PDA

View Full Version : Haines Signature 600RF

MEG-A-BITE
02-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Been Looking at this boat,has anyone here owned used or know much about this boat.I have read a couple reviews and they all seem very good.Would just like to hear what current owners or people that have been out on them think. Boat is set up with a 150, 4 stroke Suzuki and in very good condition.Looks like a very good fishing platform.I was looking at boats all over the 6m mark, but this one seems to be a good option for family trips and offshore fishing

Thanks,

lethal
02-11-2012, 04:09 PM
i have a mate with a 600f with a 150 four stroke. The boat performs well with three blokes in it and he tells me it is pretty good on the fuel economy. I have a Haines Signature 520C with a 90hp 4 stroke suzuki (100l under floor fuel tank range is around 165km) and it suprises people how well it goes but the difference between my boat and my mates 600f was amazing. The extra length, beam and weight certainly makes a difference.

ozynorts
02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey Mega, is it this one?
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=13250133
I was looking at this one for a while. http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12974672 this one has been for sale for a while and it sounds like the bloke wants it gone.

MEG-A-BITE
02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Yep thats the one,went to look at it today.Its in immaculate condition.Just want to know more on how it would handle out wide.Looks like an awesome fishing boat.This is a little smaller than my last boat, so am a bit concerned about the way it will handle the conditions I sometimes fish in. I like the fact that the boat is foam filled.Think I may need to take it for a water test to see how it performs. Is that a 600C in your avatar?

ozynorts
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Nope it is a Yalta 555HC. I couldn't get the bank to play the game on the Sig. That boat in the Ad has a Zuke 140 on it, not a 150 but I guess you know that after looking at it today.
A water test for sure, that way you can get a feel for it.
Have fun
Ozy

Smithy
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
The blue one from Brisbane has certainly got all the fruit! I've always personally liked the Signatures and Seafarers as fishing boats. All you can do is go for a test drive and make sure the ergonomics of the helm are ok being a runabout that if it was rough and you had to stand up, that the wheel isn't too low like in all the little runabouts. Big glass ones may have the height and might totally different to little tinny ones. Also that the 140 has enough herbs but with a foil and tabs, I'd say old mate has got it just right. A mate runs a Mustang/Tournament 2000 with a 140 and it goes fine so similar size. Just make sure you can hit your 6,000rpm WOT with a reasonable load aboard.

MEG-A-BITE
03-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up Smithy,some good pointers to think about.Will let you all know how the test run goes.

madmackrel
03-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Wayne what happened to that trophy you were looking at?

bigjimg
03-11-2012, 12:29 PM
If the ride of the 600 is marginally better than the 580 then you will be more than happy.The bad habit of these hulls is in a following sea they will bury the bow.But like anything when you become acustomed to the hulls behaviour it will rarely occur.Not saying it will never occur but when it does it invigourates the senses i can assure you.And at any rate if the clears are fitted to the brow of the screen with a sail track then the water can never enter the cockpit.
The boat certainly looks the goods but.Jim

MEG-A-BITE
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Wayne what happened to that trophy you were looking at?

Mate the Dude importing the boat has too many excuses,the boat should have been here this month.Now only Jan next year.and he has changed the price as well so not holding my breath on that one.Been looking around locally and found this Haines.So going for a water test today.
Cheers

Pual44
03-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Another thing you might want to check out is how easy it is to anchor, if your that way incline.
I own a 610c Signature and it is impossible to drop and retreive the anchor without climbing out of the hatch onto the front deck. A reel pain in the ass and not an easy thing to do in a sea. Althought that electric anchor winch should make things a lot easier if anchoring.

Paul

MEG-A-BITE
04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
The water test on the 600RF was nothing more than surprising.Left Manly and out into a stiff 15-20 ESE.Bay was on top form.Had the front clears up to see how much water would make it over the bow.But not much at all very dry.
Well this boat really amazed me with its very soft ride, no matter which direction we went it was very good.Even so much to say better than my Whitley.3 was in the same conditions.The 140 Suzuki went very well and with the trim tabs you able to trim the boat up for the best ride. So very impressed indeed by the 600RF.Now to make the big decision on which boat to go for.Going for one more water test on a Sea Fox 6.5. Then to make the choice.
Cheers

Smithy
04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Sounds good Mark. I had a feeling you might come to that conclusion, that a well designed fishing boat brand might ride better than a cruising brand. Neve been out in a Whitley to know for sure. When the chips are down the Signatures will plane at low speeds too, especially that one with a foil and tabs. How was the driving position? Seafox are a Hyundai brand of US boat. I'd say stick to the top brands that sell well over here for resale. That said, seatrial it and make your own mind up. Got a mate with a 21' Trophy at the moment and he is bringing in another one by the end of the year. It could be available if you are wanting to wait and go that way. It has a 150 Opti and he has just had the steering changed to hydraulic. He got it for a bargain so if you got it off him for a fair price you would be miles in front.

propdinger
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
i had the older 1984 sig 650f with a 200hp suzuki and it was a good hull once we fitted trim tabs and good clears (for winter and at night) only thing i wish i had done to it was a winch cause anchoring was a pain but i see the blue one has one already. just trim them well and you will have a great ride also mine had the inbuilt fuel tank and the lid was screwed down so had to keep a eye on the seal (used sicka flex in the end) so no water gets in.

Redrocks
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
If the ride of the 600 is marginally better than the 580 then you will be more than happy.The bad habit of these hulls is in a following sea they will bury the bow.But like anything when you become acustomed to the hulls behaviour it will rarely occur.Not saying it will never occur but when it does it invigourates the senses i can assure you.And at any rate if the clears are fitted to the brow of the screen with a sail track then the water can never enter the cockpit.
The boat certainly looks the goods but.Jim

Hi Mega,
Couldn't have said it better myself. I "submarined" mine one day coming home without clears up and the wall of water missed me mostly because I ducked. My young bloke, who was asleep on the floor behind me woke up with a start though and looked like a drowned rat when he stood up. Not fun for a 7 year old.

Problems I had:
- the panel inserts I found to be a pain when wanting to do anything
- I really struggled to get a picture on the sounder at speed in anything but millpond conditions (there is a strake that ends halfway along the hull in front of where the transducer is on yours). I was running Raymarine P66 with no luck.
- the carpet on mine was decaying a bit and used to leave fine sandy grit after a day out fishing.
- they are flighty without tabs, problem solved for you though
- I disliked how the seat would dig into the back of my legs when standing at the helm traveling. I could not get a comfy position sorted and rarely sat down as it was rarely smooth enough.

Positives:
- I never had to take fuel on deck because of the large tank, I fished 30 - 60 Nm off shore.
- I prefer the anchoring set up compared to the 600F as it is all at a good height and no hatch to come up through.
- fishing room
- in floor kill pen
- economy and ride
- ability to "drive off" trailer solo due to the hatch (Missus couldn't drive boat or unhook)

Good luck with it,
Brett

MEG-A-BITE
05-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the information.Will have to see what the Sea fox is like.Smithy i have looked at the Trophy and been on one before.Good boat,soft ride, but has very little space for fishing.Also not keen on the live bait tank location.The new Sea fox is a much better boat than the pre 2006 models,they were really crap.I have a mate that has one and he loves it.So will have to make a choice once I have done the water test.

Scott79
11-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Any news mate?

NTMID8
11-11-2012, 08:47 PM
The boat is no longer available on boatsales so my guess is he bought it.

MEG-A-BITE
13-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the late reply,no i did not go with the Haines,only reason was not a big enough cabin.Mrs and kids needed a bigger cabin.But who ever bought it got a very good boat. I'm going to go with the Sea Fox its a bit bigger @ 6.5 21.6 and is also a walk around.The ride on the Sea Fox was also very good.
Cheers

Scott79
13-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Good stuff mate, hope it goes well.