PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance advise needed Urgently

craigatcee
22-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks Ausfish for my Stickers , they're on my boat so I guess Im in the club.

Guys I just went to the Speedy Cash place and a Elite-5x DSI is join for roughly $450. Is this a good deal And what components am I expected to see in the box other than the unit(screen) itself and the Transducer....??? Is this only for fresh water?? Dumb questions i know but any Rapid replies would be appreciated before it sells.

Chamelion
22-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Good price.. Ducer, unit and mount is all that you need.

You can use it in any form of water you like.. It'll just work deeper in the fresh (but not an issue unless you intend to use it offshore) and the picture will display more clearly if the water is calm. In chop the tree you're over might look more like a squiggly mess.

Matt.

Lightly Toasted
22-10-2012, 08:26 PM
I have the Elite 5 DSI GPS combo, good little unit.

I use it offshore + estuary fishing, it's great for picking up detail in wrecks.

But I do agree with Matt, it will work way better in the fresh. Offers way more detail.

Rob.

Chamelion
22-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I have the Elite 5... Hoping to switch it out to the Elite 5 DSI when I can find one second hand.

Angryant
22-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I know I am stating the obvious but don't forget the power cable as well.

craigatcee
23-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey wicked guys, Ill go and get it today.So I can then just go and get another plotter unit (Lowrance) and it will need another transducer ?? true??. I seeemed to remember a black box to be installed?Is this for the Gen 2 ?

llourd
23-10-2012, 01:16 PM
my lowrance didn't come with a transducer, i had to order it separately, just FYI

craigatcee
23-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey lightly Toasted!! Sitting in camp on the Boyne!!! You liven in Gladdy bud?

Lightly Toasted
23-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey lightly Toasted!! Sitting in camp on the Boyne!!! You liven in Gladdy bud?

Yeah mate, been here all my life. :)
Not liking this weather though, 35kts offshore. :o