PDA

View Full Version : Barra at Gladstone

clevelandv8
26-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Pretty keen to catch a few barra but being boatless was told my best bet was to hit around any bridge around Gladstone this week?? Anyone have any comments as its a few hours drive but I'm keen as mustard!!! Tips welcome also via pm!!
Mick

wags on the water
26-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Try near the powerstation, both sides of the river.

clevelandv8
27-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks mate! Anyone else?

Rip it up
27-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Hot water outlet at top of the tide is the easy pick. Always people there. Always fish.

clevelandv8
28-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Could you help out with a map mate? Thanks heaps!

wags on the water
28-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Drive to powerstation, turn left after powerstation, but before bridge, follow track to hot water outlet.
Drive to powerstation and cross bridge then immediately turn right and follow track to river.

From the marina or city head north towards Yarwun. Powerstation is signposted.

I take it you are in Gladstone? If so, call in to Tackleworld and ask them to draw you a mudmap.

Bros
28-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Go along Hansen Road towards the power station then when you are opposite the power station you will see a road veering off to the left take this and you will go downhill and about 150 m down the road veers to the left keep going around and take the second exit to the right. If you go to far you will end up at the power station gate just make a u turn into the other lane and it is then first exit on the left. Its a dirt track to the outlet.
I didn't reply as I have no idea how it fishes in the summer but in winter it is pretty good for barra.

clevelandv8
28-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Cheers guys I'm about 3 hrs away but have time and ute will post how I go if I make it there.
Mick

macka17
02-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi.
While up there go to Awoonga.
Down by the rangers hut.
Walk the beach area.
Also go through van park and down steep bank to water.
I've had a coupla nice ones there with poppers. early.

Also. along road to Barby area. and fish there Mate had an over 20kg one there last month.
Hot day. Nobody there just after dusk. on a popper\Surface skimmer.. By the little sticky twigs on r hand side of front.

I often go there in boat by myself. But not this month. Off to Thailand tomorrow til 29th.
Send me an IM later in month.
Maybe we can tie up a trip. If you don't mind an old fart... I don't mind the company occasionally..

Macka

Bouttime
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Closed season for barra now so only able to target barra in the dam.