PDA

View Full Version : borumba dam how is it ??

BARRAkid
29-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi fellas just wondering if anyone has fished borumba dam in the last month? My self the missus and a few mates are planing on heading there this weekend to chase a few bass and toga and maybe sink a few pots for some red claw... Has anyone been trying for red claw recently? We went there a few months back and got a few 40ish in 3 days but it was a long weekend and the dam was packed with pot after pot around the basin.. Also any lures that you think seem to be working well at the moment ? i usually use spinner baits and repala skitter pops which do alrite at times
any help would be great
cheers scott ;D

aussie_stu
29-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey buddy, I can't help with a report, but would really appreciate it if you could whack up a report after your trip. Thinking o getting up that way over the next few weeks.

BARRAkid
29-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Will do mate, ill let ya know how i go
cheers scott

Frank OO
30-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi Scott,
We fished the dam last Friday and Saturday.
4 x Redclaw
1 x Bass 35cms
1 x Saratoga 91Cms

Frank OO

Apollo
30-10-2012, 06:09 AM
We did a fly comp there a few weeks back and the toga were very flighty. We could spot them, but even a well presented fly spooked them. Others on lures found it very patchy as well.

kizza1
30-10-2012, 03:51 PM
i was there saturday and had 16 pots out. we had rockmelon, mullet, potatoe and lamb. they were set from 1.5m-8m and both weedy and rock bottom.
we ended up with 4 redclaw out of 16 pots. also 2 bony bream and 4 shrimp. baits hardly touched.
i am just about to head back up to pick the pots up after being in for 3 days. hopefully there might be something in them this time.
i think your best bet for fishing wold be to try live shrimp or try fish from the bank below the wall.
i have heard much better reports from somerset.

Mike Delisser
30-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi Scott,
We fished the dam last Friday and Saturday.
4 x Redclaw
1 x Bass 35cms
1 x Saratoga 91Cms

Frank OO

That's a bloody nice toga Frank.

I was at Borumba last w/e to help weigh in the fish for the "Lions Family Fishing Classic". The dam was only fishing average for bass and yellas though several toga were caught. Redclawing was tough.
Myself and a mate fished quite hard with blades for a just couple of hours, siting over a small school and jigging non stop. We're a long way up the Kingham arm. We only got 3 bites for 3 fish, good ones though (46,48,& 50) but that was all. Most of the guys in the comp that did ok were using live shrimp but the size was fair.

85590 85591

kizza1
31-10-2012, 08:17 AM
well we got back about 9 last night from checking the pots. unfortunately about 6 of them had been raided (zipties cut).
these were ones that were hidden in a little cove. so i would suggest putting your pots more in the open.

ended up with about 30ish redclaw for 16pots(well 10 that werent raided) the biggest was 27cm.
found that under 4m and rocky bottom was the best. Also it seemed to be better the closer we were to the boat ramp (within 4-500m of the ramp).
as for bait everything worked fairly equally.
also while sounding around we found a number of fish sitting on the steep drop off out 45degrees to the left of the ramp on the opposite bank. not sure if theyll still be there but it gives you a starting point.

BARRAkid
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
didnt do to well fellas only managed about 20 red claw and zero fish but we didnt do much fishing, mostly drinking

bigmac87
15-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Are you allowed to ski/scurf in Borumba dam?