PDA

View Full Version : Personalised boat rego...

wayno60
22-10-2012, 08:20 PM
did we know we could do that????

I didnt till this afternoon. went down to main roads to rego the big tinnie and i asked what was my new rego going to be, she told me VM blar blar blar Q then she offered to change it if i liked, so if you see WK196Q That'll be me.

bigjimg
22-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah mate all you have to do is ask.Mine is HS 580 Q.You'll work it out.Jim

Mrs Ronnie H
22-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi
Our boat has personalised rego. RH442Q. The place we bought it had it done and surprised me.

Great I reckon.

Mrs H.

Muddy Toes
22-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I hate hearing that Wayno!!!
When I went to register my boat for the first time in Australia I asked about getting personalised rego for my boat and was promptly told that I couldn't which I responded by asking why places like Wynnum Marine got to have their own rego and I even asked why Ern Grant got to choose his as well to which the polite young lady responded by telling me "well your hardly Ern Grant are you now".
Oh well, dems de breaks I guess.....good going mate.

Moonlighter
22-10-2012, 10:23 PM
The deal is that you can get any number in Qld provided it has not been used/issued before to anyone, ever, and it has to be:

Two letters, followed by 3 numbers, followed by the letter Q.

You can even reserve a couple of numbers for a few months.

Free, too.

But the main catch is that many of the Transport customer service staff on the desk don't know about this or how to do it, so you need to be patient and persistent!

mL

Mike Delisser
22-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Spot on Moonlight, it's been available like that for years now. I do like the way they do it in NSW though, you can have any (unsued) word you like as long as it ends in the letter "N". I've seen BASSIN, SMOKIN, WEAR IT N, CRACKIN ect ect. If we had that system in Qld all I could think of that ends in the letter "Q" would FAR-Q, but I don't think my missus would like that on the side of my boat.
Cheers

fish'n'chippy
23-10-2012, 04:44 AM
i had some spare time the a couple of weeks ago, so went and got the rego bit done for the new toy
GR175Q (boat's a 175 sportfish)

i think it depends on where you go and the person you get. i have had other 'personalised' numbers on other boats before, and have also been flat out refused (even though i knew it could be done)

Helensvale branch for me have been good to deal with.

G

Spaniard_King
23-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Yep I have and Edencraft 600 OFFSHORE so I got ED600Q :) back in 2007 too

Apollo
23-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeap, I booked mine in advance before I brought the Key West 176 over. I tried for KW176Q, but it wasn't available, so ended up with KW987Q. When the boat arrived, I filled in the rego forms with the booked number and it became so.

propdinger
23-10-2012, 06:25 AM
i got personalized rego for the boat over 12 years ago the lady behind the desk asked me if i wanted my initials and what number i wanted (took 3 goes but i got one that wasn't taken)

Noelm
23-10-2012, 10:15 AM
been going on here for years and years, my mate has SHARKIN (shark fisherman) and there is BRIMMIN (bream guy) FISHIN (self expalanatory) MARLIN again simple, the only requirements are must end in N and be no more than 7 characters.