PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 1750 windscreen options

keen_angler
29-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I am looking at purchasing a 2nd hand 1750 Tournament and have a little issue of parking the boat because of the height.

Just want ideas or thoughts to what I am thinking of doing.

The boat is about 150mm to high, so I was thinking of having the windscreen hinged so that I can pull it back to the back of the boat for storage this would give me more than enough room.

Does anyone have any other options that I could look into, I would need to get this done professionally as I just wouldn't be confident enough that I would be doing the job correctly.

Micadogs
29-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Is it just the doorway that is the issue or the whole storage area??

If only the entry and wWithout knowing what your access is, would it be better to modify the entry way. Go for a panel door instead of a roller door? That would save close to 150mm.

If it is a shed only, can you relace the door with a larger one? Can you lift the whole shed by 150mm and then fill in the bottom with panels??

Instead of having a folding windscreen, could you get a replacement windscreen 150mm lower in height and if you use clears have them made longer for complete protection?

Finally, I have seen folding windscreens on boats. You would need to do a search on google and have a chat about options.

Cheers Adam

Still_Dreamin
29-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I have a tournament 1750 and all i have to do is lower the bimini to get it in the roller door. Except that one time i forgot when taking it out.....ouch ! Is your opening standard height? Great boat by the way.

tenzing
29-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Put a second jockey wheel further back on the trailer. You should be able to lower it until the front of trailer is nearly on the ground, that will save you a few inces at least.
Brendan

WalrusLike
30-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Or a low dolly in the shed that the trailer is lowered to by jack. Then wheel the kneeling trailer in.

Tangles
30-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Put a second jockey wheel further back on the trailer. You should be able to lower it until the front of trailer is nearly on the ground, that will save you a few inces at least.
Brendan

This is what i do and works a treat, also see if you have rollers whether you can lift it up as well

Mike

keen_angler
30-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks all for the ideas, I never would have thought about some of them.

I remeasured my opening and all I have is 2050, realistically how much do you think I would be able to lower the boat for it to fit.

My problem is if it can't fit, I can't get the boat so I am willing to go that little bit extra to make it fit.

ozynorts
30-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Are you able to get a low trolley and put it under the ball coupling and roll it back in like that? It would allow you to get it a lot lower but the ass of the boat would be higher and any water wouldn't be able to run out. Are you able to raise it back up once it is in?

keen_angler
30-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, once the boat is in I would be able to raise it to full height

ozynorts
30-10-2012, 10:17 AM
A piece of structural ply, 4 heavy duty castor wheels and away you go!

upstart
30-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Flatten the tyres right down too to gain a couple of inches.

keen_angler
30-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks, great suggestions looks like I will be getting it after all.

Moonlighter
30-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Do you have a roller door? If so, you will be able to disengage the door and lift it a bit higher. That's what I do, it gives you a further 100mm clearance to the barge board above the door.

Cheers

ML