PDA

View Full Version : BCF CLEVELAND - Opening date!

ThePinkPanther
26-10-2012, 08:33 AM
This Saturday 27th. As you come down the hill down towards the top of the shopping centre strip from KFC, Sizzlers etc. it is on the left hand side on the corner AFTER the Maccas street. You couldn't miss it right on the main road - huge building!

Lets hope the service is as good as the location!

If I walk in and find a gang of eighteen year olds as shop assistants I'll scream!

stumbles
26-10-2012, 09:20 AM
If I walk in and find a gang of eighteen year olds as shop assistants I'll scream!

Good luck with that. lol

tropicrows
26-10-2012, 09:25 AM
I'll be down at Mitre10 getting some paint they have a 20% off all paint, so I'll see if BCF have any specials on trolling rods.

Argle
26-10-2012, 12:23 PM

I will pop my earplugs in now then shall I?

Cheers

Horse
26-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Lets hope the service is as good as the location!

BCF has a number of good fishos on the books at each store but you are just as likely to cop a smart arse kid with no actual experience. I wonder how long the Mossops up the road will keep its doors open?

Lordspink
26-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Was in at mossops the other day, they are closing the gabba store and moving all there gear to the cleveland store

Tangles
26-10-2012, 10:00 PM
how long since you've been fishing Muddy?

Muddy Toes
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
A thread about a new tackle store opening and low and behold Tangles shows up......well I'll be damned!!!

17 days mate........too long.

Tangles
26-10-2012, 11:33 PM
you tragic!

OODIES
26-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Was in at mossops the other day, they are closing the gabba store and moving all there gear to the cleveland store

Lordspink

If that is the case, then At least they will be closer to the water, however I question the timing with BCF comming, Brad must be going to have some great deals to compete with BCF, although I would more often then not take advice from Mossops over BCF..

BINGO

Horse
27-10-2012, 07:46 AM
If thats their plan then I have no doubt that in 12 months they will be just another memory like most of the other independants

Lordspink
27-10-2012, 08:36 AM
They have a lot better selection on bait, but it's gonna be hard keeping up with all the other gear

Lordspink
27-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Hard to tell plenty of 18 year olds but some old hands to, I think they had about 10+ staff, time will tell

tropicrows
29-10-2012, 08:24 AM
10 + staff for the first day, give a week or two and it will be down to 2 or 3. Talked to a couple of staff but they had no idea what I was chasing, anyway the store is big with plenty of stock. I think Mossops will have a hard time competing on price and have no chance on range, time will tell.

stumbles
29-10-2012, 09:15 AM
yeh i went in today, once guy was really cluey on boat stuff another young guy i spoke to hardly knew his name.

Great store though.

thelump
29-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Mossops might go OK if they bring the Gabba store to Cleveland. Will be better than what they have there now which is 3/5 of F%$#all. There is nothing in that shop and what is there is very expensive. We'll see how they fare.

Jeff72
31-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Will check out this week. Got to be better than bcf Capalaba which has been a joke for years. The old thomsons/bursons store is a good size so lets hope they keep it full?! I also see that camping solutions has moved from the top of the hill into the OLD nu bolt/hose shed. Seems everything that goes in there dies. Good luck to them against the big giants. I often use them for repairs and sewing up gear which of course the big camping supermarket wouldn't dream of doing.

stumbles
31-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I found Camping Solutions by accident went I was looking at boats next door, they were really helpful and pricing seemed reasonable.