PDA

View Full Version : BCF CLEVELAND - First Impressions

ThePinkPanther
27-10-2012, 02:03 PM
A rippa store!

Humungous size and jam packed with every goody you can think of!

There were a zillion staff members there for the first day - as expected - though I would be a bit worried about the number of "younguns" around but nonetheless there were quite a few seasoned old guys who seemed to know their stuff!

The best deal I could find was on crab pots. You can get four (4) of the heavy duty collapsable ones plus the floats, ropes (bit short) and a bait hanger all for $80.00!

Tweed Bait was a murderpus price with a very small bag of green prawns selling for six bucks!

Likewise, the various styles of Eskies seemed exceptionally pricey but not having bought one for yonks, maybe this is just the norm .........?

As the store was chock a block with customers I didn't hang around too long but my initial assessment would be that nothing is going to be cheap but certainly no complaints on the first day's service and the amount of stuff on display.

Will go back week when there are fewer guys shopping and less staff and have a good poke around.

Re Mosssops closing down possibility, it has to be when and not if! Dreadful service as always, fresh bait almost non existant - all frozen - and a general don't care attitude from the guys running the place.

I know the are some pretty strong supporters of this place but I have seen the changes over the years from the original Budds Bait 'n Tackle to the present day establishment and can't see how they can possibly compete with BCF.

Were they to get their act together and concentrate on good quality fresh bait, all at reasonable prices, ensure it is always in stock and give up their crazily expensive rod repairs, maybe they would have a chance but at present I doubt it!

netmaker
27-10-2012, 02:27 PM
yep, definately bigger and better than capalaba. plenty of people there. some bloke hit me with a spool of mono (thanks tropicrows) and also ran into tangles and bec. tangles had obviously just arrived as his arms were empty. also took advantage of the number of cars in the lot and distributed another heap of flyers under wipers and left a pile on their counter.

charleville
27-10-2012, 02:30 PM
there were quite a few seasoned old guys

Does that mean that they were:-

(a) salty?

(b) that their language was peppery?

(c) or that they were just stuffed?

;D

netmaker
27-10-2012, 02:50 PM
i didn't see any old salts myself (except bruce and mike;)) but then i wasn't looking for them either.

PinHead
27-10-2012, 02:53 PM
yep, definately bigger and better than capalaba. plenty of people there. some bloke hit me with a spool of mono (thanks tropicrows) and also ran into tangles and bec. tangles had obviously just arrived as his arms were empty. also took advantage of the number of cars in the lot and distributed another heap of flyers under wipers and left a pile on their counter.

haha..that is the tangles method of shopping..no arms are big enough..no trolley is big enough..he just writes a list as he meanders through the aisles..then gives them the list at the checkout. The pantech would be waiting around the back to load it all into.

thelump
28-10-2012, 07:09 PM

That wouldnt be hard. The worst BCF I have ever been to. The cleveland one looks good at the moment we will see how it fairs in time.