PDA

View Full Version : Weather report??

OZ 640
02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,
Where do you turn to for your wind and weather reports.
I am alsways looking at BOM and Seabreeze. Is there a better site?
What about water temp reading? Where would you look for the warm water current off Moreton Island.
Looking to do my first trip to Moreton tomorrow and stay on the boat overnight.
Want to make sure the weather reports i am checking are the most reliable.
Cheers in advance.
Oz

2IC
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Mate have a look at Bouy Weather as well,, you can put in GPS marks & get wind & swell for that area ,,but you might have to become a member of bouy weatherfor this to happen

Cheers bill

Mrs Ronnie H
02-11-2012, 01:58 PM
He He
Best way to sort weather--- Monday to Friday Calm and sunny.
Saturday and Sunday- Blowing a gale and stormy-- easy to check weather

:)Mrs H.

Timfishin4fun
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Imos ocean current for sea temps and currents.

Use all the typicals for wind Bom, Bom marine wind forecast chart, willy weather seabreeze and buoy weather.

Use the wave moinitoring site for up to date swell size and direction and closeness.

Hope this helps.

Timbo

MudRiverDan
02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
There is an smart phone ap called pocket weather, and it has just upgraded to a new version called Weather Au.

The weather comes from BOM, your not going to get anything better than that as all these sites simply use BOM data.

Weather Au is good because you will always have it on you and it updates every 20 minutes or so.

I rate it 9 out of 10.

Dan

MudRiverDan
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
He He
Best way to sort weather--- Monday to Friday Calm and sunny.
Saturday and Sunday- Blowing a gale and stormy-- easy to check weather

:)Mrs H.

Ha, so strange but I feel that way myself, and have heard others say the same.
SEQ land of the windy weekends?

Smithy
02-11-2012, 08:16 PM
At the end of the day I have to go with BOM as it is the official government weather model but sometimes it is pretty much ad Seabreeze to BOM and divide by two and it is somewhere close. I like Seabreeze for ease of getting a big amount of data in a graphical form real quick without reading the forecast like BOM. I talk to Brownie from time to time and his take on it is this. Seabreeze etc. use the US NOAA or whatever it is weather model for their predictions. The BOM use 7 or so weather models to come up with their forecast and he feels they are more on the money.

no chicken tonight
05-11-2012, 06:22 AM
As all have said, BOM and Seabreeze. I have found seabreeze to be surprisingly accurate if you add 5knots to all their predicted winds.