PDA

View Full Version : Tempress Highbacks, HELL YEAH! Pics of New Seats

scrotty
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey All, Just had first run with new Seats, there fantastic! Worth Every Cent! Highly Reccomended! Couple of Pics....Cheers

myusernam
04-11-2012, 05:58 PM
nice and i like the look of the boat. can I ask what type?

Boat Hog
04-11-2012, 06:06 PM
nice and i like the look of the boat. can I ask what type?

I would guess Striper 2301 or 2601 with the Alaska Pack.

Nice Seats too! What was on her before?

scrotty
05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey guys, Boat Hog is correct, Its a Striper 2301 Alaska Pack. I love it! The old seats were the standard Striper ones.

Moonlighter
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Scrotty

May I ask where you bought them from? Rough price?

Many thanks

ML

scrotty
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Gday ML, I got them through CoastInternational (Australia) I had to wait for months untill they were back in stock. They were around $240 each. The US was a bit cheaper but nobody had the color i wanted, just plain white. Cheers

SunnyCoastMark
05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Scrotty

May I ask where you bought them from? Rough price?

Many thanks

ML

yEAH - SECOND THAT. I need some new seats in my rig as well.

Mark

Moonlighter
05-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Gday ML, I got them through CoastInternational (Australia) I had to wait for months untill they were back in stock. They were around $240 each. The US was a bit cheaper but nobody had the color i wanted, just plain white. Cheers

Thanks for that Scrotty!

Mate also has a Striper 2301 and needs new seats, has been looking round and these look great.

I take it that they have enough clearance to swivel round etc and were straightforward to fit to the existing Striper swivel / slide bases?

Many thanks ML

Boat Hog
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
:laola:

Hey guys, Boat Hog is correct, Its a Striper 2301 Alaska Pack. I love it! The old seats were the standard Striper ones.

:laola:

You don't hear that very often so I thought I'd repeat it! ;D ;D ::) :D

PROS
05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Seats look great, enjoy.

If you can please post couple of pics of the underneath so can see how its attached to your boat and under the seat.

Moonlighter
05-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Seats look great, enjoy.

If you can please post couple of pics of the underneath so can see how its attached to your boat and under the seat.

Have a look at the pics here, shows underneath view nthe small pics below the main one. Looks like hey are pretty well universal fit.

http://www.coastinternational.com.au/products/Captains-Series-%252d-%22Elite%22-high-back-helm-seat-%28White%7B47%7DBlack-Piping%29.html

OPTI
06-11-2012, 06:04 AM
have a look at marine tec shock absorbing seat pedastals ,they make one to suit storage boxes best thing ive put in my boat

Moonlighter
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi Scrotty

Just a follow up and an big thank-you!

My mate bought a set of these seats and fitted them to his Seaswirl 2301. He got the charcoal grey versions.

We did the first trip offshore yesterday with them fitted, and man, are they great seats! Very comfortable, good back support, and nicely finished.

We were both very impressed, they seemed to help make the ride in the big Seaswirl even better! Very nice how they have the grab handles for #2 and 3 deckies moulded into the frame at the back, too. Overall, they worked perfectly and are a suitable, quality edition to an upmarket boat such as the Striper.

If i ever need to replace the seats in my Surtees, i will be getting these if they are available! At under $250 each, not that expensive for a seat of such high quality.

So thanks for your post about these new seats. Without you sharing the details we would never have found them. The are supposedly stocked by the likes of BIAS and BCF but i have never actually seen one in stock there or in their catalogue.

Cheers!

ML

scrotty
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Hey Moonlighter, They are sweet seats for the price! I tried my local BCF and gave up because they promised to get me a price and never got back to me! Suprise! Suprise! Glad you like em mate.... CHEERS