PDA

View Full Version : Re-build of a 1650 Bullet boat

sharkcat one
30-10-2012, 08:32 PM
My name is Scott and I own Attack Boats, when I get board I will go out and find a boat and turn it into a bass boat for something to do . I have done a number of rebuilds in the past , but a friend of mine said I should put put it up on the forums , to show people what can be done with piles of junk.

OK, - this is a 1650 bullet , it caught on fire and the deck is burnt and some of the floor, but the transom is fine and the hull just needs some small repairs done on it. Motor will go into the bin.

I have now cut the deck off and have started to clean all the burnt fibreglass from the boat.
So this boat will end up having 2 to 3 seats, rear casting platform with live well under floor fitted with flow rite systems, foreward casting deck with carpeted lockers under for storage, single helm station, under floor rod locker, bow mount 24v trolling motor, sounders and gps. It used to have a 150 merc. on the back , still unsure whether to go with a 150hp or bring it back to a 125hp.

Some people think I'm nuts for even thinking of doing this.

These photo's where taken with my work phone , I will take some more with a camera next time.

cheers .
Scott

Si
30-10-2012, 09:34 PM
thats a fair bit of work although i think she would come up real nice as a customised bass boat. would be great to see it unfold and see progressive photos of the rebuild. thanks for posting.

cheers

nigelr
31-10-2012, 06:32 AM
As above, can't wait to see how it progresses!

TREVELLY
31-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Good one putting it up.

One to follow.

Nice lines on the hull - certainly will be a bullet.

matt fraser
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Should be a good thread, looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Matt

sharkcat one
12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi Guy's

Had some spare time over the last week or two .
All of the burnt fibreglass has been removed as well as the floor.
86022 The transom looked semi ok , but I thought it would be best that I replace the transom . The stringers are in excellent condition, just removed the glass 86021from the stringers and will glass over them again. As you can see in the photo's new ply is in the transom and boat is starting to look like a boat again.

Cheers
Scott

Si
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi Guy's

86022 The transom looked semi ok , but I thought it would be best that I replace the transom . The stringers are in excellent condition, just removed the glass 86021from the stringers and will glass over them again. As you can see in the photo's new ply is in the transom and boat is starting to look like a boat again.

Cheers
Scott
you need to 'go advanced' reply, then manage attachments to show attachments properly. The attachments wont open.

sharkcat one
12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Guy's

The transom looked semi ok , but I thought it would be best that I replace the transom . The stringers are in excellent condition, just removed the glass from the stringers and will glass over them again. As you can see in the photo's new ply is in the transom and boat is starting to look like a boat again.
Thanks for the tip on posting photo's

Cheers
Scott