8
17-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I dont want to open old wounds but is there an original thread of the issues you experienced? I will be looking to upgrade over the next 18 - 24 months and have given serious thought to the evo.

fisho8
17-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I dont want to open old wounds but is there an original thread of the issues you experienced? I will be looking to upgrade over the next 18 - 24 months and have given serious thought to the evo.

I would say to you mate make your own decision I have my own opinion as we all do there are plenty of great aussie boats out there to investigate if you find this boat is for you and what you need then go into things with an open mind and make sure you ask plenty of questions. Even go as far as whatching the build proceedure like DT is. As you can see Coastal Powerboats would be the one to approach if you wanted one. They have been nothing but helpful all the way through DT' issues.:)

BM
17-11-2012, 03:10 PM
DT,

Fingers crossed mate that the new boat is great and some time on the water makes the whole saga a distant memory.

Cheers

rosco1974
17-11-2012, 04:37 PM
good news dick,all the best with it..hope it works out well for u and the missus..now all you got to do when u get it is throw a pack of pillies in it and go catch some real fish.lol

Dicktracey
17-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Seriously mate you are closer to the factory than me call Paul & arrange a visit and view the build process, I cant speak highly enough of the performance of the 552.
We had a build quality issue that slipped through Evo,s QA system unfortunately.
Moving forward Evo's QA has changed, the build process has been improved.
I know of another forum member's 552 that was inspected after my issue and no fault was found,keep them on your list mate & follow the build of this one.
cheers
Dick

Dicktracey
17-11-2012, 07:56 PM
good news dick,all the best with it..hope it works out well for u and the missus..now all you got to do when u get it is throw a pack of pillies in it and go catch some real fish.lol
Rosco I have a purpose built esky for bait these days mate, have caught just about all my big snapper on you float line method mate ;)

Dicktracey
23-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Nothing like a few progress pics to get the blood flowing !

Dicktracey
27-11-2012, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcDqMifUgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctkjqUzrmA0

Dicktracey
27-11-2012, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBIbatSVbc&feature=plcp
Lowering Stringer assembly into Hull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3D0d43MTFE&feature=plcp

Dicktracey
28-11-2012, 01:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SShH22F25_8&feature=g-upl

Pumping Foam into stringer section pre floor fitment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovE2VCIydLg&feature=plcp

Dicktracey
03-12-2012, 07:06 PM

madmackrel
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Flash Dick flash.

Humdinger
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
nice very shiny

Dicktracey
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Flash Dick flash.

See what Santa got me ! Who said you need to be good ;)

death_ship
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
That's more like it Richard. When u pick it up?

TREVELLY
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
You putting on a 175 or a 200?

Will look good with all that shiny black and white

Dicktracey
04-12-2012, 06:21 PM
You putting on a 175 or a 200?

Will look good with all that shiny black and white

I sold a kidney Trev we are putting the 200 on it ;)

Bretto a chance if getting it before Xmas but banking on mid Jan mate !
Dick

TREVELLY
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I sold a kidney Trev we are putting the 200 on it ;)

Bretto a chance if getting it before Xmas but banking on mid Jan mate !
Dick

Gee I wonder what I would get for an old dodgy gallbladder full of stones - oh bugger that's right I don't have it any more and to think I paid thousands for that when I could have just gotten a motor upsize.

Enjoy the extra HP Dick.

I settled for the little old 175 as I am not a rev head like some ;D

Dicktracey
04-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Gee I wonder what I would get for an old dodgy gallbladder full of stones - oh bugger that's right I don't have it any more and to think I paid thousands for that when I could have just gotten a motor upsize.

Enjoy the extra HP Dick.

I settled for the little old 175 as I am not a rev head like some ;D

Trev I looked at it the same way I would of If I was choosing a cup size ;)

Didn't cost that much extra to go from a c to DD :)

TREVELLY
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Trev I looked at it the same way I would of If I was choosing a cup size ;)

Didn't cost that much extra to go from a c to DD :)

As long as it all fits in the hand otherwise it's wasted :)

Yep I went 175 as it was the biggest 4 cylinder and I saw a lot of good fuel consumption reports for this motor - not saying a 6 cylinder 200 is bad but I was being extra careful as I tend to pay for all the fuel generally.

Coming up real nice that rig Dick - I am sure you will be pleased with the finished package - good luck with it. I look forward to following it through to the first fish making a bloody mess of it ;D

Dicktracey
05-12-2012, 12:57 PM
As long as it all fits in the hand otherwise it's wasted :)

Yep I went 175 as it was the biggest 4 cylinder and I saw a lot of good fuel consumption reports for this motor - not saying a 6 cylinder 200 is bad but I was being extra careful as I tend to pay for all the fuel generally.

Coming up real nice that rig Dick - I am sure you will be pleased with the finished package - good luck with it. I look forward to following it through to the first fish making a bloody mess of it ;D

I pondered the same thoughts re fuel vs HP Trev ! Max HP rating for boat is 250 not that it would be needed "allowance for twins "
Being one that pushes the boundaries in most things the HP increase was purely a safety net, I know the day will come that I shouldn't of been out, when it happens in the new tub the extra HP is reassuring in an ugly sea ;)

No worries about being a waste either mate have hands like dinner plates ;)
Dick

Dicktracey
11-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Delivery will be Jan now, so be prepared for one hell of a cyclone season ;)

fisho8
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Coming along nice DT it will fly with that 200 on the back will be good to see the finished product.:)

Dicktracey
15-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Keeping the excitement level alive ;)

FisHard
15-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Nothing like a bit (lot) of retail therapy Dick! Good choice re the 200. Fuel economy might not be quite that of the 175, but you're going to love the grunt factor! Can't wait to see the new rig up and running.
Btw, have you had any thought re the prop yet? I tried a few on mine and settled on a Solas 3 blade 16 x 19. My hull weight is approx 1200kg. Thought that might be comparable to yours?

Dicktracey
15-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Nothing like a bit (lot) of retail therapy Dick! Good choice re the 200. Fuel economy might not be quite that of the 175, but you're going to love the grunt factor! Can't wait to see the new rig up and running.
Btw, have you had any thought re the prop yet? I tried a few on mine and settled on a Solas 3 blade 16 x 19. My hull weight is approx 1200kg. Thought that might be comparable to yours?

Thx mate I was either thinking get a
3 x 21 with engine for those flat runs across the bay and maybe a 4 blade 19 as a back up to use offshore ?
Will talk to Steve at Solas about it,I agree with HP vs Fuel economy ;)

Dicktracey
31-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Why is the customer always wrong until he proves in writing he was right.
Train is off the rails again prepare yourself for a sudden stop guys !

ozynorts
31-01-2013, 06:54 AM
This sounds ominous Dick. Is this going to be another drawn out saga?

Dicktracey
31-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Depends on response from Evo oz I will announce outcome as soon as I can.
Dick
One thing for sure it won't be drawn out !

ozynorts
31-01-2013, 07:48 AM
man you can't catch a break mate.

leopards and their spots

Camhawk88
31-01-2013, 09:18 AM
That sucks mate- I hope they realise what they are about to do to their business if they dont come good.

hilta1
31-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Deleted, sorry for having an opinion

shane450
31-01-2013, 12:47 PM
spill the beans

fisho8
31-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Hope everything come's back on the rails DT and you get what you agreed to mate. Will back you all the way mate.

fishing111
31-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Hilta1 think your a tad harsh with the Ausfish isn't a leverage tool if things don't your way bit, because one could flip the coin on you at trying to flog your boat off at every given opportunity. By your reckoning i suppose one could say Ausfish isn't for that also?

hilta1
31-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Hope that helps you Fish1 and i will make sure i dont mention my boat again!

Dicktracey
31-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Guys I had an email from evo today and hope to have an outcome tomorrow, as most of you that have followed this whole sorry saga know I'm very mindful of the legal ramifications a thread like this can cause, I will attempt not to put ausfish in a situation that they can be held liable for any misleading information in this thread and I would ask everyone else to do the same.
Cheers
Dick
In regards to the very first thread I sat on the first post for 2 weeks giving evo every opportunity to make it right, I even put a 24hr cooling off period on every response I made.

Horse
31-01-2013, 02:56 PM
This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I hope EVO hit the brakes early and think about what they are doing. I could imagine the previous bad publicity has hardly helped sales. This was a rare opportunity to put a lot of that bad press to bed

Dicktracey
31-01-2013, 04:11 PM
This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I hope EVO hit the brakes early and think about what they are doing. I could imagine the previous bad publicity has hardly helped sales. This was a rare opportunity to put a lot of that bad press to bed
Horse never a truer word spoken mate !

julian1
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
so what are the problems this time ??? i thought all was coming along nicely ?

Dicktracey
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Not wanting to blow this out of all proportion but with the risk of a lot of people losing a job over poor customer service I will re-frame from publicly making any further comment until this saga has finished.
So unless your thinking about buying one it wont effect you, If you are make sure every promise is backed up in writing & make all requests the same.
I will post full report when its done
Dick

rosco1974
01-02-2013, 07:25 PM
bugger mate,hope you get what a good outcome

Captain Seaweed
01-02-2013, 08:10 PM
this might be a bit left of field...but I have been looking on many broker websites for a new business and stumbled on a fibreglass boat business for sale?????????????

TopBhoy
01-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Not wanting to blow this out of all proportion but with the risk of a lot of people losing a job over poor customer service I will re-frame from publicly making any further comment until this saga has finished.
So unless your thinking about buying one it wont effect you, If you are make sure every promise is backed up in writing & make all requests the same.
I will post full report when its done
Dick

I feel your pain and it has been an interesting tale but I'm not quite sure why you started the original thread and followed up with this one since you appear reluctant to go into any great detail. I'm bemused even more so since you revived this thread only to say not very much other than announce you won't be making comment. If nothing was going to be added, surely it would have been better all round to leave it well alone until you got a settlement or there was no further chance of settlement and could tell the full story?

ozynorts
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Is this the one CS? http://australia.businessesforsale.com/australian/Queensland-Boat-Manufacturing-Business-For-Sale.aspx
If the pic of the boat is accurate it is Tournament Boats. Boat in the pic is a tournament 2000 Bluewater.

FisHard
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Dick I really hope this pans out positively for you! Seriously though, the fact that you feel the need to bring up more issues speaks volumes in regard to the integrity of Evolution. Man, how bad are these guys at running a business reliant on word of mouth and recommendation?? I guess with the boating industry going so great, they can afford to burn a few clients along the way. Wtf?

Dicktracey
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Sorry guys I just finished typing war & piece but couldn't hit send. I suppose this whole thing has been cryptic but i needed a vent yesterday.
Twice in 2 days I have been accused of being wrong which has been since proven other wise. So my apologies for bringing this back up.
Anyone who thinks legal action by either party or anyone misleading anyone wont happen think again, why where all the other Evo threads locked up down south.
I was given a warning of defamation but as i had only stated "actual facts" in original thread my arse was covered. "it wouldn't still be up if I was bullSh&tting
I'm not sure where it will end, I have made a request of Written reassurance to be given by Manufacturer maybe i will get it but I wont hold my breath.
Boat is suppose to be here in 2 weeks But I was given a 90% chance of before xmas as well.
Dick

TopBhoy
02-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Sorry guys I just finished typing war & piece but couldn't hit send. I suppose this whole thing has been cryptic but i needed a vent yesterday.
Twice in 2 days I have been accused of being wrong which has been since proven other wise. So my apologies for bringing this back up.
Anyone who thinks legal action by either party or anyone misleading anyone wont happen think again, why where all the other Evo threads locked up down south.
I was given a warning of defamation but as i had only stated "actual facts" in original thread my arse was covered. "it wouldn't still be up if I was bullSh&tting
I'm not sure where it will end, I have made a request of Written reassurance to be given by Manufacturer maybe i will get it but I wont hold my breath.
Boat is suppose to be here in 2 weeks But I was given a 90% chance of before xmas as well.
Dick
I can understand and empathise the forum being a cathartic outlet. My impression from what you've written and in the way you've really held back in your posts is that you've shown yourself throughout to have been more than fair with this particular company. I suspect I and many on here would have bailed out, wanted our money back and to cut all ties with them, a long time ago. Good luck with this entirely unwanted and regrettable episode and I hope you get the result you want without further ado.

hooknline
02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Bugger I only rang yesterday and enquired about a 552 at coastal boats, I have not been near this site for some time and was keen on buying a 552 in the very near future so thought I would have a look and see if there where any comments, typed evolution in the search box and found dicks ongoing problems, after sale service goes a long way in a lot of different industries. I live near Mackay QLD and a drive to Melbourne is too far away for me to take a boat back if I was unlucky to have issues, and also living this far away am worried I would be just forgotten. Keep me posted on your new rig DT.

Dicktracey
02-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Bugger I only rang yesterday and enquired about a 552 at coastal boats, I have not been near this site for some time and was keen on buying a 552 in the very near future so thought I would have a look and see if there where any comments, typed evolution in the search box and found dicks ongoing problems, after sale service goes a long way in a lot of different industries. I live near Mackay QLD and a drive to Melbourne is too far away for me to take a boat back if I was unlucky to have issues, and also living this far away am worried I would be just forgotten. Keep me posted on your new rig DT.
Good talking mate good luck with your decision

shane450
08-02-2013, 12:54 PM
UPDATE ?

come on don t leave us standing

Dicktracey
08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
:furious2::furious2:

Boat Hog
08-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Hang in there Dick and I hope it all works out for you!

LittleSkipper
08-02-2013, 06:11 PM
:furious2::furious2:

With that said I guess there's no possible chance of a TAKE#3

death_ship
08-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey Richard do you still have the original boat?

Dicktracey
08-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Hey Richard do you still have the original boat?
No Brett the dealer has it for change over when ever that will happen ?

death_ship
08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Better pick it up for safe keeping

Dicktracey
11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Ok Update is Delivery is Friday week 22nd Boat should arrive at Dealers :laola:
Still a few things to inspect & sort but we are moving forward :vrolijk_26::vrolijk_26:

ozynorts
11-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Awesome mate. Hope all goes to plan this time. Once it is at dealers you should be right. I hope you have an iron clad warranty in place though.

propdinger
12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
bet this will be the longest 10days of your life not only the wait but making sure everything is as you agreed it should be. Good luck hope all ends well

Tracker
19-02-2013, 04:42 PM
3 days to go(but who is counting)

fisho8
19-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Can't wait to see the Pics DT hope it all works out and you can put this ordeal behind you good to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel now mate.

Horse
20-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Dick, are you bringing it down to the Ramp it Up breakfast on Sunday

Dicktracey
21-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Mate it is on its way :) Hope to be fitting Engine Monday so it will be still at yard over weekend !

Dicktracey
22-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Well the time has come guys, off to see it in the flesh tomorrow :)
Hope to be posting what a weapon of a boat it is tomorrow arv, Glass is half Full ATM !
stay tuned
Dick

Still_Dreamin
22-02-2013, 08:41 PM
good luck DT. you deserve it!!

Dicktracey
23-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Well guys as Big Kev would say I'm Excited :) What a weapon everything I hoped for and then some.
Big thank you to the guys at Coastal Power Boats for going above and beyond to see this through, very rare to find old school customer service these days.
Moving forward Thank you to Evolution Boats for delivering what they promised.
Stay tuned
Dick

madmackrel
23-02-2013, 01:55 PM
More pics please .

Dicktracey
23-02-2013, 03:26 PM

ozynorts
23-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Holy crap Dick, that's a boat. Looks awesome mate. Enjoy.

Captain Seaweed
23-02-2013, 05:38 PM
looks shit hot mate, very nice indeed.

Captain Seaweed
23-02-2013, 05:39 PM
what size is she overall Dick? Looks bloody big mate.

Captain Seaweed
23-02-2013, 05:41 PM
BTW, you beat me on delivery no thanks to a bloody low off the coast!!! sorry to be a serial poster. Its Saturday and I am PUI (posting under the influence)

Cheers
Marty

TREVELLY
23-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Very nice Richard!

Is there enough room to have the "D" added to the entry door ;D

With the motor you have chosen and the electronics it will be a really good offshore rig - enjoy mate you deserve

Good one to the Coastal Power Boats and evo for doing the right thing!

Best outcome for everyone!

Back In Black
23-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Very nice Richard!

Is there enough room to have the "D" added to the entry door ;D

With the motor you have chosen and the electronics it will be a really good offshore rig - enjoy mate you deserve

Good one to the Coastal Power Boats and evo for doing the right thing!

Best outcome for everyone!

EVOD?? Don't follow Trev!! LOL

cobiaman
23-02-2013, 07:50 PM
DEVO??????

Horse
23-02-2013, 07:53 PM
That looks like a beast Dick. A great outcome all round. Hopefully it will help fix someof the damage Evolution have done to their reputation. When do you blood her?

TREVELLY
23-02-2013, 08:25 PM
EVOD?? Don't follow Trev!! LOL

Knew someone would take the bait ;);D

TREVELLY
23-02-2013, 08:26 PM
DEVO??????

Now whip it!! Whip it good !!!

Graham - you are probably too young to know that song - was a classic in it's day ;D

Dicktracey
23-02-2013, 08:52 PM
That looks like a beast Dick. A great outcome all round. Hopefully it will help fix someof the damage Evolution have done to their reputation. When do you blood her?
Not soon enough Horse lol, hope to have it home monday arv then put all my cut out templates on every where before taking to it with saw !!!!
Probably take me a couple of weeks to fit out in between work & think sessions sitting in the back of it, Better fill the fridge !
Dick

fisho8
23-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Great to see it finally here DT many good times ahead that is for sure with a rig like that good to see they came through and well done to CPB for helping you get a good outcome.:thumbsup:

Cheers Mick.

death_ship
24-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Fancy rig Richard, now the work begins. You got a dry spot to work on it?

tenzing
24-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Knew someone would take the bait ;);D
Was having a quiet chuckle from underneath the safety of my power dome when i read that!

Dicktracey
24-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Fancy rig Richard, now the work begins. You got a dry spot to work on it?
Got room at your place Bretto ?

my v16c
24-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Fantastic outcome DT...all will go well from here ...
Cheers My V16C ;D

death_ship
24-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Got room at your place Bretto ?

Both my carports are full mate, looking at the latest warnings we are possibly going to cop another flogging by a new ECL! Starting tonight. Not sure on severity but could be like Oswald if it intensifies.
See what happens when you get a new boat

Greg P
24-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Looks like a nice rig Dick and I hope it meets your expectations. You sure are more forgiving than me. I would not have gone back for a second bite.

FisHard
24-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Mate, I 100pc hope this one is all good and goes forever.
Personally though, from what I've read on this thread, I'd have to agree with Gregs post above. I wouldn't bother extending your gratitude to the manufacturer after the greif they've given you. But hey, that's just my 2 cents worth. Again, all the best with it.

Dicktracey
24-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Mate, I 100pc hope this one is all good and goes forever.
Personally though, from what I've read on this thread, I'd have to agree with Gregs post above. I wouldn't bother extending your gratitude to the manufacturer after the greif they've given you. But hey, that's just my 2 cents worth. Again, all the best with it.
They kept up their end of the Deal Fishard, There are worst things in life harder to Deal with than a bit of Poor customer service.
We got there in the End so that's all that matters. GLASS 1/2 FULL GUYS LET'S FISH ;)

LittleSkipper
24-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Someone's a happy camper? Congrats DT on the new Evo.

Gees! She's a bloody big boat in the pics though?

Have fun drooling over the Evo when you get it home for the fitout.

fishfeeder
24-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Dick, Top looking rig..
hope you get many years of trouble free runs.
Fingers crossed the weather will be great after you get the fit out all sorted..

Cheers

Dicktracey
25-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeh baby ;)

wags on the water
25-02-2013, 07:06 PM
For the price and wait I thought you'd get the cowling as well.....

rosco1974
25-02-2013, 07:36 PM
looking nice mate,hope i can keep up with ya

Dicktracey
25-02-2013, 07:45 PM
For the price and wait I thought you'd get the cowling as well.....
They come with a Cowling ?

RayLamp
25-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I would have liked to have seen your signature embossed somewhere on this beast :)

Nice looking boat. I recently saw a brand new evo and it looked so nice in person. Those photos look good so yours must be damn brilliant!

Dicktracey
26-02-2013, 06:24 AM
I would have liked to have seen your signature embossed somewhere on this beast :)

Nice looking boat. I recently saw a brand new evo and it looked so nice in person. Those photos look good so yours must be damn brilliant!

I did get a personal touch with the rego sticker Ray
DT177Q :)

madmackrel
26-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Pile driver wasn't that you wrestling name ?

Captain Seaweed
26-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Hey Perry, was this a reply to another thread where Rosco is buying a Bar Crusher?

Dicktracey
26-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey Perry, was this a reply to another thread where Rosco is buying a Bar Crusher?

Marty the old fella wouldn't know what day of the week it is let alone what thread he is posting on ;)

madmackrel
26-02-2013, 10:04 AM
That's it fellas pick on the senior citizen

Dicktracey
26-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Ok back to the Fun stuff has anyone propped a 200 spook ? Seams they can run either a 15 or 16" diameter with varying pitches. Mainly Offshore use only thinking 3x16d x 18p Stainless has been supplied with 3x 15d x 21"p ?
Thoughts experiences
Dick

Captain Seaweed
26-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I would chat to Solas Dick they will be more accurate info. I would guess a 15x17P thinking the 18 is too high but gee mate I once also thought having 3 kids would be easy

Dicktracey
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
So it begins ;)

Richo1
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Has it got a dunny for when EVO give you the shits?😜
Hopefully this time you won't need it! Glad to hear its coming together👍

propdinger
01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
stop drawing and start cutting you could of had it done by now lol

Spaniard_King
01-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Dick I would think you would be somewhere between the 20 and 21.. they do make a 20.5 as well... just test it... 6000 with a normal load u want :)

If it dosn't perform we can always put a silver one on it :)

fisho8
01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Ok back to the Fun stuff has anyone propped a 200 spook ? Seams they can run either a 15 or 16" diameter with varying pitches. Mainly Offshore use only thinking 3x16d x 18p Stainless has been supplied with 3x 15d x 21"p ?
Thoughts experiences
Dick

I have spoken to Warren at Seaquest DT and he has said look into the Merc Mirage Props as they used to use them on the Zuks they fitted up at Cunnighams Warren is a accredited ZUk tech aswell as a merc tech to. as far as what pitch to use he would need to see the boat.Cheers Mick.

FisHard
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi Dick,
I think I've brought it up before, but I settled on a Solas 16 x 19 3 blade on my 200 Suzi/21' Seafarer. I reckon it would work a treat on that slick new rig of yours!

Dicktracey
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Dick I would think you would be somewhere between the 20 and 21.. they do make a 20.5 as well... just test it... 6000 with a normal load u want :)

If it dosn't perform we can always put a silver one on it :)
Gary I have ordered a 3 x 16D x 18 1/2P it is a standard 200 prop I'm prepared to loose some top end to have it solid offshore, Going on the Theory of bigger diameter for heavier boat.
Will have 320l fuel 80l bait tank & shitloads of cold storage. its somewhere to start anyway.
Dick

Dicktracey
01-03-2013, 04:58 PM
stop drawing and start cutting you could of had it done by now lol

propdinger
01-03-2013, 05:05 PM
That looks better :)

4 beers job there

honda900
01-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Dick,

I have a new boat, testing tomorrow (run in motor) , Haines 625 profish, weighs 1100kg (hull) with a Zuke 175, big bait tank and 230ltrs, has a 3 x 16 x 18.5 prop on it. I will post some results from the testing tomorrow night.

Regards
Honda.

TREVELLY
01-03-2013, 05:52 PM
My 175 Zuk has a 3 x 16 x 18.5

The guys at Solas reckoned they could not recommend a better prop for the motor.

Solas do make this prop for Zuk - last order to Zuke they said was 2400 of them.

As for it on my rig - it works ;)

honda900
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Trev,

I should have a closer look at your boat At wello point . :hammer:

Be interesting to compare some fuel figures..

Regards
Honda.

Dicktracey
01-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Dick,
I think I've brought it up before, but I settled on a Solas 16 x 19 3 blade on my 200 Suzi/21' Seafarer. I reckon it would work a treat on that slick new rig of yours!

Hey mate whats your Wide open Rpm & speed running that prop ?

Trev can i ask you the same question Mate ?

FisHard
01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Dick, I get 40-41kts at 55-5600 rpm. Great hole shot, really couldn't be happier. I tried a 4 blade and saw 44kts but suprisingly, the boat wouldn't plane under 15-16kts! It was a real dog, but good top end! Last big trip saw approx 150nm for 250l (loaded up with heaps of everything) love that V6!

madmackrel
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Lookin good Dick, can't wait to see her on the water mate.

LittleSkipper
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
I know this make ie: Mercury is of know use to your make ie: Yamaha but thought the info on the different Prop types may help.

A 4 blade would give you good holding in tight turns. Especially on a rig like your Evo with the Yamaha 200 on the stern. Just my thoughts anyways! Good luck with your choice?

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propellers/elite/trophy-plus/

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propellers/about/how-to-choose/pitch/

Cheers
Wayne.

Spaniard_King
01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
I know this make ie: Mercury is of know use to your make ie: Yamaha but thought the info on the different Prop types may help.

A 4 blade would give you good holding in tight turns. Especially on a rig like your Evo with the Yamaha 200 on the stern. Just my thoughts anyways! Good luck with your choice?

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propellers/elite/trophy-plus/

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propellers/about/how-to-choose/pitch/

Cheers
Wayne.

Put Brain into gear before engauging mouth/fingers

DT is getting a Suzuki

Just inccase that does not ring any bells.. the suzi has a completely different gear ratio to any other outboard brand

fisho8
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
The Zuk Runs 2 gearboxes aswell hence if not propped right can reduce the performance of the engine a usual 200 will only put out 190hp WOT straight out of the box due to having a twin gearbox setup. They also have a weak propshaft also as any decent bump can damage them quite easily however in saying that Overall I think they are a great engine IMO. I am still arguing with Warren with my engine as I want to go ZUK and he is trying to talk me out of it wanting me to go a 3ltr opti. Merc make some great props as do solas everyone has an opinion I guess it may take a few to find a setup that will suit this particular boat to.

Dicktracey
02-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Dick, I get 40-41kts at 55-5600 rpm. Great hole shot, really couldn't be happier. I tried a 4 blade and saw 44kts but suprisingly, the boat wouldn't plane under 15-16kts! It was a real dog, but good top end! Last big trip saw approx 150nm for 250l (loaded up with heaps of everything) love that V6!
Mate if I could get those figures out of the box That would be that, Got to be happy with 75km/h @ 5600rpm :)
Guys thx for the thoughts I wont be putting merc props ect on a Suzuki there is no need, I spent 3mths propping the DF140 So i have had a little experience setting one up, I now have a custom ground "Cupped" 3 x 18 1/2" Solas at home for a DF140 if any one wants a shit hot Offshore prop PM me.
It sounds like the 16 x 18 1/2 will be a great starting point for what i want, Looking forward to figures Gary.
Thx guys
Dick

LittleSkipper
02-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Put Brain into gear before engauging mouth/fingers

DT is getting a Suzuki

Just inccase that does not ring any bells.. the suzi has a completely different gear ratio to any other outboard brand

My mistake! At first glance of the outboard DT had pictured I saw silver thinking it was a Yamaha, didn't notice the external casing of the outboard to be black (which could of been a Mercury) but anyway.

As for my brain SK? It was in gear before engauging or is that engaging mouth/fingers, Oh look! I can spell?

Keep in mind that not everyone on Ausfish is a qualified marine mechanic like yourself!

Just wanted to get my point across that DT may like to consider a 4 blade instead of a 3 blade.

TREVELLY
02-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey mate whats your Wide open Rpm & speed running that prop ?

Trev can i ask you the same question Mate ?

Richard, max revs on mine is about 5400rpm and the speed when I first got the boat was 70kph but since those first few trips it has never been that fast and now seems to max about 60-65kph on open sea pending conditions - never seem to get no swell or glassy conditions. Maybe too the only time I seem to get best conditions to floor it is first thing in the day when full of fuel.
No doubt you will get more out of a 200hp and a slippery glass boat.
Last time at Jeffers - Keith said they put the 200hp prop on the 175 as it has enough torque to push it but I suppose 5400rpm is not outrageous. But for performance my impressions are the prop works very well for trolling when used with trim tabs to stop the boat dragging it's bum - it is very happy in that 15-20kph range when trimmed right. But high up at 4800rpm then pushing up to 5400rpm there is a marked increase in revs but not in boat speed so it is of little benefit there. Sweet spot for me and my boat is the 4000 to 4200rpm range doing anything from 40 to 55kph pending conditions and no I have not a flow computer to measure it but I know speed to revs enough to get that close enough. Yes I know the speed shows a big variance for not a big revs range but on open ocean the sea sometimes bogs the boat in and sometimes it slips across the top.

Honda - I plan to be at the 1770 trip - are you in that?

Spaniard_King
02-03-2013, 09:06 AM
My mistake! At first glance of the outboard DT had pictured I saw silver thinking it was a Yamaha, didn't notice the external casing of the outboard to be black (which could of been a Mercury) but anyway.

As for my brain SK? It was in gear before engauging or is that engaging mouth/fingers, Oh look! I can spell?

Keep in mind that not everyone on Ausfish is a qualified marine mechanic like yourself!

Just wanted to get my point across that DT may like to consider a 4 blade instead of a 3 blade.

The suzi's are setup for large diameter props and most v6's work well with the 16" diameter props

Smithy
02-03-2013, 03:07 PM
4 blade SS props put a lot of stress on boat gearboxes with all that extra weight and inertia over a 3 blader. Ask a few commercial guys putting 1,000+ hours a year on their motors if they are still using them or not. I can think of a couple who wouldn't now.

honda900
02-03-2013, 06:15 PM
DT,

Figures from testing today. GPS and NMEA data.

RPM LPH KMH (gps)
1000 2.5 7
2000 6.6 11.4
3000 15.7 17.5
3500 19.8 29.2
4000 26.5 43.4
4200 26.1 44.7
4500 31.7 50.4
5000 45.1 57.8

WOT,5950 60 69

The prop on the haines was FKN Outstanding. Make sure you hang on. Low speed planing at 3300, but it works very well. :o

Dunbier trailer, not so well, will sort that out this week.

Trev,

Yes mate will be at 1770 this year, I will be with the boys at "blue fortress" A good bunch. ;)

Regards
Honda

thylacene
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
The Zuk Runs 2 gearboxes aswell hence if not propped right can reduce the performance of the engine a usual 200 will only put out 190hp WOT straight out of the box due to having a twin gearbox setup. They also have a weak propshaft also as any decent bump can damage them quite easily however in saying that Overall I think they are a great engine IMO. I am still arguing with Warren with my engine as I want to go ZUK and he is trying to talk me out of it wanting me to go a 3ltr opti. Merc make some great props as do solas everyone has an opinion I guess it may take a few to find a setup that will suit this particular boat to.

I may be wrong, and stand to be corrected, but it is my understanding that outboards are rated for HP at the prop. The mechanisms that are used to get the power to the prop are accounted for before they throw a label on it???

Thy

fisho8
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I may be wrong, and stand to be corrected, but it is my understanding that outboards are rated for HP at the prop. The mechanisms that are used to get the power to the prop are accounted for before they throw a label on it???

Thy

You would think so mate I found it a bit surprising as said what I got told is that the Zuks run 2 gearboxes one at the top the other in the lower leg having the 2 boxes does drain a bit of power. I also got told that when they calibrate the guages they calibrate them to run 8mph faster to compensate for the loss of power. Some engine are the total opposite but for instance the Yammi 150hp is rated up to 170hp really opened my eyes up as to how things can be tweaked to give the reading they say they do out of the box.

thylacene
02-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Sounds like someone is pulling your chain. Suzuki do not have a speedo, nor do any of the other brands, the 8mph comment smells like BS to me.

Suzuki do have an offset power head, and yes that does involve an additional set of gears, but I would suggest that in our litigious world, the power head would be producing sufficient HP to deliver the claimed minimum at the prop. From my understanding, HP has been measured at the prop since the mid 80's.

When I was drag racing, I used to buy engines that came with the bench Dyno printout, after bolting it into each of the bikes and running it on the bike shop Dyno there would be different results for chain and belt drive.

The new engines with computer based management systems are likely to be much more consistent, but I have "tuned" another 25hp out of a 130hp bike engine by getting the jetting right and changing the ignition advance.

Just as Suzuki use the same block and internals in the 150 and the 175, they use variable valve timing to achieve the extra output.

Would be interested to see the Dyno sheet for any of these motors, and think it should be mandatory. Would make informed choices more common. The different power and torque curves do actually matter.

Anyway, far enough off thread, my apologies, that's what happens when I sit here bored out of my brain.

Dicktracey
02-03-2013, 07:23 PM
DT,

Figures from testing today. GPS and NMEA data.

RPM LPH KMH (gps)
1000 2.5 7
2000 6.6 11.4
3000 15.7 17.5
3500 19.8 29.2
4000 26.5 43.4
4200 26.1 44.7
4500 31.7 50.4
5000 45.1 57.8

WOT,5950 60 69

The prop on the haines was FKN Outstanding. Make sure you hang on. Low speed planing at 3300, but it works very well. :o

Dunbier trailer, not so well, will sort that out this week.

Trev,

Yes mate will be at 1770 this year, I will be with the boys at "blue fortress" A good bunch. ;)

Regards
Honda
Thanks for the figures mate sounds the 16x18 1/2 is the way to go :)
Still a while off water but looking forward to it !
thanks again mate
Dick

honda900
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the figures mate sounds the 16x18 1/2 is the way to go :)
Still a while off water but looking forward to it !
thanks again mate
Dick

No probs, genuine figures.

Regards
Honda.

LittleSkipper
03-03-2013, 05:54 AM
4 blade SS props put a lot of stress on boat gearboxes with all that extra weight and inertia over a 3 blader. Ask a few commercial guys putting 1,000+ hours a year on their motors if they are still using them or not. I can think of a couple who wouldn't now.

Sorry Smithy but I'd have to disagree!

Where talking recreational boats, recreational outboards. I think modern day outboards & the technology that goes into them are more than quite capable of handling a 4 blade.

And Stress! Shit! If an outboard stresses out having a panic attack because of one extra blade? then outboard manufacturers need to go back to the drawing board.

Yes! they have their advantages & disadvantages but so do 3 blades and the argument goes on with all that extra weight and inertia with the mrs in the bedroom. Haha!

outta line
03-03-2013, 07:36 AM
iam running a suki 3x16x20ss on my jon/suki 200hp 6m seafarer victory .. gr8 all round prop through all rev ranges with good hole shot...running a 20 will see wot at 5500rpm i did raise my motor a hole and picked up another 250 rpm.. let me know if you want any more figgers.....mick

Dicktracey
03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
iam running a suki 3x16x20ss on my jon/suki 200hp 6m seafarer victory .. gr8 all round prop through all rev ranges with good hole shot...running a 20 will see wot at 5500rpm i did raise my motor a hole and picked up another 250 rpm.. let me know if you want any more figgers.....mick
Thanks Mick going on those figures I personally would of tried a smaller prop, 5800 was the sweet spot for the 140 cant comment on the 200 yet, did you try a 18 1/2 ?
Cheers
Dick

thelump
03-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Was in Hondas boat for the test yesterday. He forgot to mention that the test was ran with approximately 430kg of man flesh on board!!! With a couple of normal people it would really fly!

outta line
03-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks Mick going on those figures I personally would of tried a smaller prop, 5800 was the sweet spot for the 140 cant comment on the 200 yet, did you try a 18 1/2 ?
Cheers
Dick

hey dick....... no haven't tried any other prop. I did speak to a few people as well as solas and read alot on the hull truth seams to be a few running the 20 in usa... looked at 4 blades but decided that the prop i am running suits my set up and didn't want to spend $700 bucks for something that may not be any better. WOT on the 200 is 5000-6000rpm so reaching 5500-5750rpm spinning the 20 isn't to bad i reckon ... you will love the 200 mate they are like a bulldozer offshore .... when the time comes if you want to try my 20 to compare you are welcome to spin it... on the condition you break it you bought it .. lol....cheers mick

tenzing
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Just found my figures from when I had the DF175 fitted.
Prop is suzuki ss 3x15x21
This was on on oily slick river, 160 kg "man flesh?", 200 l fuel. Seafarer victory 1100kg hull. Bennets tabs fitted.

RPM km/h Litres/h
1650 11 4
2000 12 6.5
3000 16 15
4000 41 22
5000 57 35
6150 74 64

To be fair the fuel usage is probably underestimated by 5 to 10 % as this was taken from the gauge which is not quite true.

Since this test though we dropped the motor by one hole ( now on the lowest) as the prop ventilated frequently , even in straight lines , especially in swell offshore.
The cav plate now seems to be buried, where before it was just above water. she throws up a bit more spray too.
My performance now is slower and thirstier and WOT around 5800 to 5900 ( though this is all in real conditions, not out on the racetrack as per the test!)
I am considering whether to go up in diameter and down in pitch and lifting her back up as it seems a bit bogged down now. Holeshot is a bit sluggish too.
I am hoping not for more top end as that makes no difference to me, but would like to squeeze the most efficiency out of her as possible.
I guess with a couple of hundred hours in a good year, maximum fuel efficiency is a real consideration.

Luke G
03-03-2013, 11:31 PM
This was on on oily slick river, 160 kg "man flesh?", 200 l fuel. Seafarer victory 1100kg hull. Bennets tabs fitted.

RPM km/h Litres/h
1650 11 4
2000 12 6.5
3000 16 15
4000 41 22
5000 57 35
6150 74 64

To be fair the fuel usage is probably underestimated by 5 to 10 % as this was taken from the gauge which is not quite true.

Since this test though we dropped the motor by one hole ( now on the lowest) as the prop ventilated frequently , even in straight lines , especially in swell offshore.
The cav plate now seems to be buried, where before it was just above water. she throws up a bit more spray too.
My performance now is slower and thirstier and WOT around 5800 to 5900 ( though this is all in real conditions, not out on the racetrack as per the test!)
I am considering whether to go up in diameter and down in pitch and lifting her back up as it seems a bit bogged down now. Holeshot is a bit sluggish too.
I am hoping not for more top end as that makes no difference to me, but would like to squeeze the most efficiency out of her as possible.
I guess with a couple of hundred hours in a good year, maximum fuel efficiency is a real consideration.

I recon you will see good results if you lift up a hole and run a 3x16x20, I had a heavier boat with the same motor swinging a 3x20x18.5 and it was awesome.

Smithy
04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Little Skipper,

I can think of a few guys that put around 300 hours a year aboard recreationally. Mostly game guys and if they live bait they are in and out of gear all the time. Same for any guys who back up into current. Same thing. I'd be wanting to get more than 3-4 years out of a gearbox before it started giving me problems. On the bigger Suzukis the motors start stalling out all the time. The DTS on the new Yammies has been a bit of a godsend but at high hours they are still blowing boxes.

LittleSkipper
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Little Skipper,

I can think of a few guys that put around 300 hours a year aboard recreationally. Mostly game guys and if they live bait they are in and out of gear all the time. Same for any guys who back up into current. Same thing. I'd be wanting to get more than 3-4 years out of a gearbox before it started giving me problems. On the bigger Suzukis the motors start stalling out all the time. The DTS on the new Yammies has been a bit of a godsend but at high hours they are still blowing boxes.

Smithy!

I here what your saying? Gees! Those guys must put their outboards & boats through there paces?

Yet I still can't see how one extra blade could place so much stress as you mentioned on an outboards gearbox?

I would of thought it would help & not hinder the boat & outboards performance?

But never thought that a 4 blade would place so much stress on an outboards gearbox?

What is a DTS on the new Yamaha's?

Anyway! I guess the Pro's know what their talking about?

Dicktracey
09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Off to costal Monday morning to run her up :)
Few little things to finish off, not missing any opportunities with weather so rushing hasn't been in need !

fisho64
09-03-2013, 11:53 PM
You would think so mate I found it a bit surprising as said what I got told is that the Zuks run 2 gearboxes one at the top the other in the lower leg having the 2 boxes does drain a bit of power. I also got told that when they calibrate the guages they calibrate them to run 8mph faster to compensate for the loss of power. Some engine are the total opposite but for instance the Yammi 150hp is rated up to 170hp really opened my eyes up as to how things can be tweaked to give the reading they say they do out of the box.

Haha thats one of the funniest things I've read on here for a while-who told you that load of bollocks? Did they also tell you that the Yam F115 is actually 120hp and the Suz DF140 is only 128hp, cos thats the usual bollocks along those lines

gofishin
11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
The Zuk Runs 2 gearboxes as well hence if not propped right can reduce the performance of the engine a usual 200 will only put out 190hp WOT straight out of the box due to having a twin gearbox setup....

… They also have a weak propshaft also as any decent bump can damage them quite easily ...Yep, you have been told a couple of good ‘furphies’ there fisho8! As others have said, it’s all BS to put it bluntly!

As for the first furphy, outboards have been rated at the prop ‘by Law’ for nearly 30 odd years (as Thy has stated).

Yes, the zukes have a two stage gear reduction, but this means that their engines need to produce a few % more N.m of Torque (and therefore HP) than any other single reduction outboard - to get the same HP at the prop! But, as all outboards are rated at the prop, it doesn’t matter!

As for the real HP any outboard produces, there is only one independent source for info like this, from my knowledge anyway, and this is the US EPA Testing Database. Attached is the info for both motors in question, and you can see the 200 pumps out ~197 HP.

As for the second furphy; well with 2 gear reductions the zuke props are spinning the slowest of all the outboards. This means that despite their slightly larger diam props (which would increase inertia forces/loads on the gears) their slower turning props would cause lesser overall inertia loads on the gears/drive train when going in/out of gear!

Richard, max revson mine is about 5400rpm …. Keith said they put the 200hp prop on the 175 as ithas enough torque to push it but I suppose 5400rpm is not outrageous. … Max Torque and at what RPM’s for both donks are quite different Trev (see attached EPA excerpt). The slower reduction (2.50:1) of the 175 is obviously what allows it to run the same prop as the 200 (2.29:1), however I would seriously look at a smaller prop for your boat, 5400 is not a lot when the 4 cyl donks need to reach max RPM’s to get the best out of them. The Noble hull is never going to be a speed machine, but I would put good money on better overall performance (and engine life) from a well matched smaller prop.

…Just as Suzuki use the same block and internals in the 150 and the 175, they use variablevalve timing to achieve the extra output

Would be interested to see the Dyno sheetfor any of these motors, and think it should be mandatory. Would make informedchoices more common. The different power and torque curves do actually matter... Can’t help with full torque curves Thy, but at least the attached EPA data gives you some numbers to play with for these two donks.

4 blade SS props puta lot of stress on boat gearboxes with all that extra weight and inertia over a3 blader. Ask a few commercial guys putting 1,000+ hours a year on their motorsif they are still using them or not. I can think of a couple who wouldn'tnow.Smithy, was that one particular brand, or all brands?

…Yet I still can't see how one extra blade could place so much stress as you mentioned on anoutboards gearbox?

I would of thought it would help & nothinder the boat & outboards performance?
But never thought that a 4 blade wouldplace so much stress on an outboards gearbox?
What is a DTS on the new Yamaha's?..

Smithy is 100% correct Lil-Skipper. The forces exerted on the drive train are proportional to the prop’s “Moment of Inertia” multiplied by the angular acceleration – which is greatest when going in & out of gear – or when your prop clears the water jumping waves J.

The angular acceleration may change slightlybetween 3 & 4 blade props, but the Mom. of Inertia will be greater for 4 blade props – especially since they grip a lot more at low speeds too. Although the blades on a 4 bld prop are thinner (there are 4 of them carrying the load, not 3), they still represent a ‘mass’ at a distance from the shaft. More mass further from the centre of rotation increase Inertia by the square of the distance…so yeah 4 blade props increase inertia loads on your drive train.

SDS is Yamaha’s Shift Dampener System – the prop has a bit of ‘play’ on the shaft before the load is taken up by the rubber bush. Works great too!

PS. I use one (4 bld), but my boat loves them, and at 2.0:1 ratio it’s a ‘calculated’ risk (& at the hrs I’m doing lately, I’ll never need to worry L. If my donk was a 1.75:1 however, I might think twice, or at least I’d make sure I had an SDS prop!

Anyway, enough of the physics, back on topic…

Nice looking boat DT, hope it serves you100% better than the last.
Cheers
Brendon

Smithy
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Just Yammies but I can find out as one guy went from Suzi to Yammie.

Lancair
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
As a side shift, but to prove a point re number of blades and inertia.
In light aircraft, with fixed pitch props (like our boats), 2 bladed props are generally have a higer cruise speed when compared to a 3 blade prop to suit the same motor and aircraft. However, if it's a quick takeoff and high rate of climb performance you desire, a 3 bladed wins. 4 blade fixed pitch props are seen only in unltralights with high rpm and slow speeds.

I say in light aircraft only, because airliner types that have props, have multi blades combined with variable pitch props and high power reduction gearboxes so they turn props at much lower rpm's but much higher blade pitch at cruise speed.

If only we could have variable pitch boat props that worked like an aircrafts. ie: prop maintains a set rpm as speed increases but increasing blade angle, so the engine rpm stays in the optimum range for best performace. Much like an auto transmission but fluid, no gear changes.

We can dream.

gofishin
12-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Just Yammies but I can find out as one guy went from Suzi to Yammie.
Hmmm, interesting Smithy. Were they older (2.0:1) Yams, or the newer 4.2L with 1.75:1? I know my mate's 4.2L clunks a lot with a big 4 blade without the SDS.
Cheers

Dicktracey
28-03-2013, 04:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/28/epuvuqy6.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/28/jery7e8y.jpg
Well she floats ;)
Everything I thought it would be in the end, few adjustments to do engine height ect, 587 holds reading at 38knts
Hds needs to drop a little.
Pulls like a 14year old with his first stuck book 5800 rom for 38knts 1 hole up and I reckon she will see 40knts and ill be happy.
Couldn't of knocked the smile off my face with a shovel even had 2 offers to swap boats today, caught up with hookworm as he was leaving Tangas all in all great day out with minimal things left to do other than head offshore
Stay tuned
Dick

Captain Seaweed
28-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi Dick,
Looks great mate!!!! you beat me by the way! Hey in the Furuno screen shot, is that bottom bar a show of what material bottom is? or something different? looks like rocks?

Cheers
Marty

Dicktracey
28-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi Dick,
Looks great mate!!!! you beat me by the way! Hey in the Furuno screen shot, is that bottom bar a show of what material bottom is? or something different? looks like rocks?

Cheers
Marty
Marty the new 587 has bottom identification, had it all in auto too much going on today, it was actually a wreck i wanted to check out in the bay ;)

Greg P
28-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice stuff DT. Love the rego # as well !!!!

thylacene
29-03-2013, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=gofishin;1463472]

Can’t help with full torque curves Thy, but at least the attached EPA data gives you some numbers to play with for these two donks.

Thank you for those numbers, confirms my "seat of pants" analysis. We cruise from 3500rpm to 4200 rpm generally being 16 to 24 knots, seldom have conditions that allow any faster with NMEA interface showing .6l/km consistently. Boat with a full tank of fuel is 1800kg plus whatever flesh we carry. Finally got some reasonable conditions, and saw 5800rpm at 38 knots, may have been a little more in it, but was as quick as I was prepared to go in conditions. Prop is 4 blade Solas, 15 1/4 x 20 with some cupping, as it exceeded max rpm initially, uses slightly more fuel than the three blade 15 x 21 at cruise, but the extra lift is the trade off, our hull is a little bum heavy with rear set fuel tank. Not certain about the accuracy of the NMEA fuel flow, but total consumption is within a couple of litres every time.

Cupped the 4blade rather than try another size coz I dinged it before testing was completed, and as that was the second one, it was an expensive hobby

Dicktracey
29-03-2013, 12:46 PM

RPM km/h Litres/h
1650 11 4
2000 12 6.5
3000 16 15
4000 41 22
5000 57 35
6150 74 64

Tenzing I tested The evo yesterday with the DF200 & 16"D x 18.5"P x 3B Stainless Prop, wasnt offshore but was across the bay to Tangas with a bit of wind chop, I too can not see cav plate, Hole shot was brillent nearly put daughter out of boat. Full rev range figures are on previous page.
I have crunched numbers on three different prop slip calculators and come up with .08-.0% prop slip accross rev range max rev 5800rpm
Taking in mind 3 on board 80l bait tank full 300L of Fuel onboard all safety gear ect.I reckon could easily lift up one hole but I think I will run Tank to empty to compare figures again.
Cheers
Dick

Dicktracey
08-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Well its been a ride to say the least so Ill try to bullit point the Out come,
Performance of Boat very Impressed.

Attention to detail of Finish & stainless work is worst than last Boat. "No cracks though"
Back up customer Service ? No comment.
Would i buy another ? Not if i had to pay full retail.

Coastal Powerboats was the best thing Evo had going for them So they dropped them as a Dealer.Go figure.
Cruiscraft Carried out a few minor manufacturing faults after another session of lets not respond to customer until they shout and scream.

As far as boats go its a great boat, based on the back up service its not enough for me to tell anyone to go buy one.

There is no comparrision between the 552 & the 600 Offshore The 600 goes 2.8T on trailer full of fuel no eskys.
Thanks for all the support through this sorry ordeal, I hope no body has to go through the sort of shit as I have.
This thread was based on facts of my actual situation, it would of been removed via legal means if it was not.
Stick to the facts & leave the emotion out of it,put a 24hr cooling off period on all your posts before spraying someone.

The Australian Boating industry all took notice of my story,I know this from the personal Phone conversations made to me as well as face to face conversations.
With all that behind us now I wish Evo all the Best & hope they can turn this whole thing around and learn from it.I doubt it though based on the lack of follow up given to me & lack of attention given to the new Boat.
Tight Lines
Dick

Chimo
08-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Hi Dick

Read the saga as it unfolded and I'm absolutely amazed by the reported actions or should I say lack of action to make you replacement boat the best they ever turned out.

Talk about an opportunity thrown away.

Then as you say, Coastal Powerboats are no longer a dealer carrying the Evo. Was it their choice to part ways (what dealer needs the headaches? ) or did Evo make the decision?

Either way, probably not a bad thing if fewer people are exposed to reliving your nightmare. Very sad state of affairs for the local frp and associated trades though.

Anyhoo enjoy what you have in the meantime

Cheers
Chimo

mull dog
08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Sorry you got a shit run DT. Unfortunately your not alone because I think that too many people in the industry in Australia just don't give a f&@k. Unless maybe you have your own tv show, it was all too hard for evolution because to them your a nobody. You were probably better off getting a boat from the states where customer service is a priority. Hopefully evolution and others will learn a lesson.

Redhunter
08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi mate, that is unbelievable, out of curiosity what made you pick glass over plate !

steve

bluefin59
08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
No bloody wonder these cowboys go broke and cry that they can't compete with all the imports that are coming in evo certainly don't rate with cruise craft or yalta as far as service goes from what I see from this debacle , sorry to here of your tale and at least coastal power boats came out smelling of roses ..Matt

Dicktracey
08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi mate, that is unbelievable, out of curiosity what made you pick glass over plate !

steve
Steve at the start of all this we only where chasing a 5.5m boat the 552 ticked all the boxes we wanted other than holding together !

Sorry you got a shit run DT. Unfortunately your not alone because I think that too many people in the industry in Australia just don't give a f&@k. Unless maybe you have your own tv show, it was all too hard for evolution because to them your a nobody. You were probably better off getting a boat from the states where customer service is a priority. Hopefully evolution and others will learn a lesson.

To be honest Dog The support i have received from other Australian Boat manufactures has given me faith in our local industry so i wouldn't write them off just yet.
Sure there is some deals to be had buying over seas I bet there are just as many horror stories that wont get posted up to save face.
It is true Evo had a perfect opportunity to cop it on the chin & then turn around a PR nightmare but chose not too,Yes you think it would not of left the factory with the faults it did.
Without a doubt I would purchase another boat from Costal power Boats Keiren was instrumental in the final out come of this.
In a perfect world Coastal would sell Cruisecraft ;)
So what we have now is what we have, everytime i look at the poor Stainless work on the Boat it will remind me of the whole sorry situation & piss poor customer service.
Dick

TREVELLY
10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi Richard,

Shame about the final outcome.

With the stainless is the problem the quality of the steel or the welds etc. Just wondering if the welds can be ground back, rewelded and the stainless polished. Bit of a hassle but doable if you want to keep and admire the boat.

Of course if the metal is rubbish that is a different story.

Good thing you got a solid hull though and happy with the performance.

EVO probably did the dealer a favour - hopefully the dealer gets a builder they will be pleased to represent.

Dicktracey
10-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Richard,

Shame about the final outcome.

With the stainless is the problem the quality of the steel or the welds etc. Just wondering if the welds can be ground back, rewelded and the stainless polished. Bit of a hassle but doable if you want to keep and admire the boat.

Of course if the metal is rubbish that is a different story.

Good thing you got a solid hull though and happy with the performance.

EVO probably did the dealer a favour - hopefully the dealer gets a builder they will be pleased to represent.

Just poor attention to Detail Trev with Stainless manufacturer, I will remove bow Rail and Evos Sikka one day Cut the end off so it fits Flush on Hull.
The response from Evo was send photos and we will look into it ! Who would of thought 3 months later no follow up call.
I now know after WWW coverage of their poor workmanship their quality control has tightened right up & apparently Sikka under a Joint is acceptable over workmanship.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/10/y6ana8yv.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/10/ju5ury6a.jpg

FisHard
11-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Took me a few seconds to see what you are talking about in those pictures, then - OMG! What's wrong with these people?
I guess it's time to take the EVO stickers off the side and just have a good life! I hope you pull plenty of big ones over the side to compensate for the rubbish you've had to deal with.

TREVELLY
11-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I see Dick.

Good thing the material seems sound - so it is a matter of repair rather than replace.

Can be made good with time and effort one step at a time.

And yes you should not have to be the one doing it but hey, like me you will find you have no choice if you want it as you want it.

First thing to do I agree 100% is remove the brand stickers - this I have found is good for karma ;)

One thing too I have found as a good idea is to in the meantime just look past or through some things as long as it is safe and serviceable. My boat has blisters along the sides under the rails - will fix one day but ignore them for now.

Enjoy the things you like about the boat Dick, it is a lump of offshore boat and should get you too some great places.

Good luck with it and just keep picking away at the things that need doing when time permits and eventually you will have a nearer perfect boat.

Some people do get exactly what they want but I think many too also keep to themselves the problems they have.

fisho8
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
All I can say is you have been nothing but a saint through this whole process Richard and have not lost your cool that sort if stuff just adds insult to injury but as you said is easily fixed was great to see Cruise Craft take the boat on and help you with a few things to well done to them great operation down there that is for sure which is why they are where they are today. EVO have a long way to go by the looks of things and it is good coastal powerboats have moved on from them aswell best they just stay in their own state and not bring their shit up here anyway because that is what it is as far as I am concerned. As they guys have said pull the stickers off and just enjoy it for what it is evo are the ones who are going to suffer after this mate for the suffering they put you through. I will never recommend them to anyone but will recommend coastal powerboats for what they did for you through this mess.

Cheers Mick.

ozynorts
29-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Page 90 of the latest trailer boat mag, second paragraph. I am not sure that most readers on here would agree with the sentiments of the article.

Dicktracey
30-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Page 90 of the latest trailer boat mag, second paragraph. I am not sure that most readers on here would agree with the sentiments of the article.
Come on Oz quote please ?

ozynorts
30-05-2013, 08:02 AM
It is an article on the 600 Apex Extreme written by John Willis.
"One thing you can definitely say about Evolution is that the company listens to the market and responds to it's demands, all without being too sensitive about it's product."
Just thought it was an interesting comment after reading about your dealings with them and how they responded. I recall that they appeared to be very sensitive in a post on here.
Just my personal opinion.

upstart
30-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I haven't read it but I'd doubt it's an article. Probably more of an advertorial.

Dicktracey
30-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Touch wood I have a trouble free run from here on in. As with my personal experience after sales warranty is a long and drawn out process.
Must be a Vic sensitivity thing.

mull dog
30-05-2013, 04:39 PM
I think we all hope so too DT

Jarrah Jack
30-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Must be a Vic sensitivity thing.

Sensitive!!!

Who you calling sensitive?? We're never sensitive so don't upset me...Sheesh :'(:'(:)

fisho8
30-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Bloody Mexicans they are an odd bunch....:P:P