PDA

View Full Version : Long Boat Question and Price????

Spear Mad
28-10-2012, 11:59 AM
This is my first post and have too say it looks like a great site:). Anyway Im looking at buying a 22 Foot long boat for $20 000.00. Only problem is I can not find what brand it is. Ive looked all over the boat but nothing no name or brand on it. Old mate who owns it said he brought it from a Cairns boat shop 3 years ago and had to insure it as a custom made boat as they could not find the brand name. So my question is dos anyone know what make it could be and are they any good and is this good buying?
Boat details:
- 22 foot
- Guessing boat and motor same age 2004
- 75 2 stoke tohatsu
- Has all the gear sounder, gps, radios, anchor winch, live bait, fresh water hose, flush decks, 120lt under floor tank, C/C, safety gear, bimi cover, tandum trail bla bla
bla.

Any feedback would be great as Im unsure of a NO NAME boat.

Thank you,

iricangi
28-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Looks like a nice boat. I can't offer too much help but I had a boat with a very similar shape a few years back. Mine was more ghetto but it was one of the best boats I've ridden in for an incoming swell. Didn't particularly like a following swell so maybe do a watertest with those conditions. Mine was a "Barracuda" if memory servers correct. Very similar hull shape just far more ghetto. I had a 90 Yammy 4str on it and it flew, very very economical hull.

firecat150hp
28-10-2012, 01:33 PM
ID on rear quarter shows Seabrake 22.
May be a model from one of these.........

Goodwin, Southwind, Yamaha, Angler, Bestyear or Stinger

All have a 'Longboat' model.

Regards Steve

yamp
28-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I think I remember reading about a cairns made brand (tafline)

Badone
28-10-2012, 05:24 PM
It's NOT a Southwind if that helps.

rocklobster
28-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Looked like it said seastrike and does ressemble the photos i googled on the Hull Truth . It may be an imported American boat . I did have a UB22 Yamaha long boat and it was great. Buy either one of those or a Goodwin . The Yamaha ones were a little rough but very good boats if you like the elements . There is an 8 meter one here in Rockhampton for sale if you are interested

honda900
29-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Try googling SeaStrike, looks like the same type of fibreglass CC.

Regards
HOnda.

Chang Jiang
30-10-2012, 02:42 PM
A boat builder in Fiji was building a 22 and a 26 when is was called a sea strike 22 it was sent to US and when it was an ocean strike 22 it went to Dubai. Looks very much like one, the lads where doing a prety good FRP job, i gather they just flopped a mould of a US product.

wirlybird
30-10-2012, 06:49 PM
dirt cheap ones on ebay at the moment and they are brand new

and im pretty sure that says seabroke