PDA

View Full Version : Aquamaster Boats

Pete Makra
11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Guys, this is the best place I know to get advice on boats and I always learn something every time I log in. Seeking views on Aquamaster Boats from anyone who has one or has spent time in one. Looking at upgrading and have seen a few on the net that look quite OK. Particularly interested in advice on build quality, ride, stability at rest and whether they are an actual plate boat. If I buy something around the 4.6 mtr range, what size motor would suit.

My choices so far (in order of preference) have been narrowed down to either a seajay, trailcraft, quinnie, or allycraft in the 4.5 - 4.8 range and I'm just wondering if I should add Aquamaster to my research list. Any advice on Aquamasters (or any of my other choices) is appreciated. I mostly fish estuary & bays, with the occasional close offshore trip on good days, cheers.

ricehole23
11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
What style of boat R u after centre console, side console, tiller, cuddy?

Seahorse
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I got the seajay territory 455 with 50 four stroke. Love it

marto78
11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Have a 5.1m cc Aquamaster Abalone powered by a 90etec which has now done 470hrs and I cant fault the boat at all. The quality of workmanship on these boats is second to none and it was the quality of the welds that compared to the other brands I looked at the boat show swayed towards Aquamaster.

Pete Makra
12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
G'day Ricehole23, I'd like a centre console but the missus has some medical issues and needs a bit of privacy when we are out for the day, so I'm lookin at normal front steer 1/2 cab runabout. She likes fishin more than me (and I'm an addict) and I wanna keep it that way!!!
Cheers

Pete Makra
12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I got the seajay territory 455 with 50 four stroke. Love it
Yeah thanks Seahorse, my top pick at present is the seajay capri 455 but there ain't many used ones around. Hopefully because they are so good!!!

Pete Makra
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Have a 5.1m cc Aquamaster Abalone powered by a 90etec which has now done 470hrs and I cant fault the boat at all. The quality of workmanship on these boats is second to none and it was the quality of the welds that compared to the other brands I looked at the boat show swayed towards Aquamaster.
Thanks Marto78, are the aquamasters fully welded around the gunnels etc, unlike most of the others like quinnies etc

J2DAG83
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey Mate

i have a 4.1m open that paul (aquamaster) built for me about 10 years ago.... great boat, has taken me everywhere...

Mine was made prior to him going to the boat yards though so i'm not if things have changed at all now that he builds for them, when i got him to build mine i dealt directly with him.

Mine isn't fully welded around the gunnels but maybe that has changed in the newer ones.

Cheers

Jared

marto78
12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Marto78, are the aquamasters fully welded around the gunnels etc, unlike most of the others like quinnies etc

Mines fully welded around the gunnels and every where else that I have seen.

Beatsworkin2
12-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Pulled a motor off one the other week and was impressed with the build fully welded everywhere was very impressed I think there factory is near browns plains somewhere so if u were nearby u would be able to have to go and have a look at the build process good luck