PDA

View Full Version : 560 sharkcat trailer and stainless brakes

CATchin'Em
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I have finally saved enough money to replace my trailer and lucky too as was waiting for it to brake.
wondering if anyone knows of anyone that builds a trailer to suit 560 series sharkcat.
also wondering if anyone knows about stainless trailer rotors and brakes
any info is appreciated

wrxhoon
02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
The best trailer boat brakes are Kodiak S/S with vented rotors.
I will have a set to suit 4 wheels for sale in the next couple weeks, 4 SS rotors, 4 SS calipers and 4 SS brackets, they are used but still work as good as when they were new . I will also have a Dexter 1600 PSI actuator to suit . If you are keen pm or email wrxhoon@yahoo.com to discuss .

Moonlighter
02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Have a look at "Trojan" trailer parts, google them. I have their SS calipers on my trailer, 3 years, still perfect, we removed and checked them 6 months ago, simply put them back together and bled them, was all.

Go to a supplier rather thn thru Repco, as they have too big markup.

Smithy
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Richie Freeman one of the local spanner crabbers here has a SS trailer under his 18' SC. Looks to be a home made job though. He could fill you in. Did see a brand new 2300NC on a boat transporter this afternoon outside the marina with what looked like a SS tri axle job with Alko torsion bar suspension. Looked to be a normal Sealink or similar but in SS. I'm with WRX though, I think the Yanks have it pegged with their running gear. Never talked to anyone first hand though who has tried the Bainbridge braking system though if they still exist.

Richie's website below. Worth a read. He loves his 18'er. Some good pics too.

http://aloneatseaphotography.com.au/8229

FisHard
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Loved the write up about the 5.6m Sharkcat on that website Smithy!

Gon Fishun
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Richie Freeman one of the local spanner crabbers here has a SS trailer under his 18' SC. Looks to be a home made job though. He could fill you in. Did see a brand new 2300NC on a boat transporter this afternoon outside the marina with what looked like a SS tri axle job with Alko torsion bar suspension. Looked to be a normal Sealink or similar but in SS. I'm with WRX though, I think the Yanks have it pegged with their running gear. Never talked to anyone first hand though who has tried the Bainbridge braking system though if they still exist.

Richie's website below. Worth a read. He loves his 18'er. Some good pics too.

http://aloneatseaphotography.com.au/8229

Absolutely speechless. Wot a read.
PS. not finished yet, eyes are tired.

Noelm
05-11-2012, 10:08 AM
almost anyone could build you a Sharkcat trailer, they are simple, plenty of info about SS brakes on the interweb!

Jarrah Jack
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Wonderful read Smithy, many thanks.

sharkcat 23
20-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey Noelm,
Would you have any trailer plans lying about to suit a 23ft sharkcat, I plan to start on mine after xmas when I'm home
Thanks Doug

Noelm
20-11-2012, 02:21 PM
no, never had any plans, I just either made it up as I went, or took measurements off an old trailer.