PDA

View Full Version : Jurassics???

Back In Black
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Guys,
Has anyone heard of a spot on the Hards called Jurassics? Bloke told me about it yesterday, a lump coming up to 30m, small, big enough for 2 boats to fish, & the reason for the name is it holds monsters!
Funnily enough, he said once I track it down, give him a call with the coordinates???
Don't like his chances.
Not chasing marks, just confirmation this thing exists.
Thanks,
Tony

Zippidy
07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Not sure if this is the place you're talking about? I found these marks on another forum...

33.54.397s
137.19.088e

Zippidy
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.strikehook.com/forum/27-boat-fishing/152943-jurassic-park-gps-mark

Back In Black
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Zippidy,
Thanks for that mate, but what state is that in? No windfarms or oyster leases off Noosa.
Thanks,
Tony

wags on the water
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Not sure if this is the place you're talking about? I found these marks on another forum...

33.54.397s
137.19.088e

Might be a long drive from Noosa.....

Back In Black
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Boat only holds 480 litres!

honda900
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Tony,

Supposed to be 3 jurassic park marks.. one off noosa, one east of the cape moreton, not sure on the third.. I havent been to any of them so cant confirm..

Regards
Honda.

Smithy
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Yep Tony from Noosa Bluewater Charters before he sold it to Alex had a Jurrassic Park mark out at the Hards. From my understanding, he used a GPS book and the marks in his plotter were only a starter mark then he used the numbers in his book to get himself on the money. Only Tony would have it I would say. I doubt you will find any 30m country on the Hards, only the Banks. 53m or something is the shallowest on the Hards. There is the JP out the front of Moreton and I have been given 3 marks all for different bits on the shelf country off DI all called JP. Ed Falconer had his own JP up there he used to fish in his little boat before the big Keely Rose so I am guessing it is a bit closer in than those ones.

dayoo
08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Yep Tony from Noosa Bluewater Charters before he sold it to Alex had a Jurrassic Park mark out at the Hards. From my understanding, he used a GPS book and the marks in his plotter were only a starter mark then he used the numbers in his book to get himself on the money. Only Tony would have it I would say. I doubt you will find any 30m country on the Hards, only the Banks. 53m or something is the shallowest on the Hards. There is the JP out the front of Moreton and I have been given 3 marks all for different bits on the shelf country off DI all called JP. Ed Falconer had his own JP up there he used to fish in his little boat before the big Keely Rose so I am guessing it is a bit closer in than those ones.

Fished Ed Falconer's Jurrassic park with Ed and Frankie off Fraser Island about three years ago. Huge Hussar, Reds, Parrot, Nannys, Blue Moari Cod etc. Had tennis elbow for weeks after;D

Cheers
Barry

Cheers Barry

jelifish
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Did a trip with Ed on the old Keely Rose to JP. Filled up the ice box and more, didn't go close to our bag limit due to the size of the fish. It was ENE from the bar and a good hours run.