PDA

View Full Version : unanswered quote requests

doctorbob
20-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi all, am a bit frustrated having requested a quote on two occassions from an unnamed reputable dealer on Boatsales.com for 70&90hp Suzuki DF & installation. I explained in detail that will be travelling mainland for 7 weeks in Jan/Feb and am able to plan fitting in my agenda. if any other suzi dealers out there from Vic to FNQ are interested in supplying a quote email me initially and we can talk
Rob

Humdinger
20-10-2012, 10:40 PM
get use to that mate i sent 10 emails on monday for a new motor for mine only 1 place called me back . so i suppose theres not many dealers out there that want
to sell 27k motors

Dave_H
22-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi all, am a bit frustrated having requested a quote on two occassions from an unnamed reputable dealer on Boatsales.com for 70&90hp Suzuki DF & installation. I explained in detail that will be travelling mainland for 7 weeks in Jan/Feb and am able to plan fitting in my agenda. if any other suzi dealers out there from Vic to FNQ are interested in supplying a quote email me initially and we can talk
Rob

It just seems to be the mantra of many operations that customer service doesn't exist any more. I was in a similar position in early 2009 when I wanted to purchase a new 90hp outboard. Weight being the main issue I'd narrowed it down to two specific models from two manufacturers. Then went through the same run-around of asking for quotes, price and availability etc from three dealers in Sydney and two from Hunter based dealers.

The difference between the two manufacturers dealers was like chalk and cheese, suffice to say I went where I got the service (and still get the outboard serviced there) and haven't looked back.

Might need to push the point a bit with a phone call and tell them pointedly you're sick of waiting for a reply to your quote request and they should sharpen their pencils good and hard and like right there and then... Seems to get the point across to them sometimes.

I have to admit that from what I've seen between many marine dealer sales staff and used car salesmen I'd have more trust in the ethics of the used car salesman, which is sad...

scrotty
22-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey all, thats just so typical of the marine industry. I have a heap of similar stories that i wont bore you with! Of course there are some exceptions but by far the majority of posts regarding service or the lack of it proves the marine industry is predominately unprofessional. My two cents! Cheers

Noelm
22-10-2012, 01:26 PM
My local Suzuki will fix you up, they are very good at "getting back to you"

doctorbob
22-10-2012, 01:43 PM
still waiting

Spaniard_King
22-10-2012, 05:35 PM
PM or ring me if ya want a Honda :) I ring back :)