PDA

View Full Version : Do you care about the fishing in Hervey Bay?

Bad_Bubby
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
An exciting new group has formed called the Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance:

Check out our page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FraserCoastFishingAlliance/

We need your support

Donkeyzmilk
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
it's asking me to become a member of FB and i already am!

Bad_Bubby
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Some more info for those interested:

The objects of the association are—
1. to further the interests of recreational fishing on the Fraser Coast;
2. to provide a single voice and forum for the recreational fishers and associated businesses and industries of the Fraser Coast;
3. to ensure that all levels of government and fisheries managers recognise that recreational fishing is the major stakeholder of inshore fisheries resources in Qld;
4. to ensure the Great Sandy Marine Park gains the recognition and protection it deserves with commercial netting to be removed from all current yellow conservations zones;
5. to support fair and appropriate compensation for all displaced or affected commercial fishing operators where there is fisheries resource allocation to the recreational fishing sector;
6. to make representation and submission to the Queensland Government, and other Governments, in the furtherance of these objects and for the benefit of recreational fishing on the Fraser Coast;

Donkeyzmilk
11-11-2012, 10:40 PM
ok got it, im onboard

Jeremy
12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
An exciting new group has formed called the Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance:

[/FONT]

Good luck to you mate, but really, how many different groups now claim to be the one group providing a single united voice for recreational fishing in Hervey Bay or Queensland or Australia. There are dozens of them. Why form a new one?

Bad_Bubby
13-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Who else is claiming to provide a single united voice for Hervey Bay? As far as I know the Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance is the only active group representing rec anglers.

There are alot of important issues on the near horizon like commercial netting in yellow conservation zones, and redirection of boat levy funds (among others!). It takes the support of many to make changes to poor rules and decision making. Sitting in the corner doesn't help! If you aren't convinced check out the facebook link and see the kind of support it is already getting.

krocspoon
13-11-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah yeah same old crew that were sunfish fraser coast! we get it( send money ). oh yeah we need the whole great sandy designated area a yellow zone, this includes the burrum, susan, mary, eliot and baffle. it would be 1 hook 1 line sorry not on my time

Bad_Bubby
13-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Great contribution! who else wants to see a world heritage area raped to oblivion by netting?

Slider
15-11-2012, 05:25 PM
This is a huge step in the right direction for the Fraser Coast region recreational fishery. The guys involved with this organisation are quality people who know what they are doing and with a network of equally skilled people from around the state supporting their cause. I'll be doing everything that I can to assist with the wheels already in motion and I'd encourage others to do the same.

Lots of things going on behind the scenes with some big names involved.

Lindsay Dines

PinHead
17-11-2012, 09:51 AM
the intentions may be good but there are some questions that need to be asked before anyone pays money and joins..the most important one is: Is this group an Incorpoarted Association? If not, anyone that pays money to join can be dicing with some serious legal problems if things go pear shaped.

Is there a consitution? If so where can it be perused?
Is there a managment committee?

YOu ask people to join and support a group with no details of protection etc ...perhaps a more detailed proposal for potential members should be forthcoming.

Bad_Bubby
18-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks Lindsay, gotta agree!

Pinhead- The short answer is yes, there is a management committee and constitution. The new committee was elected during the inception of the group some ten days ago. Copies of the new constitution have already been passed around our local member base. The team are creating a website as we speak where more info can be found in future. Understandably there is a teething period with these things.

For the cost of a lure it is a pretty good investment if you ask me...