PDA

View Full Version : Tinny touch up job

ben_460
21-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I have a 2004 stacer 460 sunmaster tinny in need of some touch up paint after a mates boat decided to break free of it's mooring and gave my boat a rub up! what is the best DIY option for color matching the blue stacer used, would it be a standard colour code? (I have also emailed stacer)

wayno60
21-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Is it painted or is it one of those big stickers. if it is painted and your able to, head around to the factory and see if they could give you a sml 500 can of the same paint. A little wet and dry, mask up the area that needs a spray, and when it drys polish in the over spray/

ben_460
21-10-2012, 05:15 PM
yeah it's painted, white undercoat with the blue over the top. Doesn't look like the ally is dented, just scratched. I've got a mate with the spray gear lined up to do it. just need to find the paint or get some mixed up to match. If I can get the orignal color I think the finish should be better.

wayno60
21-10-2012, 07:27 PM
shoot an email or ring the head office with all the info year, model, make and they will be able to tell you what you want to know.
Mate i just had at look where they are, Gold Coast City Marina, at Coomera.

where are you at??

Seahorse
21-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Ben.
I managea auto paint shop at brendale. We are auto paint suppliers. If you can get me a sample i will have it eyematched and mixed up for you. No charge.

Cheers
Greg

ben_460
22-10-2012, 07:24 AM
thanks guys, I might take you up on that seahorse, send me your details when you get a chance.

I'm at Narangba so not too fat away

wayno60
22-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Ben,
yes that might be a good idea, talking to a mate about this and he also had a few chips he wanted to touch up and went to telwater, who are the company that make stacer, quinnies and a stack of other well know brands( all coming out of the same factory) and they didnt want to sell him the paint because its their colour!! after he explained that it was for one of their boats, where he bought it from and the serial number of the boat they said yes no probs 1lt=$500.00.
he was so pissed off he went to the local car paint place with the colour code of the paint and they made it up for him...it was like $40.00

Noelm
22-10-2012, 02:55 PM
any dealer can get it for you, it is not a big deal at all, you can get it in a small 100ml and about 250ml tin. No use trying car places or the factory.

ben_460
22-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Ben,
yes that might be a good idea, talking to a mate about this and he also had a few chips he wanted to touch up and went to telwater, who are the company that make stacer, quinnies and a stack of other well know brands( all coming out of the same factory) and they didnt want to sell him the paint because its their colour!! after he explained that it was for one of their boats, where he bought it from and the serial number of the boat they said yes no probs 1lt=$500.00.
he was so pissed off he went to the local car paint place with the colour code of the paint and they made it up for him...it was like $40.00

shit, sounds like your mate got a raw deal. I email stacer on the weekend via there web site which auto sent it to my local dealer, I got this responce back this morning. 1 day turn around so I can't complain about the service. I don't know how big the tin is for 11 bucks yet but it's all helpful info so far.

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your enquiry. We carry pressure pack cans of the Stacer white and we can supply little tins of touch-up in the blue (the darker, more navy blue).
Pressure pack can – Stacer white $29.99
Touch-up tin – Blue $11.50
These can be purchased in our spare parts department –please give them a call if you wish to arrange purchase of either of these products – they can be contacted direct on (07) 3265 8030 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/skype-ie-addon-data://res/numbers_button_skype_logo.pngFREE (07) 3265 8030 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Below colour formulation is on the blue quoted above;

BLUE
Base: TC- 4L
QR 3Y13n
PB 10Y32
TW 2Y3n also Known as Rich Blue.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Thanks and regards

Ross Tanner
Service Operations

Seahorse
22-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Looks like ur covered ben. We could have eye matched it spot on anytime.

We may not have the formula but are matches are perfect and we then formulate colour for future reference, so paints shops can do it.
We are at brendale, paint centre

Cheers
Greg